• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Trying for 6 months...

Looray

Reaction score
My partner and I have been trying since early Feb. I came off the pill and we started straight away. We've been doing the deed at least 4 times a week and still nothing. I'm starting to get worried. He already has a child so we know he hasn't got a problem. Any advice??? Please

Hi Hun, it took us 8 months to finally get our BFP. I was off the pill for over 2 years.
Sometimes it just takes longer than others. It seems that we only hear the stories of people who got pregnant within the first month or two of trying. 6 months is still considered a "normal" time period.
Have you been using OPK? You might have been getting the date wrong.

Whats OPK? Sorry I'm kinda new to all this stuff. I've been using a few phone apps to see my fertility period.

Ovulation Predictor Kits.
You pee on them to know when your LH surge is

No but I think I'll start this month. Did you use any vitamins or suppliments?

We have been trying for 6 months to. I thought this month was my lucky month cause I was 3 days late. Still got BFNs, then this morning AF showed her ugly face. Feeling so defeated. I got upset and told my SO that I don't want to try anymore cause I'm tired of being disappointed. Well that's not true. I want a baby so bad. I have 2 amazing kids, and he has 2 but we want one together. Can someone please tell me how to do the charts that everyone has on their pages please. Ive just been using a calendar to track stuff.

Took us 3 years!!! Advice: be very certain of when you ovulate, for example mine was day 20/21 and OPKs were always wrong for some reason, I could only tell ovulation from changes in CM.

After coming off the pill it can definitely take several months to get your cycle sorted. Start charting and temping and make sure you know when you are ovulating. You can be preparing yourself meanwhile by taking a multivitamin or prenatal and making sure you are getting as healthy as you can. Here are some basics for the TTC process. I hope some of it helps. Good luck :)

Problems can occur even when you've already got or had a child.
I've been off the pill since 2007, took 11 months to fall pregnant first time and nothing since.

I was also using a phone app that gave me an ovulation window of 15-20 BUT when I used the opk (ovulation test) is gave me positives on 21,22 so technically the phone app was OFF even though it was close.. So If I had just BD on lets say 15,16,17 I might not have gotten pg because of it.. I BD on the 20 and so sperm stuck around I guess.. :) Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"