Treatment in other countries

Mrs R

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm just doing some research/ homework at the minute, on going to England or Scotland for private fertility treatment as we only have one private clinic in N.Ireland and it now has a waiting list.

Has anybody gone to another country for any sort of fertility treatment, and if so, how long did you spend in that country, or how many trips did you need to make per treatment cycle?

Any info would help. Thanks girls :flower:

I was considering Barcelona. It's cheaper, has good success rates and only needs two trips abroad. I just find the NHS so utterly awful that I think if I WAS to pay for treatment it wouldn't be here, if that makes sense.

Yeah, makes sense hun. I've read that two trips is all it takes aswell, but I can't figure out how.
Don't you have to go for an initial consultation, drugs, monitoring, egg retrieval, transfer etc etc? How does that happen in two trips?

I am going to SCan Health in Norway next spring if I am not pregnant. Its £1800 for everything inc the drugs at this end, and you stay for 10 days and can make a holiday out of it. This includes the accommodation..... Bargain I say and good success rates.

JUst had a look at that clinic hun, looks good. Might email them for some info

Well the way they would probably do a lot of it via satellite clinic, i.e. they would do all the consultations whilst in the UK. You would then go over for the egg collection and embryo transfer, usually done in the same stay since it happens only a couple of days between etc.

As for monitoring...well, I never even got monitored in the UK. My drugs were basically just a prescription left in the pharmacy. Was never really talked through them. Showed how to do injections, yes, but that's it. I had one scan to see if I could move onto stims and that was it, so it's feasible that it could be done in two trips.

I am going to SCan Health in Norway next spring if I am not pregnant. Its £1800 for everything inc the drugs at this end, and you stay for 10 days and can make a holiday out of it. This includes the accommodation..... Bargain I say and good success rates.

Just wanted to note that I emailed this clinic and received a reply in less than 10 mins!

They provided me with all the info I need about number of trips, costs, phone numbers, accommodation etc. Now that's what I call customer service! :thumbup:

^^^

Ooh ... Mrs R ... that sounds like a great clinic - must remember that one for me and DH, just in case!!

There are some pretty good reviews online. A few of the uk newspapers reviewed it. Its half the price of ivf in scotland.

^^^

Ooh ... Mrs R ... that sounds like a great clinic - must remember that one for me and DH, just in case!!

I was going to PM you about this maz!! If you want the leaflet thingy they sent me, let me know and I'll email it to you.

I'm so excited about all this, I've even been checking out the flights lol Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch. But it's nice to feel excited again :happydance:

Hi Ladies-just noticed you are in NI too! I also contacted this clinic and they were great! Anyone else find the royal terrible??

The Royal are awful - that's the general consensus amoungst us ladies lol

I've only been in touch with this clinic since yesterday, but we've pretty much made up our minds that if the Royal don't come up with the goods this month, we're off! I was so excited last night I couldn't sleep! I got up at 5.50am this morning to email the clinic for more details.

I think I've finally lost it!!

What's your experience with the Royal and this clinic glitterqueen?

Hi Mrs R
I was referred to royal-got appt in July He said that cuz of my age I would be better off trying naturally- He said he would arrange as hsc test for me and sa for DP Appt for DP is in sept but when I rang about mine I spoke to a lovely nurse who sympathised but said that the doc wouldnt do my tests until he had reviewed DP tests and so the review appt wouldnt be for at least 9 months!! thats it cant get to talk to anyone although the nurse did say the royal do nhs ivf up until 40 hence my fustration-will I still count if I was attending the clinic at that age??? Its the unable to speak to anyone that drives me mad I have had more info from the morway clinic in 1 day that anyone here ever!!
Anyway-ranting again- my own gp has refered me for lap and dye in oct so I am pinning hopes on that at min!!!!! Have also been seeing gynae for 5 years at another hosp who also did nothing despite doc suspecting endo but at least its moving now-its just the thought of all thise waisted years

P. S Don't worry I lost it ages ago:happydance: I am going insane and i swore i wouldn't get like this!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->