Trying not to but freaking out!!

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
According to dates I would be 9+3 today but at my scan last Friday baby was measuring 5 days behind so I'm 8+6 today. Since Sunday I have felt perfectly fine. Previous to this my boobs were a little sore and I was feeling quite queasy throughout the day especially after my morning coffee and if I didn't eat little and often. But this has all gone since Sunday. I just bought a cheapie £1 test from asda, never used them before. I was bursting for the loo and hadn't drank much all day so my urine isn't diluted but this is the test line. It's really faint compared to the first test I ever did 8 weeks ago. Reassurance needed ladies. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 38
This is the test I used. https://groceries.asda.com/product/...-pregnancy-test-midstream-1-pack/910001291948

Probably just a cheap test, it's still a bfp so I wouldn't think too much of it. gl

A few things could have happened... First off - your hCG peeks and tapers between 8 and 10 weeks. So your hCG could have peeked already. Secondly, you can be experiencing "the hook effect" when there's so much hCG in your system that it overwhelms the test. I've seen ladies here dilute their urine and get darker lines. Lastly, if your hCG was dropping it would be triggering signs of miscarriage. Soooo.... at somewhere between 8+6 and 9+3, step away from the tests. They will just drive you crazy!

A few things could have happened... First off - your hCG peeks and tapers between 8 and 10 weeks. So your hCG could have peeked already. Secondly, you can be experiencing "the hook effect" when there's so much hCG in your system that it overwhelms the test. I've seen ladies here dilute their urine and get darker lines. Lastly, if your hCG was dropping it would be triggering signs of miscarriage. Soooo.... at somewhere between 8+6 and 9+3, step away from the tests. They will just drive you crazy!

To be honest I don't know why I bought it. I guess I just wanted to see that line again since I'm not feeling pregnant at all. I certainly won't be doing any more anyway. After I posted this I did some googling and the 'hook effect' came up. I'm feeling reassured now anyway. What will be will be no point in worrying I guess. Thank you

Oh I feel like we always worry... From one ultrasound to the next and from one Doppler to another... We want everything to be alright... Unfortunately there's no magic test that tells you all is well unless you have an ultrasound machine with a tech sitting in your basement :)

Asda cheapies arent great for test lines! The dyes rubbish.. I wouldnt read too much into test lines hun, think when you hsve dating scans, they put your dates back & forward, with my son, i was 4 days ahead, my sister was put back 5 days, probs a late ovulation that cycle,

I'm not feeling pregnant at all but I'm starting to show/get the bloat. I was like this with my first. I thought it was just bloat but it never went down. People I haven't told are guna know soon!!! Don't worry Hun. Step away from the tests. Do you have your 12 week scan date yet? Xx

I say hook effect. If it makes you feel better, buy another cheap test and add water to your urine until it is about a 50/50 mixture, then test with that mixture. The line should be much darker. Then... step away from the tests! :haha:

I'm not feeling pregnant at all but I'm starting to show/get the bloat. I was like this with my first. I thought it was just bloat but it never went down. People I haven't told are guna know soon!!! Don't worry Hun. Step away from the tests. Do you have your 12 week scan date yet? Xx

No not booked yet. I can't get in to see the midwife for my booking appointment until next Thursday. I'll be almost 10 weeks by baby's measurements. Almost 11 by dates. I wish I was 12 weeks already lol x

I say hook effect. If it makes you feel better, buy another cheap test and add water to your urine until it is about a 50/50 mixture, then test with that mixture. The line should be much darker. Then... step away from the tests! :haha:

I won't be doing anymore tests :) I can't even explain why I did that one. I have tested since I first found out so why I bought that test today I'll never know. Strange he things our body and mind makes us do :)

I measured a whole week behind and I started freaking out. But I'm 12 weeks now and can't wait to be in my 2nd trimester next week. Also after so many weeks hcg doesn't register as well on hpts. I don't know why but they tend to get lighter.

Like the other ladies said, the hook effect! This happened to me last pregnancy and I was earlier than you are now. So, don't ever test so late.

Secondly, the placenta takes over at around 9 weeks, and it extremely common for symptoms to taper off as this occurs.

Thirdly, I was put 5 days back with my last pregnancy, and I have a healthy baby girl!

Try not to stress. And step away from Google, and the tests :flower:

I know how you feel!! I haven't even got a midwife appointment through yet. Feel like my scan will be at like 20 weeks haha xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->