Truly NTNP...

Angel_blues

Reaction score
Just curious to know if anyone on this thread is truly NTNP?

I mean no offence to anyone but I'm looking for women who aren't charting, tempting, taking opk's, testing before af is due, tracking cm, checking cervix... Nothing.

All I will be doing is keeping track as af because I'm super irregular and if I happen to be super late then taking a hpt... I don't want to be one of those women who count down the days until they rape their
OH then the tww... It too much stress! My body will get pregnant when it's good and ready!

Anyways sorry about the rant...

Hey, I just came on today so now we are officially ttc. I am not doing anything. I have 1 test waiting in the draw that won't be used until the time comes when I am a few days late. We have always dtd 5-6 times a week anyway so not making any effors like timing it to particular dates just carrying on as normal. As I have always had irregular cycles in the past i did start using an app for noting down cycles only after coming off mini pill 10 months ago but it's so I have a record of cycles more than anything but i seem to have gotten into a regular cycle now. I still class myself as ttc as i really do want it to happen ASAP even thou I am not doing anything different than usual.

Just seems like some of the women that frequent these forums are 'desperate' for a baby. Sorry don't know how else to describe it...

Of course I want to become pregnant. I eat healthy, I've lost weight, I take pre natal vitamins. But I believe that it's up to my body to decide if it's ready to become pregnant... Charting, temping all that stuff seems just so un-natural... And super stressful.

Yeah, I am trying to keep relaxed but after waiting so long to start ttc it's hard. Unless we get to like 6 months with no luck it's just carry on as normal.

We will be approaching NTNP in that same way. No charting, temping, keeping track of cm, nothing. I'll continue to keep track of AF, because that is in regards to my overall health anyway. The plan is to wait until August before we quit preventing, we want a small age gap in between our babies-but not THAT small. LOL

so glad I've come across this thread! :hi: I was doing pretty much everything you've stated, I've been doing it for the past 10 months that we've been trying for our second - however now I'm stressed out, and my depression has come back, me and OH have decided it's best to go for the total relaxed approach! no pressure, just if it happens, it happens. :) I think this will do me the world of good, and it'll probably make him a lot more chilled too! TTC started to take over my life, it became like a chore, when it should be fun.. I just can't do all of that stuff any more :nope:, so I'm glad to be starting my journey with you ladies here. I'm irregular too, so I'll just be watching for when AF arrives, as I have PCOS. I won't be testing or buying any tests, unless AF doesn't show for a long while. It'll be so nice to have a stress free month. :) well, that said, we're getting married in 22 days, so I don't think it'll be totally stress free! :dohh: :haha: x

Yay! Well you'll have something to divert your focus for the next month :) congratulations by the way!

Personally I'm focusing on my lifestyle change: eating healthy, kicking refined food to the curb. I'm starting to even look at fast food places and feel disgusted instead of craving them. I'm in my perfect weight range now, just working on building muscle and toning those trouble spots!

I can only imagine getting married and ttc being ridiculously stressful!

Congrats Rebecca! I agree that planning a wedding and TTC must be stressful.

I've always thought that it must be hard on your partner when things become chore like.
Praying a more relaxed approach works out well for everyone!

That's what I'm thinking.... A lot of women out there just happen to get pregnant when it's either unwanted or unexpected (I was one of them at 18 years old). We will be just fine letting nature do it's thing!

I keep worrying it will be really difficult this time, like I used up all my luck getting pregnant so easy before. Came off combined pill to ttc and caught right away, lost it at 7.5 weeks. Waited for 1 Af, tried again and caught with twins on first cycle. Last year in May i found out I was pregnant whilst taking mini pill but lost that one too. Was really devistated as we had already discussed ttc and decided to go for it this year a good 6 months before that happened so would have just been a very much wanted and welcomed early surprise. I just feel like no way I can get lucky enough to get pregnant that fast 4 times in a row and that's whats stressing me. That and terrified of another MC. I think i would be a lot more relaxed with this ttc malarkey without those worries.

That's how I feel twinmum. Our last pregnancy was a welcome surprise. In fact when I showed my hubby the 2 pink lines my words were "Sorry, but not sorry" LOL he said he was thinking the exact same thing. Of course we never dreamed it would have been twins, but were very excited, and then of course heartbroken when we found that we had lost one. That does stick with you, how could it not? So I have fears that I will be that neurotic mom calling the OB about every little twinge once we do fall pregnant. Ha!

I can relate too, I lost one before I had my daughter, but it stuck with me throughout my pregnancy with her, and it'll stick with me throughout any future pregnancies too. It's a real worry of mine, having a MC. I think we had a chemical this month, but there's no way we could find out for sure now. The baby I lost wasn't planned either, so I was just getting my head around it all, getting excited etc. and then I lost him/her :nope: It's crazy how I fell pregnant so easily with LO and my angel, but this time we've been TTC for 10 months, and still no luck! :cry: the whole thing does get me very down, thinking we had a chemical this month just tipped me over the edge - that's why my depression has come back with such vengance! :nope:

:dust: x

I've just gotten off the pill and I guess now we're at the ntnp stage. I don't plan to do any of those tracking, charting things just yet because they seem really, really stressful (I'm also kinda lazy). I don't want it to be a chore, and to be honest, just like you, I think that when our bodies are in the state to get pregnant it will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"