Trying not to worry in the first trimester!

lamplighter

Reaction score
I know, easier said than done, but we all know it's ultimately not helpful to our babies to drive ourselves crazy with first trimester worries. I've been seeing so many worried mamas on this board and having been a master worrier over the last month, I thought I'd share some positive experiences.

I had a heavy bleed that landed me in the ER with no doubt in my mind I'd lost my baby, but everything was FINE.

I spotted brown for a whole week from 8 to 9 weeks pregnant, and again, on ultrasound a few days later, the baby was wiggling happily with a strong heartbeat.

I get aches, cramps, and sharp pains DAILY. None of them have meant anything serious or bad.

I have felt every day for the last three weeks that I cannot LIVE with how terrible my nausea has been, and yet at 9 & a half weeks, I am starting to feel okay, making it to work again, and relaxing a lot more. Sometimes I have sharp pains, cramps, and spots of brown, and I am learning that the best thing I can do is breathe, smile, and believe that it will pass.

And so far, it ALWAYS has.

Don't assume the worst! Fingers crossed for all of us!!! :)

I agree lamplighter - we all need to chill out a bit I think, but its sooo damn hard!!! We all need your PMA!!

Ive had the cramps, sharp twinges and aches and now Im not getting them Im worried!!! :dohh:

My midwife gave me the best advice at my 7 week appointment. She said that whatever your body is doing, thats right for you- dont compare yourself to anyone else because everyones different! Bloody good advice I think!!

I've convinced myself twice already (!) to prepare for the worst, that each scan I've had would show that I'd lost the baby and each time there was NOTHING to worry about. I think I've started to learn my lesson, and am finally learning to take the little roadbumps that come with being pregnant in stride.

To be fair, you'll see a lot more worried posts on a forum because "Hey all, not the least bit worried today, everything is still going smoothly" threads aren't usually posted. :)
The nice thing is that when we do get worried, others are there to tell us we're being silly or give us support.
PMA for everyone and try and relax and trust that your bean(s) are all doing just what they should!! :thumbup:

Well, to add to your PMA...

I've had bleeding twice (at 8 weeks and at 13 weeks) have had bad cramps on and off, stabbing pains in the cervix, stabbing pains in boobs, stabbing pains in belly... all kinds. Every worrying symptom you can think of, I've had it.

I have a very happy, healthy and wiggly baby growing nicely. :D

Loving the PMA ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"