Trying for our 3rd and final baby

mychelle4

Mom of two perfect girls
Reaction score
So here I am again. for the last time. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl last April at thirty nine years old and couldn't be happier. Unfortunately I'm not getting any younger however, and I still don't have my little boy! So DH and I have decided to give it one more go, and try for our son. Of course if we ended up with another daughter we would be just as happy, but we are trying for a boy.

I'm on cd2, of cycle one trying. Any advice those who have boys may have would be most appreciated, and I really would love to have some cycle/ttc buddies to talk to. We arn't telling anyone that we are ttc#3 so the only people I have to talk to are here. :)

Wishing everyone lots of luck on their life altering journeys

There are a lot of gender swaying websites if you google for them. I do know a high nutrition diet is suppose to help sway boy. I also know sex close to ovulation is suppose to help sway boy too. I would give it a quick google search.

I am trying to sway girl so that is my limited knowledge base. :haha:

I am also ttc my third baby. I have a girl and a boy already but I'm one of those rarities that want to have 2 of 1 gender because my kiddos get along better with other kids of the same gender than with each other lol.

The difference for us was with DD we were trying everyday or every other day all cycle long in various sex positions but with DS we only dtd twice, once a few hours before O and once the day after O, and both in the doggie position. I've read that getting as close to O as possible and getting the sperm as close to the cervix as possible increases your chances of a boy. Also making the girl orgasm first so the vagina is more friendly to Y sperm. Diet wise, I don't think there was any drastic changes except I was eating a lot of meat. I was strictly vegetarian while pregnant with my DD, mostly because I was afraid of the increased chance in food poisoning while pregnant. I know, cooking helps with that, but I was still very cautious. Having given birth to my DD only 3-4 months before I conceived DS, I was lacking in the protein department which is why I think I started eating more meat.

These were all just looking back at my cycle notes (I keep notes on all my cycles whether I end up pregnant or not for doctor purposes in case anything changes). We weren't exactly "swaying" but we did do things differently. I hope this helps you :)

Thank you both for your input. With both my girls I wasn't trying one way or another...just kind of hoping for girls. :haha: But this time I really would like for it to be a boy. I do know about trying to get it as close to O as possible, I have recently been reading about the "boy diet". I'm going to be starting on that this cycle as well. Unfortunately I'm a bit worried that I may just be predisposition towards girls. My mom has six kids...five of which are girls. Of her eight grand kids, seven are girls. Ugh! I'm going to need every trick I can find!

I dont have much advice about gender swaying but I am also TTC my 3rd. I have two girls already as well. Not quite sure how this cycle is going to go but would be nice to have a BFP before Christmas time. This is also our first month TTC again. My DD's are 9 and almost 3 in December.

we are trys for #3, have 1 of each so not really bothers which althouth dh would prefer it to be the same sex as the oldest so that ds even though he is the middle child would be the only boy, so not left out etc (not that he would be!!!) with dd we dtd every other night, woth ds he was our little surprise (i was caught on the pill) so have no idea!!

good lick x

My oldest is turning sixteen this weekend. She has pretty much grown up as an only child. I don't want that to be the case for molli. We're hopping to have a bfp by her first birthday to keep their ages close. If it takes longer we won't complain though, honestly I was shocked how easy it was for us last time! Especially at my age.

Hi ladies! I am also trying for my 3rd and final baby. I have one of each, but my heart tells me my family is not done yet. We've tried off and on a few times, but this is my first gun ho cycle. Good luck to everyone!
I have no idea about gender swaying. With dd, we bded every other day, and with ds, I used opk so we bded on and around ovulation.

:dust:

Hi!

We're also trying for a third (and final) baby. We have two boys already. I was hoping for a girl when I was preggo with both of them lol! But at this point I think I really don't care if it's a boy or girl.

In terms of our TTC with our boys -- as others have said, it supposedly helps to have sex on the day or day before ovulation. I conceived both DSs this way. There is some further info out there about acidity levels in the body (regulated by diet), and how ph levels can make a difference in swinging gender probabilities (slightly). But that's where my knowledge stops!

