Trying again...

KElwanger

Reaction score
When have you ladies been advised that it is okay to try again? I think I just completed my miscarriage 3.5 hours ago by passing what I think was the placenta and baby. I'm about 6+5 today. The bleeding lastes for about 50 hours and now I'm not bleeding.

Obviously I will have to talk to my doctor about when to try again, but just wondering if their is a general guideline for trying again when you miscarry this early.

After 3 normal periods is best time to try again ((HUGS)) xxx

I'm assuming she'll say just one cycle too. Especially since the baby didn't progress past 6.5 weeks if that. If we wait one cycle and then get prego right away the baby will be due the same month as our ds. Cant decide if I care or not. That should probably be the least of my worries right now..

I am only going to wait one cycle. As long as you don't have complications that is all the time your body needs to heal. Many doctors suggest longer but that is b/c they are worried about mental state. I read a study from the Mayo Clinic yesterday that said it's important to try w/in 6 months as fertility is higher for that amount of time.

I'm assuming she'll say just one cycle too. Especially since the baby didn't progress past 6.5 weeks if that. If we wait one cycle and then get prego right away the baby will be due the same month as our ds. Cant decide if I care or not. That should probably be the least of my worries right now..

I got mixed advice, my family doctor told me we could start trying as soon as I have recovered from the D&C, and OB/GYN told me we should wait 1 cycle - for dating purposes.

I've been told first AF by my old OBYN and 2 to 3 months by my current GP. On one website I read 6 months for a natural loss! (not etopic or molar or anything that requires special treatment). Really, I would do what you are most comfortable with.

Ob told me 2 normal cycles - simply to make it easier to date the pregnancy when it happens, but not to worry if it were to happen sooner than that.

I live in the UK and had a natural miscarriage 3 weeks ago, I too passed the everything intact and was 7 weeks pregnant. The hospital told me to wait until AF but my doctor told me this was only for dating purposes and if I was ready I could start trying again straight away. So to be honest, we have. I know this probably goes against a lot of advice but they did tests and were happy for me to start trying. I trust my doctor totally and she's very understanding as she herself has suffered miscarriages.

Hope this helps, but like Starry Night said, just do what you're comfortable with.

xx

I found trying again as soon as I could helped me heal. Just being close to your loved one can help. I still get upset. Mmc last one I was 12 weeks but baby died at 8. I was distraught that I'd been carrying around a dead baby. Having all normal symptoms etc. I think it's about the cruelest joke your body can play on you. But I'd say try when you feel ready physically and mentally. But trying and having something other than sadness to focus on helped me a lot. Hugs xx

After my mmc at 9 weeks my doctor recommended waiting 2 cycles (but at least one minimum). I was impatient and we tried right away and I got pregnant again first cycle (before AF). That pregnancy only lasted a few days and ended as a chemical. Now I've waited one normal cycle since the chemical and am going to start trying this month. I guess in hindsight I wish I had listened to my doctor and waited at least a month but I can't change that now. There's no reason to wait more than 2 cycles if you feel emotionally ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->