Trying for 1# *advice welcome*

LJP1

Reaction score
Hi :thumbup:
I'm new to this so bare with me. Not quite sure what any of the abbreviations mean 'af' etc so sorry for spelling everything out.
I'm 23 & me & my partner have just started TTC (I know that one)
I have been on the pill (brevinor) for the last 2 years but as I had such heavy periods, was advised by my doctor to take the packets back to back so haven't had a regularly period for several years.
I have read & been told that my fertility shouldn't take long to come back, but now i don't know where to start with knowing when I ovulate, when my 'day 1' is etc.
Stopped my pill Sat 22nd June & started bleeding Monday 24th.

AF is aunt flo as far as i know. but it means your period. DPO is days past ovulation, BD is baby dance (DTD means the same thing lol, but 'do the deed') uhm...CD is cycle day! OPK is ovulation predictor kit and BFN and BFP are pregnancy tests (not too sure what they stand for! but obviously N is negative and P is positive! :p

im new to this too :) and also 23 so i dont know huge amounts about it either. but afaik, day 1 of your cycle is day 1 of your period. ovulation tends to occur around 14 days before your period, and you can identify it either by a spike in your basal temperature (you'd need a thermometer with 2 decimal points!) or OPKs or your cervical mucus (oh yes. that's CM)

uhm yea. thats all I've learned by watching these forums for a few weeks, but I'll leave the rest of the explaining to those who know more!

welcome and good luck!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

This list was a life saver for me!

:hi: Welcome! These ladies did a good job of covering most of the info. You'll find lots of support and help here. I'd definitely recommend investing in opks (you test to find your lh surge which happens right before ovulation) and temping. Your temps are lower prior to ovulation and rise right after ovulation. This can tell you so much about your cycle and your body. Temping can confirm that ovulation did happen and on which date, it can tell you how long your luteal phase (lp) is which is the amount of time between ovulation and when to expect to test or your next af (period) to start, and it can tell you about your hormones etc. It does take time to start to see your pattern while temping.

Knowing when ovulation is and making sure you try around it is the key to conceiving. Unfortunately, we have a small window of opportunity so it's important to track it. I've never been on birth control, but I know it varies for people. Some start to have 'normal' cycles quickly and some take a while to regulate. If you're not ready to start using opks or temping, I'd suggest trying as much as possible especially on days with fertile cm :)blush: watery or ewcm is the most fertile). Ovulation is usually in the middle of your cycle, but it doesn't have to fall on the 14th day of your cycle like people usually think. CD 14 is not even the middle of the cycle for some ladies! It can vary and change from month to month. The three days before ovulation and the day of ovulation tend to be the best days to try.

Feel free to join our support/testing group for more info. and help throughout your ttc journey. Click here to go to the thread.

Good luck! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->