Travelling in first trimester

Meredith83

Reaction score
Ladies, Travelling this Wednesday Firstly 3 hours in the car then flying 2.5 hrs. Anyone has any advice. I'm a bit afraid especially of the flying bit... :dohh:I have no problem flying normally but not looking forward the cabin pressure and changes in altitude..

I found this helpful as I'm flying to Austria soon. I'm a high risk pregnancy so I'm waiting until 2nd Trimester but from things I've read and researched flying is perfectly fine in pregnancy and my GP an cardiologist didn't see worried at all.
Most of my friends who have had babies have flown several times 😊

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/927.aspx?CategoryID=54

Hope you have a lovely time away

I flew in my second tri and it was ok. I will say though that I opted for a pat down instead of going through the x-ray machine. Just personal preference and they didn't give me any grief about it. I also asked my doctor about it and she said it was perfectly safe.

I flew at 25 weeks last pregnancy, and I flew at 4 weeks this time :thumbup:

You'll be absolutely fine. You can't live in a bubble. I've flown loads in early pregnancy. With my first, 3 separate flights (each between 8 and 11 hours). With this one, only quick short haul flights, but I spent the first 5 months commuting 6 hours a day by train (sometimes standing) to work several days a week. You'll be fine. For short haul, I would just recommend getting an aisle seat in case you're sick or need to use the toilet lots and taking on your own drinks and snacks as you may need to eat more or you may only be able to eat specific things. And make sure your travel insurance includes emergency pregnancy care.

Thank you all for replies. I believe that I will be fine. It's is soo true. Our grandmothers even mothers worked and have done everything in pregnancy. To be honest internet is making me a bit paranoid. Might stop reading around for a bit.. :dohh:

I just traveled last week, cabin pressure didn't affect me any differently. I will be flying once or twice a month until February.

Yeah just never Googling flying in first trimester, I think what happens is SO MANY people fly and also sadly lots of MCs in first tri so it's easy to blame flying but it's really just timing and coincidence. Doctors say it's fine if you're not high risk and I trust the experts.

With my first I flew around 15 weeks and I just drank lots of water and asked to sit in an aisle seat.

With this one I've not flown but will probably fly next month for Christmas and also potential long haul, 9 hour flight in January! :wacko: With that one my main worry is blood clots but I don't think your flight is 9 hours or you would have said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->