Good luck! I just got my BPF today, hoping he/she (assuming he) sticks!!

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm glad there are lots of us here on the journey to complete our families. I should be ovulating this coming weekend and I'm getting excited to get my first tww under way. Good luck ladies!

I will be ovulating beginning to mid next week i think. Ill be using opks for the first time. DH is working out of town till Friday night so I'm hoping I don't O early.

This is our second month TTC again but technically its our first because calculating back it looks like we didn't bd until the day after O. Oops!

I have two girls and would be happy with another but would be really wonderful to have a boy :thumbup:

Thank you both for your input. With both my girls I wasn't trying one way or another...just kind of hoping for girls. :haha: But this time I really would like for it to be a boy. I do know about trying to get it as close to O as possible, I have recently been reading about the "boy diet". I'm going to be starting on that this cycle as well. Unfortunately I'm a bit worried that I may just be predisposition towards girls. My mom has six kids...five of which are girls. Of her eight grand kids, seven are girls. Ugh! I'm going to need every trick I can find!

TTC #2 and hopefully a boy. In same sort of situation. I have a Sister and my sister has two girls. My Mum has a sister and she has a daughter and my Grandmother had two daughters, going back to my great great grandparents who had 5 girls and 1 boy! The odds are not in my favor!!

Hi everyone! We're also ttc our third and final baby. We've got two girls as well and a boy would be nice for the novelty. :haha: That said, I love being a girl mum and would be just as happy with a third. I hate ttc though, all the waiting and the not knowing and the "unnecessary" limiting of coffee and alcohol. I don't mind at all when pregnant. But having just got a bfn and knowing I could have had the glass of champagne I had to smuggle over to DH at a wedding last week, that's just annoying.
I don't know if I'm out completely this month but it's looking likely. If I am, we'll wait until after Christmas to try, so lots of time to obsess...

Hello everyone!! DH & I currently also have 2 girls (one will be 7 this week and the other is 2). We're still debating on whether or not we want to go for #3 but we are leaning more towards yes and hope to start trying in the next few months. We are also hoping for a boy as this baby will very likely be our last. DH has always said with each baby (and the possible new one) that he doesn't care if it's a boy or girl but I know he would love a little boy!:thumbup:

Keeping notes on all of the suggestions for gender swaying!! With our first, she was a surprise so I'm not sure when we conceived in relation to O date but with #2, we were trying and I'm fairly certain she was conceived before my O date. This time around, I'll be getting as close to my O date as possible

Welcome ladies! Nice to know there are so many of us here. My DH also says he's fine with either, but it's hard to miss the grin on his face when he talks about having a son. This will be our last child thus last chance for a boy...though I'm not going to lie, the thought of not having to redo the nursery is a good reason to be just as thrilled with a girl! :lol:

With both my girls I know we did before o day, so I'm really going to try to get as close to o as possible this time. Fingers crossed! Still about 3 days to go!

We are ttc out 3rd too, I originally only wanted 2 girls and I've got them! But recently got pregnant by surprise and that pregnancy ended. So now I've realised I want another baby and dp would love to have a son! I'd like to have another girl but we would be happy with either :)

I'm also ttc #3. Same thing happened with us dinky. Thought we were done then had a mishap that ended in a chemical which made us realize we do really want another one. On cycle 4 and driving myself mad! We have two girls. Dh would love a boy and all I care about is health. I would be over the moon either way ;)

I'm so sorry for both of your losses, but at the same time happy that you've realized your families aren't yet complete. It's great to have others in the same position as me at this exciting time in our lives.

I've personally just entered my first tww again. I'm hopeful, but not too hopeful. Let the waiting begin!

I'm right there behind you. I I will hopefully be in the TWW in about 3-4 days. This wait before the tww is taking it's sweet time.

Lol seems like that's all we do is wait on one side of the egg or the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->