treating PCOS with DCI?

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
Hey ladies I was reading a bit about PCOS and metformin how it's hard on the digestive system and I read about a more 'natural' option called DCI D Chiro Inositol. Supposedly it treats underlying imbalances in Blood sugar, insulin, and androgens.

Have you ladies heard of this or tried this treatment?
If this round of clomid is unsuccessful, I might try to mention this to my Dr and see what see thinks

Never heard of theat but sounds pretty effective. Either way it goes i would mention it to your dr he/she may be able to give you more insight on it to see if thats what will work best for you.

I also have a question... A few years back I was diagnosed with pcos but i also read that sometimes drs can misdiagnose. I do have painful cycles and sometimes they come further apart, im clearly not that fertile seeing how ive never been pg or atleast have never had a pg that lasted atleast 10 weeks and so on...but i dont have any problems with the other stuff they say comes with pcos like excessive hair, darkning skin, and weight gain. My appearance is completely normal. Does this mean i maybe dont have pcos or should i just go get a 2nd opinion??

I think it's possible not to have those things that you mentioned or at least not show the symptoms. I don't have the abnormal hair growth either, however my Dr told me you need 2 of 3 things to be diagnosed, polycystic ovaries, abnormal hair growth, increased number of androgens. I think some cases can be worse thanothers, especially influenced by diet and exercise.

If you question the first Dr I think it would be beneficial to get a second opinion, and ask more specific questions this time. It's possible there's another underlying issue that the first Dr didn't rule out like thyroid and such.

Yeah thats what i think ill be doing just so i can get a clear understanding of whats going on with my body.

Thanks alot nnaime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->