Trimester Confusion - Please help me...

Mom2Chloe

Reaction score
Hi ladies-- can you all help with something really quick?

I have read a few different things that say your second trimester starts at 13 weeks and some have said 14 weeks?? SO which is it??

Also I have read that weeks 9-13 is your 3rd month of pregnancy and week 14 starts your 4th month... Also have heard that you don't even start your 3rd month till the 12th week?? So confused. TIA!

I think it depends on where you are. Here in US first trimester is up until 13 weeks apparently.
3rd month really is based on how many weeks are in the month, we usually count it as 4 weeks but really there are 5 weeks in most months :)
Hope that makes sense for you!

Yeah I just go with 13 weeks. Or I think pregnology.com has a tool that spells out every single day so that you can see where in your pregnancy you'll be on what day, and it marks the trimesters.

Thank you Ladies... I looked at pregnology.com and that was the only website that says 2nd trimester starts at 13 weeks., the rest of the websites I have seen says it starts at 14 weeks.. I guess it's not that big of a deal, but just find it confusing.

this is so confusing!!

for me it gets easier in the later months because 27 weeks is the start of the third trimester & 7th month.

around here pregnancy is counted by months and it makes it even more confusing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"