Trying Maca next cycle :) some info if anyone's interested also good for males/PCOS

Missbx

Reaction score
I'm going to try and take maca next cycle :) I've copied and pasted some info on it it's also good for males to help there sperm count and motility etc .

Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome? Try these herbs for PCOS to help you get pregnant.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, or PCOS, is a huge cause of fertility problems in women. It can be a horrible problem for some women, causing obesity, polycystic ovaries, and absent or irregular cycles. You can see the problems it could potentially cause for women who are trying to get pregnant. Women with PCOS can have a horrible time trying to conceive and can even be plagued with recurrent miscarriages. Today we are going to explore herbs that can be used to naturally help PCOS and it’s symptoms.

Omega blend
Omega Blend can help with weight loss, and also to balance your hormones. Omega Blend helps to create a good environment for conception all the way around. Supplementation with Omega-3 fatty acids can improve androgen levels and decrease insulin resistance, effective tools for women battling PCOS. Omegas can be found in cold-water fish and may be eating 2-3 times per week, but fish oil supplements can also boost your Omega intake.

Maca
Maca is great for balancing the amount of estrogen and progesterone in the body. This helps to give you a healthy menstrual cycle. Sometimes Maca is called a fertility “superfood,” which makes it a super popular choice for women who are having trouble conceiving. Maca doesn’t contain any hormones, but it just helps to balance out hormones that are already in the body.

Vitex
Vitex is an effective herb, long popular to treat reproductive and hormonal imbalances in women. It is a good herb for PCOS because it both stimulates and stabilizes the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland is what controls the release of LH hormone. It is important however, not to take Vitex if you are undergoing any IVF treatment or are on contraceptive pills.

Tribulus
Tribulus is awesome because it has been shown to normalize ovulation in infertile women when it is used prior to ovulation. It can help regulate the timing of the menstrual cycle, which can be a blessing to women suffering from PCOS. It can really help the entire female reproductive system as a whole.

Cinnamon
Yes, cinnamon! It can be used to reduce insulin resistance, sometimes at a great rate. It can also slow the breakdown of carbs in the body. These are both great things for women with PCOS.

Saw Palmetto
Saw Palmetto stops the production of and helps break down DHT. It has also been shown to be effective in leveling off excess estrogen levels, a common problem in women with PCOS. In turn, this can help you to lose weight, increase libido, and regulate hormones.

White Peony
White Peony can help regulate estrogen levels, reduce excess testosterone, and positively influence excess progesterone.
These are some of the most popular herbs that people take for PCOS. It is important to always speak with your doctor before beginning to take any herbs to see how they will affect your body. If you are taking other medications, herbs and other supplements can have an adverse affect on these medications, so you want to always speak with a health care professional before beginning to take them.

As you can see from all the actions maca can have on the body, it is a wonderful fertility superfood and tonic. Maca can complement any fertility program and should be used on a daily basis for best results. It can also be used in conjunction with other fertility herbs and supplements.

For Men
Supports normal sexual function
In a human study of 9 men who were given gelatinized maca for 4 months at 1,500 – 3,000 mg a day experienced an increase in libido, sperm count, mobillity of sperm, increased DHEA levels, decreased anxiety and stress, lowered blood pressure, balanced iron levels and an increase in adrenal androgens.

Here's some links
https://www.conceiveeasy.com/get-pregnant/herbs-for-pcos/
https://natural-fertility-info.com/maca

Hmmmm, I might try dh on maca :) im planning on sending him for another SA after ive ovulated. He's currently taking Wellman Conception and 2000mg vit c so if there's not much improvement it may be worth a shot x

I tried Maca and it made me feel absolutely wired. I was taking half of the dose recommended. I thought it was awful stuff and stopped taking it after two weeks. Don't believe everything you read on the internet!

I've also read that it can be bad for some PCOSers to take Vitex. This is because Vitex stimulates the production of LH. Some PCOSers have constantly elevated LH so Vitex is not going to improve their problem. Be sure to have your LH checked first!

IMO, the best thing if you have IR is exercise. Unlike the others, the positive effects of exercise on IR are properly documented in the scientific/medical literature. It's like free Metformin ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->