trying for 2 years...still no baby

shawty2707

Reaction score
I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years now...My periods are always irregular and I have had it for the last 3 months straight. I went to the doctors numerous times and they have done ultrasounds of my ovaries and blood work and testing and everything is fine (so they say). I dont understand how everything can be fine when my periods are this irregular. I guess i'm just frustrated and confused on what to do next. I am sick of going to the doctor and having them tell me everything is fine. I dont know what to do next...Has anyone ever had this issue?! Could i be doing anything to better my chances of getting pregnant?! please help :cry:

i have crazy cycles and i have had blood work and my nurse said eveything is fine. but i did discover i was maybe bedding at the wrong times of the months, lots of ladies use opk and preseed, hope u get ur bfp soon x

I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years now...My periods are always irregular and I have had it for the last 3 months straight. I went to the doctors numerous times and they have done ultrasounds of my ovaries and blood work and testing and everything is fine (so they say). I dont understand how everything can be fine when my periods are this irregular. I guess i'm just frustrated and confused on what to do next. I am sick of going to the doctor and having them tell me everything is fine. I dont know what to do next...Has anyone ever had this issue?! Could i be doing anything to better my chances of getting pregnant?! please help :cry:

hi hun have you tired BBT its a sure way to no when your o..:hugs:

No i have never used a BBT. I'm not good at tracking my ovulation times..Its so hard when i'm constantly on my period. I have used ovulation kits and they always say that i am...But i know i'm not. I'm so confused about all of this. I just dont understand what i could be doing wrong :( I'm starting to wonder if i am infertile. I really hope not. All my friends are pregnant or have had kids and its so depressing!

I'm suprised your doc hasn't offered any more help after 2 years ttc! Sorry to be personal, but has you OH had any tests too?

Have you heard about Agnus Castus? It is a herbal remedy which helps regulate cycles, by regulating hormone levels - google it and you'll find lots about it. But if you use it you need to be able to determine when you have ovulated, as you only take it up to ovulation and then start again when your next AF comes (or not as the case may be).

Good luck - really hope you get your long awaited bfp soon!

I'm suprised your doc hasn't offered any more help after 2 years ttc! Sorry to be personal, but has you OH had any tests too?

Have you heard about Agnus Castus? It is a herbal remedy which helps regulate cycles, by regulating hormone levels - google it and you'll find lots about it. But if you use it you need to be able to determine when you have ovulated, as you only take it up to ovulation and then start again when your next AF comes (or not as the case may be).

Good luck - really hope you get your long awaited bfp soon!

My husband has a daughter with an ex of his so i'm pretty positive he is ok :) its just me i guess..and thanks for the information, i will definatly be looking up the agnus castus!

No i have never used a BBT. I'm not good at tracking my ovulation times..Its so hard when i'm constantly on my period. I have used ovulation kits and they always say that i am...But i know i'm not. I'm so confused about all of this. I just dont understand what i could be doing wrong :( I'm starting to wonder if i am infertile. I really hope not. All my friends are pregnant or have had kids and its so depressing!

why dont you go to Fertility friend and set up a BBT chart its the only way to no for sure hun...You need a basal themometor and take your temp every morning at the same time and FF will give you a O day then you can link it to here and we can peek at it..:hugs:

Ok, that's good then. Lets hope you can get your cycles a little more on track and that you will get a bfp soon.

btw, if your ovulation tests are always showing positive, then you should mention this to your doc as it can mean hormone inbalance or pcos. You should be checked for these. Your doctor surely can't keep saying everything's fine when you are on your af for ages either! go back - I know it's hard but you may get the answers you are looking for!

Take care!

I will definatly be purchasing a thermometer. I have been tested for pcos and my doc said i was negative for that. I'm pretty positive i have a hormone inbalance. I have been taking prenatal pills but thats not doing anything for me either. Its great getting responses from all of you! it makes me realize i'm not so alone in this :)

I will definatly be purchasing a thermometer. I have been tested for pcos and my doc said i was negative for that. I'm pretty positive i have a hormone inbalance. I have been taking prenatal pills but thats not doing anything for me either. Its great getting responses from all of you! it makes me realize i'm not so alone in this :)

:hug::hugs::hug:

I know it stinks but hang in there.... All it takes is one and that sounds repetitive and canned but my husband just got a vasectomy reversal and he probably doesnt have much sperm. I got bummed and refused to test because I dont want to know the bad odds. Luckily I asked the urologist and he said one single living sperm per session has the capability (although low) to impregnate. Pregnancy will always be a miracle I guess. Lets hope for a miracle for you. AND A BFP SOON! Hugs!!

Thank you! :) I know stress is really bad when your ttc but after two years of trying and watching everyone around you spit out babies its hard, lol. But i wont stop trying!

