Trying again?

croydongirl

Reaction score
After 4 m/c last year, the last one in December. I had a visit from AF last week and have been going back and forth about whether we want to try again this month.
I am going back and forward, it's so scary to think of what might happen.

But this is the week to try if we are going to. And because I have to start taking progesterone after ovulation when we try - we do an all or nothing. We dtd every possible day, or have him wear his raincoat until we are in the clear!

I am feeling a little more hopeful even as I write this...perhaps we will be trying after all?!

Good luck Croydon girl, have you had any tests yet for your recurrent miscarriages? Xxx

Good luck Croydon girl, have you had any tests yet for your recurrent miscarriages? Xxx

We had a bunch of tests done, all came back negative, then referred to a fertility clinic more tests and scans all negative. Went on progesterone for the last cycle but it didn't help the pregnancy to stick. My doc told me to double the progesterone this time and also are adding a steroid when i get my bfp. I also take aspirin at BFP,

There is nothing wrong with me according to the tests so far, but clearly there IS a problem. Hubby tested abnormal sperm morphology only 2% but I guess normally that means to takes a really long time to get pregnant but you can have totally normal pregnancies and many people with that condition never even know they have it. We do not have that problem, we have got pregnant every time we have tried - but clearly that is not normal.

Something is going on but until we try and exhaust our options we won't feel the freedom to move onto more fertility treatment or adoption, so I guess its more baby dancing for us!! Not really a tough treatment plan!!!

Wishing you all the best! Thanks for writing x

croydon girl - we have a bunch in common. 4 losses, last loss late 2010 and we are ovulating on the same day this month. i too have the progesterone suppositories at the ready. i am taking heaps of folic acid, a prenatal, vitamin C, eating and living like i am pregnant already. i waffle about the decision everyday since i am still so crushed from the last loss and don't know if emotionally i can be pregnant again, but we are going for it. it is going to be a marathon this month. we have already started even though my opk says i haven't yet ovulated. i don't have any advice - you will know what you want and when you are ready - just thought i let you know that you aren't alone.

croydon girl - we have a bunch in common. 4 losses, last loss late 2010 and we are ovulating on the same day this month. i too have the progesterone suppositories at the ready. i am taking heaps of folic acid, a prenatal, vitamin C, eating and living like i am pregnant already. i waffle about the decision everyday since i am still so crushed from the last loss and don't know if emotionally i can be pregnant again, but we are going for it. it is going to be a marathon this month. we have already started even though my opk says i haven't yet ovulated. i don't have any advice - you will know what you want and when you are ready - just thought i let you know that you aren't alone.

Thanks, I would love to keep in touch with you for the next couple of weeks. We already started the making babies for this month even though I am not ovulating yet. I know it's going to be a long couple of weeks. Have you had any tests, or do they know what is causing your miscarriages?

Thanks, I would love to keep in touch with you for the next couple of weeks. We already started the making babies for this month even though I am not ovulating yet. I know it's going to be a long couple of weeks. Have you had any tests, or do they know what is causing your miscarriages?

hi there - no, we haven't had tests done for the previous three miscarriages (7w, 6w, 11w) and it was assumed that i could get pregnant, but couldn't hang onto them which is why i was given the progesterone suppositories. with my pregnancy last fall i started the progesterone the minute i got a positive pregnancy test and all seemed well until the 12 week ultrasound revealed that the baby had anencephaly and wouldn't survive if carried to term. we were (are still) devastated and terminated the pregnancy on nov.30, 2010. we did ask for chromosome testing to be done to determine if we are high risk of this happening again. when i saw my OB a week ago she told me that the tests may still take weeks for the results to come back. we are not a high priority -obviously those who are carrying live babies rank as a high priority - but we would like to get a green light to try again. my OB said to go for it and that we just had 'bad luck'. we have been told that each time, as if we didn't already know! i started temping today, doing the opk and expect to ovulate on monday or tuesday next week. fingers crossed that we catch one this month. although, given my history, it seems that it takes me about 6-8 months to get pregnant after a loss. only time will tell.

I had two m/c last year. Finally after much begging I got my Dr. to do some easy blood tests and found that I am positive for antiphospholipids which inhibit blood flow to the baby causing the baby to miscarry. The sad thing is if I would have had this test done earlier I would probably have never miscarried as it can be treated by just taking a simple blood thinner. Make sure you make your Dr. test you for that if you haven't. It's just a simple blood draw.

I had two m/c last year. Finally after much begging I got my Dr. to do some easy blood tests and found that I am positive for antiphospholipids which inhibit blood flow to the baby causing the baby to miscarry. The sad thing is if I would have had this test done earlier I would probably have never miscarried as it can be treated by just taking a simple blood thinner. Make sure you make your Dr. test you for that if you haven't. It's just a simple blood draw.

wow. you'd think they'd test everyone for this, just to be on the safe side, if it's only a simple blood test.

The treatment for that is taking a low dose/baby aspirin fro mthe day you get a bfp. My doctor said even though I didn't test positive for that I could still take asprin when I get a bfp because it won't hurt and it might help./ So you could do that anyway with your next pregnancy. I hope that this time you fall pregnant quickly. It is so hard to wait.

The treatment for that is taking a low dose/baby aspirin fro mthe day you get a bfp. My doctor said even though I didn't test positive for that I could still take asprin when I get a bfp because it won't hurt and it might help./ So you could do that anyway with your next pregnancy. I hope that this time you fall pregnant quickly. It is so hard to wait.

really? i thought pregnant women aren't supposed to take aspirin at all.

wow - i have so much to learn...

I am in a similar situation. 4 losses and I've been waffling back and forth on whether to start TTC again this month because I am SO afraid. This is O week for me and we decided to try so we'll see what happens. I've got prog. waiting for when I eventually get a BFP.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"