traveling to fertility clinic?

1nceUponATime

Reaction score
Anyone have to travel to and from their fertility clinic? I've just learned the one I signed up for is over an hour away, and I am bummed. I'm desperately looking to find something in my area, but no such luck so far...

How did you deal with the constant lab work/medications/treatments etc. with your clinic further away?

Mine is a little over an hour. It's a little frustrating but it's the closest one. I feel as its worth it though if it gets me a bfp. Mine schedule me around 8 am so I can still go to work afterwards as I can be back around 10-1030 depending on traffic. I've had to go for my baseline u/s on cd 2 then don't have to go back until cd 11 to see how big my follies are. It's only a few times a month but I talked to my boss and I let her know what days I might needed to go so she scheduled me off or in later and agreed to let me be off the day of the IUI. I guess I'm lucky that they understand and work around me.

I have to fly 45 minutes to my Dr for all my appointments. I scheduled all my appointments for first thing in the morning so I was able to go into work in the late morning. RE would send me home with all my meds I would need at each appointment. It's defiantly harder, but doable. Are you doing IVF or IUI?

Mine was over an hour away too. I didn't mind the journey, to be honest. Like a pp said, I just scheduled my appointments early morning/late afternoon where possible to avoid them eating into my day.

I'm sure I'll be starting out with IUI or I'm hoping just injectables at first or something, but I am sure the doc will want to do a few tests before then.

Hope, I cant believe you have to fly!

I'm just hoping that the appointments will be at a minimum like a few quick things....I read some stories and it seems like people are at the office every other day or every day...and that is really overwhelming to me!

I was seeing my Dr every other day while stimming for IVF

I have to fly to my RE. For this upcoming IVF I will be taking a leave of absence from work for the entire cycle.

I actually went out of state for my fertility treatments. I monitored at home and when it was getting close to trigger I flew to the other state. It wasn't so bad but that's probably because I don't have to work. I guess I'm useless here.

In the past I have done IUI's with injectables. I did the same as Brokenoven. I flew over for my initial scan and b/w and then came back with my meds. I was monitored here with my regular OB/GYN who would send my results direct to my RE in Florida. Once they saw I was almost ready for my IUI I would fly back to Florida to have my procedure done. It is costly but anything to have my lil one!

I am about 2.5 hours away from my clinic! Luckily I've got family who are about 30 mins away so I scheduled to have the day off on appointment days. I would travel up to my family the night before. As for the actual ivf cycle I'm still undecided about what to do. Originally I was gonna take from injecting time to transfer off so I could be free and close by for the scans and monitoring but now I'm thinking from retrieval and tww would be better?? Also would a gp give a sick note in this situation??

We about 2 hrs from our clinic where we'll be having our scans during stims, then when we're ready for egg collection we have to travel 6 hours to london. We have to do the same for FET. Its not ideal, but guy's have the best pgd success rates 😉

That's crazy! I thought my travel time was bad. I did end up switching to a clinic about 40 minutes away... The other one was an hour and twenty minutes without traffic (and there is usually a lot of traffic!). So, I am hoping this helps. I have a new job and I guess that's why I am worried.

I travel 2 hours to my RE clinic, 4 hours roundtrip. It sucks, but the RE in the town I live in refused to take me as a patient (because of my age and my other health issues that have been resolved, had to go through major testing to prove it for new RE) and I was referred to this other RE by my GYN, who said he's the best in the state. It does suck, but I do try to either get early morning or late afternoon appointments for my scans (which are during the week) and then I have to drive right back to work for half a day since we are short staffed and very busy lately. I've had 3 of my 4 IUIs over the weekend, so that has helped. So far, I've had to go there 3 times a month. If I were to do more injectables or IVF, I would have to go more often for monitoring. BTW, I get my blood work done at the hospital I work at (for insurance purposes as well as convenience), then they just fax the results to the RE office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->