I definitely agree about the time thing. I had my son almost 10 years ago at 19 yo and then split with my ex husband. My boyfriend and I got pg right when we were breaking up in 2002. Turned out after D&C it was a blighted ovum. I met my current husband right after that and he had a vasectomy. I swore I would never never be with someone who didnt want kids but I fell in love anyway. I cried for six and a half years that I couldn't have a baby. I didn't pressure him believe it or not and I always told him I wanted one more. He finally decided that he needed the reversal. It has been almost four months since now I guess. Like I said in the last post I dont even know if it was successful. He had the vas for eight years. Back to what you said about everyone popping out kids it sucks. My best friend and I were going to get pg together and we planned it in 05. She didnt wait for us to get the surgery and went on without me. Then she didnt call me when she had him. I was supposed to be her doula. THAT SUCKED... Talk about thrown in your face. Oh and by the way she called me at MIDNIGHT on a worknight to tell me the BFP. I cried all night. This is OUR turn now shawty. Lets MAKE OUR BABIES AND GET BFP'S!!! Oh and sorry about the book lol

My last post was funny. I said I cried six and a half years and told my husband I wanted one more but I didnt pressure him lol. No, really. I did pressure him but no "do it or else" stuff. Just every few months - you ready? you ready now? A lot of people got mad at me and said I had no business bothering him when he obviously didn't want any more kids. I don't care. He fell in love with me KNOWING I wanted a big family and I fell in love with him KNOWING he didn't. We had a pickle for sure. But six 1/2 years later we resolved it after facing it head on. Are we or aren't we? I said it wasn't fair to keep me hoping forever. I also told him I loved him no matter what and if it wasn't a joint decision it wouldn't be fair to the baby. I don't know why I'm writing so much. I am scared I guess. Do you already have any kids or is this #1?

Six and a half years?! wow i would be so frustrated! lol. This will be my number one :) my husband is going to be thirty so he wants to get things going! I'm 22 and we have been together for 2 1/2 years. He would do anything for me and we both want this so badly! I agree its our turns! :happydance:

Well I have to be honest. When I cried to people about not being able to conceive, I always got the same canned reply. "You are lucky to have one." NOOOOOOOO! But I did come to the realization that when I look at my son, I might be looking at all I will ever be blessed with. He is big now and doesn't need me so much. He is growing into a wonderful young man. You know what? I am blessed. When I see wonderful young women like you trying for #1 and struggling emotionally, it makes me realize that I am blessed. On the same token though, if you were pg now and tried again for #2 and had to wait you would be bummed you know? Mommas want babies. Thats what we do eh? One never seems to be enough. I swear when you give birth (AND YOU WILL!) you will swear NEVER to do that crud again lol. But literally three hours later you are ready to do it again. I cannot WAIT for your BFP!

You are truely blessed! I'm happy that you at least had the chance to be pregnant once and I hope twice :) My husband says he only wants one but I know IF i get pregnant it will be easier getting pregnant the second time, haha. It might just "happen". Everyone always asks me if i'd consider adoption. I really don't think that is for me. It just wouldn't be the same. I want to experiance MY pregnancy. It all seems so exciting and I am constantly watching a baby story and all those baby shows. People are so lucky and they have NO idea how we feel :( It really pisses me off that the unfortunate ones get pregnant and purposely lose it or abort it, or just are sh*tty parents. I see so much of this around here where i live and i cry all the time about it. Its just not fair :(

Hi Shawty,

My DH and I have probably been trying for the same time as you and I really do understand how frustrating it is, so many people around me as pg or just had a baby at the moment I am finding it hard. But I am trying to stay positive and keep thinking that when the time is right it will happen although it is hard at times.

Good luck and hope you get your BFP soon.

K
xx

Hi Shawty,

My DH and I have probably been trying for the same time as you and I really do understand how frustrating it is, so many people around me as pg or just had a baby at the moment I am finding it hard. But I am trying to stay positive and keep thinking that when the time is right it will happen although it is hard at times.

K
xx

Thank you so much! I hope to hear you get your BFP soon too! Like i said earlier, I'm so glad that people are going through this with me. Its nice to know people can relate with me. Makes me feel SO much better!

Hi Shawty,

K
xx

Thank you so much! I hope to hear you get your BFP soon too! Like i said earlier, I'm so glad that people are going through this with me. Its nice to know people can relate with me. Makes me feel SO much better!

It can be so hard sometimes I work with children and families as well and when you work with people who get pregnant so easily and seem so flipant about how precious and what a miracle it can be it makes me feel so sad and angry recently I have come home from work and cried quite a bit but we must keep trying and hope that one day someone will smile on us and it will be our turn.

Wishing you all the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"