trying ivf again (March)

B

boobear2872

Last month we ended up with one egg so ivf was cancelled. New medication protocol, seems like its working and fast as I just started my meds last Thursday. Already I have six follicles, three looking very good. My re said if all goes well we may start as early as Friday, but latest monday. Im soooo nervous. I hope this works. I seriously do not want to do another cycle of these horrific meds....im going to cross all my fingers and toes...good luck ladies...so I "may" have march ivf...

Kind of sad that in my two post nobody responded. This process makes u feel so alone. That is why I came back here. Anyway, today they decide what day they get the eggs. So im crossing my fingers very nrrvous that this will happen. I dont think ill be ok if they tell me not happening again.

I don't think you should get upset that nobody replied to your original message. I've had several threads that I've got no/few responses to, sometimes they just get over-looked.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say that often first attempts are almost a 'trial run', since doctors aren't sure how you'll react to meds etc., but it sounds like you're in a much better place this time around :thumbup: On my first attempt, I had 4 follicles and they managed to retrieve 3 eggs. On my second, I had almost 20 follicles and they managed to retrieve 12 eggs, 10 of which fertilised. I'm now 21 weeks pregnant with a baby boy so keep positive :) x

Thank you HIS PRINCESS. I went back today and two out of six didnt grow. He said e everything else seems good but I go back Sunday to decide if we try on monday or Tuesday. Seeing what you went through is now making me nervous with my only 4follicals. Congrats btw. I hope I get the chance to get. as far as you. May I ask what meds you used to get that far? Im on menapur, braville estrogen patches and now this other stuff I get tomorrow. My stomach is swollen and hurts, but he says so far its ok.

I only had 4 follicles first time around and I still managed to fall pregnant. Unfortunately, I did miscarry but that wasn't anything to do with the few eggs I had. I took Buserelin, Gonal F, and then triggered with Ovitrelle. My clinic also prescribed Crinone progesterone gel, which I had to take from the day of egg collection until 12 weeks into my pregnancy.

Good luck! X

I start something called ganerex tonight and I think sunday or monday I do the same trigger as u did. I also start like u did, progesterone I insert and a injectable projesterone because my progesterone doesnt rise on its own. Did u have any bad side effects.I had really bad emotional swings the first time. This time im very bloated and iy hurts where its bloated. I really. Was hoping to somehow skip all that...lol guess not.

I did suffer with bloat but I can't recall having mood swings with meds. I guess it really varies from person to person though x

I go in 730tomrrow morning. Im so bloated it hurts to breath. They decide if there doing it at all along with monday or tuesday. Im so nervous.... ur right. It depends on the person. The dic told me some people dont have any symptoms. Right now I wish that was me. Feeling pregnant when I know im not.
Btw, may I ask when ur due....?

Also, how on earth did u get a picture on the upper left corner and all those pretty ticker things on the bottom. I looked around but im clueless. :/

Omg, I meant doc not dic..lol

Im sooo sad, im back from RE, my four follies shrunk today. I had a feeling they should have done it yesterday but he was atimate to do it on tuesday. Now this is a second month all those meds I took and all the money cause I. Paying out of pocket is a no go:(. I feel like an utter failure as welll :(.he said that my left tube is not 100percent blocked. So depending on my hormones this afternoon. He may trigger me then do iui tomorrow. But warned me with my history it really a shot in the dark. We have one more try after this. We where told we really need donrr eggsbut my oh refuses. I so want a chance to have a baby with him , I wish he would agree. The doc said I would have a 50- 75percent to get pregant, compared to measly 2-5 %:(..im grieving the ivf righf now. How do people do this 7or more times :(?..sorry for writting a book ...

