Trying for a girl... ** Gender update **

wanna_baby

Reaction score
Ok this may sound a little crazy, as the main goal is a healthy baby, but I've been really wanting a girl as I already have 2 boys... I've been doing some reading on how to conceive girls and the main thing that pops up everywhere is the timing of BD... According to the Shettle's theory, girls sperms swim slower but last longer and boy sperm faster but die off... so they suggest to BD 2-4 days before Ovulation to conceive a girl.... Looking at my chart, I peeked on CD20, which means I will probably ovulate CD 21 or CD 22, as much as I want to follow this method to increase the chance of a girl, I don't want to miss the egg either.. Anyone has experience with this and was successful???

IMG_5409.jpg

Following this as I'm very intrigued! I don't know what I'm having, but going by this method it should be a boy.

Following this as I'm very intrigued! I don't know what I'm having, but going by this method it should be a boy.

THanks for follwoing jft... still not sure if I should squeeze in another bd or not... my gut is telling me no.... so i think I'll try this method out... will keep you posted for sure... g'luck with your pregnancy.. I guess you'll find out soon enough weather it's a boy or girl...

I'd be the exact same. I'd be tempted to squeeze one in, just to be sure I caught the egg, but probably best to leave it and follow the method. Good luck!!
Yup, not long and I should know.. If it's a girl I'll be very shocked!

THanks Bev!!

JFT, do you have a preference if it's a boy or girl??

I'd have to double check but I know we BD on the day of O and we got the gender I wasnt aiming for.

Here’s my experience as I tend To have ovulation pains & know when I ovulate or was tracking with strips(confirmed by babies gestation at ultrasound).

1st son- (was using ovulation strips) tested positive & DTD day after positive strip.

2nd Son- (ovulation strips) tested positive & DTD that night & the night after. Got Ovulation pain the morning after DTD the 2nd night.

Current pregnancy (told girl at 20 week ultrasound & confirmed girl again 10 days later)- wasn’t tracking as NTNP. DTD on a Wednesday & didn’t think anything of it as I was not supposed to ovulate for another 5 days according to my cycles. Woke up Saturday morning to some light cramping & achyness in general. At that moment I was like “hmmmmm I’m ovulating early” but honestly didn’t think I’d get pregnant. Got my BFP 2 weeks later. Dating ultrasound dated me exactly the weeks and days that my suspected ovulation pain was.

So with the girl I DTD 3 days before ovulation & both boys I DTD either day of ovulation or day before kinda thing. So in my case this holds some truth!

THanks Bev!!

JFT, do you have a preference if it's a boy or girl??
It's my first so I'm not bothered at all, as long as it's healthy. But we've decided not to have a big gap between our first and second so plan to start trying again in April, and I'd like one of each which is why I'm so curious

It's my first so I'm not bothered at all, as long as it's healthy. But we've decided not to have a big gap between our first and second so plan to start trying again in April, and I'd like one of each which is why I'm so curious

I'm telling you this baby is a boy, my dream said so!!! :rofl: only joking baby will probably be a girl now just you watch :rofl: x

Thank you ladies for your input!!!

@ OnEarth, you mentioned you BD on the day of ouv, curious as to which gender you got??

@ supermother, I'm so happy to hear the theory holds true for you. As I decided not to BD after the CD19..

So now it's just the matter of catching the egg ... time will tell...

@JFT, you are so brave for waiting it out... I couldn't do it...

will keep you guys posted.....

I had sex the day before ovulation so shettles a wasn’t accurate for me but my boys were conceived all the way around ovulation too. Good luck

I had sex the day before ovulation so shettles a wasn’t accurate for me but my boys were conceived all the way around ovulation too. Good luck

Hi Bobster,

I think the Shettles theory says you should BD 2-5 days before Ovulation to conceive girls. So you conceiving boy bding the day before is in line with the theory no??

So we've managed to catch the eggy.. and am happy to announce that I am pregnant....

As I said at the beginning of this post, although healthy baby is the ultimate goal, there would always be a void in my life if this baby isn't a girl... I have to wait a long 16 weeks go find out.... :coffee:

So we've managed to catch the eggy.. and am happy to announce that I am pregnant....

As I said at the beginning of this post, although healthy baby is the ultimate goal, there would always be a void in my life if this baby isn't a girl... I have to wait a long 16 weeks go find out.... :coffee:
I'm so happy for you! Congratulations. Please keep us updated when you find out!

Thanks ladies!! I’ll definitely keep you posted but I need to get through these first few tough weeks first!!

Congratulations Wanna_baby! Hope things turn out for you.

The theory seemed to work for us. We conceived our first child (son) by BD around date of ovulation. But when we decided to TTC for our second we BD several days before ovulation... the following day I decided we would wait until next month to try due to DOB being around x-mas lol. Turned out I got pregnant that month and we had a girl. I really can't remember the cycle days as my kids are now 7 & 5 lol.

We are planning to TTC #3 in the new year and we might try the theory out again because I'd love another little girl... but either way I'm lucky to have one of each already so I won't mind either way really.

Thank you Joanna!! Will certainly let you know when I find out. And G'luck for when you start TTC!!..

Can I ask everyone’s take on the situation as the theory is girls live longer but swim slower,what if a girl sperm is already there in the tube waiting after dtd prior to o but u also dtd on day of o? Is it pot luck which one gets there first or would the boys still swim faster do u think? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->