Trying for second child, ivf question

qwerty310

Reaction score
We had our first child after 3 failed IUIs and then one round of ivf (yay!). My question for USA ladies who might have gone through this when trying for their second child: did you have to go through IUIs all over again? We froze a few embryos and want to use those.

We aren't trying yet, I was just curious about this. Who knows, maybe we will conceive naturally for no. 2 but it was so hard the first tine around... Diagnosed with unexplained infertility.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I am starting my first IVF for a second child. I did not do any IUIs I opted to go straight to IVF my doctor said there is a higher chance of multiples with IUIs and I don't want to chance it. My first child was conceived after one round of Femara. I have stage four endo.

Thank you for your reply. Hoping that we wouldn't have to go through the months of failed IUIs again. Best of luck to you!!

Since you already have unexplained fertility, and two frozens, I would assume they would let you start of by doing a FET.
I did IUIs back before my first IVF, and they never worked for me. I tried clomid and IUIs, for so many months and it never did the trick. Unless I wanted to try naturally, without meds, I don't think they would even want me to waste time going back to IUIs, cause I also have many frozens
Good luck!!!!

Juliet,thank you. And good luck! I see you had beta yesterday??

yes! it came back positive! so happy after two failed FETs :D

We ended up conceiving naturally and by surprise for #2!!

Qwerty, I saw your name which made me read this thread and I had to jump on here to say a huge congratulations X

Pinkie!! Just caught up on your story... So happy for you and crossing my fingers for a fantastic scan tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->