Trying hard not to be scared

Talia12

Reaction score
I still can't find baby on the Doppler and by my dates I'm 11 weeks tomorrow (despite the fact that all my scans have shown me 2-4 days behind, I can only be maximum 1 day behind as I had an early bfp). I know that's not necessarily terrible but I am really scared about it and can't wait another 2 weeks for my 12w scan.
I booked a private scan for this Sunday and am just bricking it. If everything is ok I am throwing my doppler in the bin. If it's not then I am glad the doppler let me know before I blindly went to my 12w scan. I've tried SO hard to find the baby, and used the doppler successfully from 9w with my son so I know how to use it, where to look etc. Just feeling quite sad and worried, this Sunday can't come fast enough. I hope baby measuring 4 days behind at 9w wasn't the sign that s/he was struggling.

Please pray/cross your fingers for me ladies

Even if you were able to find your first this early, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to find it this early with this one. Each pregnancy is different. I couldn't find DD until 15 weeks. DS I found at 9. I haven't tried with this one yet. With DS, because I worried a lot, I dopplered often. At 12 weeks, though I could find the heartbeat myself, my midwife couldn't. That just shows how hard it can be to find the heartbeat this early on regardless of your skill level with the doppler. With DS it was still very difficult and had to have certain things in place to even have a chance at finding it (full bladder, pelvis propped on a pillow, and a lot of patience) until I was a little further along.

It sounds like the doppler is causing more anxiety than relieving it. Good luck at your scan. I hope it relieves some anxiety until your 12 week scan :hugs:

With a tilted uterus it's incredibly hard to find the heartbeat with the Doppler. Once your uterus straightens out in the second trimester it will be easier. I will be 13 weeks on Friday and still can't say I definitely found the heartbeat yet an pod like you I have a tilted uterus this time around.

Thank you both. I'm really really staying hopeful for good news on Sunday... It will shut me up until my 12w scan (which is only 10 days later).
I've been sleeping on my tummy in the hopes gravity might pull my uterus forward! Haven't read anywhere that it helps but I want that baby in my tummy not my back...

I remember seeing in another thread that you had an appointment this week. Did it go ok? If so, I wouldn't be too concerned about not being able to find the heartbeat with the doppler. Those are definitely not perfect.

I didn't find mine until 12-13 weeks (unsure of dates) this time and 14 weeks with my first-born! I know how nerve-wracking it is, but it is just fine. It doesn't mean anything. Baby measuring a couple of days small doesn't mean anything. My baby measured 12 days small! My first-born measured 3 days small, although I was POSITIVE of my dates then. It's allllllllll good. You've just got to let go of control when you're pregnant. You can't see what's going on. You never know for sure. It's always gonna be scary. :hugs:

This morning I had trouble finding my babys heartbeat... ive been listening for a long time but he or she disappears sometimes and I have to try later...Im 13 weeks tomorrow.. Dopplers are only good if you allow yourself to not stress.. If you have gas it can even stop you from hearing the HB. Good luck

Thanks everyone. I think if I'd known the doppler would cause me stress I wouldn't have got one this time, but it was so lovely having it with my son, and going to my 12w scan safe in the knowledge that baby's heart was beating away, it didn't occur to me that this would happen this time round. Dopplers are brilliant WHEN they work out!
To melissaelaine, thank you my appointment was ok! It was just a midwife booking in appointment, so no checking on baby. Just blood tests, blood pressure and a million forms and questions (is the baby's father a blood relation of yours was a personal highlight haha)

I just had my 16 week appointment yesterday and the student and midwife couldn't find the heart beat with the doppler! I can feel baby kicking (luckily) and they actually felt it while trying to find it so it didn't worry me but it just shows you it can be really hard until baby is bigger. I had to ask them to stop because it was starting to hurt my tummy.

Wishing you all the very best for your scan lovely, I hope it puts your mind totally at ease :)

I'm 26 weeks now and my midwife still won't listen! I got an NHS leaflet saying babies heartbeat isn't easy to trace until 28 weeks, so that's when they'll start checking! I went to the maternity assessment centre at 16 weeks with stomach pain and they refused to listen. Said it was too soon and they probably wouldn't find the HB and they'd only worry me! So I wouldn't worry, I know the medical professionals are not always right, but there will be a lot of research backing their stance on listening in to the HB early on. I think these forums make it sound like everyone has a Doppler and hears the HB at 8 weeks etc. but I don't actually know anyone in real life that has one! Forums draw in worriers :) Your scan will be here before you know it and hopefully put your mind at rest!

Thinking of you and sending positive vibes for your scan! :flower:

Thanks everyone. I think if I'd known the doppler would cause me stress I wouldn't have got one this time, but it was so lovely having it with my son, and going to my 12w scan safe in the knowledge that baby's heart was beating away, it didn't occur to me that this would happen this time round. Dopplers are brilliant WHEN they work out!
To melissaelaine, thank you my appointment was ok! It was just a midwife booking in appointment, so no checking on baby. Just blood tests, blood pressure and a million forms and questions (is the baby's father a blood relation of yours was a personal highlight haha)

Some of those questions are crazy! I can't see how many years you were in education is relevant!

Anyway I just wanted to say I didn't find my 2nd daughters hb til 11 weeks, I think id been trying since about 9 weeks with her til I got it. I didn't have my Doppler til later in the pregnancy with dd1. This one was a couple of weeks earlier but sometimes he (or she! Lol) is quite hard to find and I briefly hear it til he's wriggled off again!

Thank you ladies! Scan is tomorrow. I'm extra nervous about it now, since I found out MIL opened her f***ing mouth to EVERYONE on DH's side of the family. I've been absolutely fuming, I can't even talk to her right now. So that's made me even more worried about the outcome of tomorrow, I've stopped trying with the doppler because all it was doing was upsetting me.

Cheers to Mils!!!!!
Hang in there, I know you are going through a hard time but you will know tomorrow and then you can finally relax a bit, even if its only for a few days. I have a good feeling about your pg esp. because you saw a heartbeat and i wish you good luck for tomorrow scan. Xx

I had another try with the Doppler and nothing :nope:

I had another try with the Doppler and nothing :nope:

Don't worry about the Doppler! I have a posterior placenta (in the back so no excuse haha), and wasn't able to find a heartbeat until 14 weeks. And I tried every single day at least once haha. All the sudden it just started picking it up, and I have gotten it almost everyday since (I'm 23 weeks now).

Thanks Stacip...so glad I booked the scan because not being able to find it till 14 weeks would have driven me absolutely crazy... I can't even wait till my NHS scan which is at 12+5...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->