Im sooo sad, im back from RE, my four follies shrunk today. I had a feeling they should have done it yesterday but he was atimate to do it on tuesday. Now this is a second month all those meds I took and all the money cause I. Paying out of pocket is a no go:(. I feel like an utter failure as welll :(.he said that my left tube is not 100percent blocked. So depending on my hormones this afternoon. He may trigger me then do iui tomorrow. But warned me with my history it really a shot in the dark. We have one more try after this. We where told we really need donrr eggsbut my oh refuses. I so want a chance to have a baby with him , I wish he would agree. The doc said I would have a 50- 75percent to get pregant, compared to measly 2-5 %:(..im grieving the ivf righf now. How do people do this 7or more times :(?..sorry for writting a book ...

I just came across this thread, and I am so sorry to hear your news. I am not at IVF but just failed my second IUI. This is such a tough (expensive!) road. I told my sister yesterday that I just never thought this would be happening to me... caught me completely off guard. Other then support and understanding on here... I know no body who has had these issues.. All my friends just happen to get pregnant fine. So frustrating. Sending hugs your way I know you will be having a hard week this week.

I just came across this thread, and I am so sorry to hear your news. I am not at IVF but just failed my second IUI. This is such a tough (expensive!) road. I told my sister yesterday that I just never thought this would be happening to me... caught me completely off guard. Other then support and understanding on here... I know no body who has had these issues.. All my friends just happen to get pregnant fine. So frustrating. Sending hugs your way I know you will be having a hard week this week.

Thank you so much, its been really hard day and night, coming on to support really does help though. Im so very sorry for ur failed iui's. You know we are the only country in the world that makes such a huge profit over people want, grief and saddness. Most all other counties help there people out with fertility. We decided to do trigger and go for iui on Tuesday. Im hoping there is someone above looking out for me with this, because I could really use the help. So , so far nearly then thousand dollars for nothing. We didnt make it to ivf...it sucks that they still suck u dry, even if u dont get to do it. I hope at some point there is laws to protect us with thst that, as if u dont get the procedure. Why pay for it. ?.
Anyway hun, do u know whats next for you?...I hope u figure something out. Did I say thank you again for the support? It really meant so much, lots of hugs to you back .

I know, I can't believe there is no help. I know of compassionate care that will give you a discount on your medicine based on income. Thats it though for the U.S. I can't believe they make you pay for the full 10,000 if it doesn't work. My doc if IVF is unsuccessful you get half your money back, but have to have all the money up front, which is crazy too. How many surgeries ect, do you have to pay in full up front? Why can't they let you make payments like medical bills? That is the rip off. I am 27 years old. No children. Unexplained fertility. We will be doing our last IUI this coming month. After 3 of them there isn't much success. We will be holding off IVF. I have applied for an egg donor sharing. And Started adoption application, to be placed on a list. If we have not had a child in some way by the time I am 29, we will pay 10,000 for IVF. We have been trying since I was 24... A long frustrating journey and I feel like I am wasting my 20's away... and been doing this for 1/2 my marriage... don't even remember what a normal marriage looks like without trying to start a family... what a tole this takes on us. Sorry for the rambling. Just know I understand : )

Yes, big toll. I dont remember what marriage is like without this either. Yup over 10,000up front for three tries. Im not. sure about half back. I need to see about that.
Egg sharing. I heard of that, just not really sure what it is ?

Wow 3 tries! Mine is just for 1! Egg sharing....I produce good eggs just can't get pregnant. I am paired with someone who needs donor eggs. They pay me for my eggs. Which covers my ivf. I get to keep half the eggs I make and do my own ivf for around 1000. They get the other half eggs and do their own ivf with them

Wow that is neat..something to look into if my OHwould consider it

Hi everybody I'm new to this page. I'm 32 years old. Im on my 4th ivf. I am doing my next transfer March 24.

Hi everybody I'm new to this page. I'm 32 years old. Im on my 4th ivf. I am doing my next transfer March 24.

Hi mumisabella. Ill be praying for you. My eggs shrunk so we could only do iui not ivf this month...nice to have another person who just gets it. Everyone here is so nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->