Trying for #2

rbourre

Reaction score
We were originally going to wait a little longer, but we've decided to try for baby #2 next cycle. I've never tried to get pregnant before, so I am not really sure what to expect or how long it could take. Our daughter was a big surprise, we didn't even find out I was pregnant until 22 weeks and she was born at 29 weeks. I had no real symptoms that made me think I was pregnant. I had what I thought were periods in March, April and May (she was conceived in February). It was normal for me to go 2 months with no period, so by mid July when it had been about 9 weeks since I had bled, I took a test. Instantly positive, and blood work plus lmp (or so we thought) put me at about 11-12 weeks. It was a HUGE surprise the next week when we went for a dating scan and I was 23 weeks 6 days.

I pumped for 6 months for my daughter and when I stopped, my period returned. They have been regular every month for the last 11 months, 28-30 day cycles.

I will be considered high risk since I had a preemie (I had pre-eclampsia). We are really hoping to make it to at least 34 weeks this time, but obviously we'd like to go full term.

Im not sure on if they will monitor you more as my son wasnt premature and haven't been in that situation but I would just like to say :hi: I am TTC baba 2 also, been trying for 7 months but I breastfed the whole time x

I'm ttc#2 also, am currently on cd3 after having a MC last month. I fell straight away with the MC but it took a MC & 12 months to conceive my little boy. Really hope it doesn't take as long this time round!

That's crazy that you didn't find out till 22 weeks... It's good really as I spent the first trimester worried about everything. It would of been good to bypass all that!

I'm sure you will be fine this time round. Did they give any indication as to why you got pre-eclampsia? I was considered high risk also as I had placenta previa & had section at 38 weeks but the likelihood of it happening again is very low.

I'm ttc#2 also, am currently on cd3 after having a MC last month. I fell straight away with the MC but it took a MC & 12 months to conceive my little boy. Really hope it doesn't take as long this time round!

That's crazy that you didn't find out till 22 weeks... It's good really as I spent the first trimester worried about everything. It would of been good to bypass all that!

I'm sure you will be fine this time round. Did they give any indication as to why you got pre-eclampsia? I was considered high risk also as I had placenta previa & had section at 38 weeks but the likelihood of it happening again is very low.

My OB was awful. I only saw him twice, once while pregnant and once for my 6 week check. When I went in and explained what happened, he said "oh I was wondering why you didn't show up for your appointment." I was busy being cut open. He also looked at my papers and said that he did notice some stuff was a bit off, and my blood pressure was a bit high when I was in the office (I was about 27 weeks). A few days later, I was in a car accident and while monitoring the baby, they discovered pre-eclampsia and sent me to a bigger hospital with a NICU where I stayed on bed rest until 29+5 when I got worse. If my doctor had mentioned it, we probably would have been able to control it and I probably could have got to at least 34 weeks. Good thing I've moved so I won't have the same doctor again.

I will more than likely have to have a c-section with baby #2 as well. The doctors and high risk doctors all thought it was too risky for me to go into labour with my daughter. I haven't spoken to any doctor's about it yet because we just decided this weekend to start trying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->