Trying not to worry. What would you do?

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
I found babies heartbeat at 9+4, tried for a week and didn't find it again till 10+5 now I'm 11+5, I've been trying to find it for the last 3 days but haven't been successful. I've tried with a full and empty bladder, different positions, after eating etc. Nothing!! I tried last night for an hour and gave up. I know baby is small right now but it's annoying me that I'm struggling to find it. Ive also been having cramps and some sharp shooting pains for about a week now, I also had a small bit of spotting for one day last week but found the heartbeat after that happened so wasn't to concerned. The pains don't seem to be going away though. They are happening daily. Again I know that cramps are normal but they they come out of the blue and don't last very long.
My other half wants to book a private scan but we can't really afford it right now and my 12 week scan isn't for another 2 weeks. I'm terrified that I've miscarried but my body hasn't realised. Shall I ring EPU? I don't want to call them and say I can't find the heartbeat cause they will just think I'm being silly but I don't think they will see me if I say I'm having a few pains daily. I've got a really strong gut feeling something is wrong. :(

Am I being silly??

In all my pregnancies I've never owned a baby heart monitor for this very reason ... I would be a totally wreck xxx I don't think your being silly at all I would be naturally worried but like you said baby is tiny and has lots of room still to wriggle around ;) xxx if I were you I would book an early scan just purely for reassurance but I bet baby is absolutely fine xxxxxx

I know that baby moves a LOT during that stage, so try not to worry...

BUT, I think, for your own peace of mind, call your midwife or make a midwife appointment and say that you are worried.

No point being worried for the next two weeks!

In all my pregnancies I've never owned a baby heart monitor for this very reason ... I would be a totally wreck xxx I don't think your being silly at all I would be naturally worried but like you said baby is tiny and has lots of room still to wriggle around ;) xxx if I were you I would book an early scan just purely for reassurance but I bet baby is absolutely fine xxxxxx

Thank you Hun. I used the Doppler with my first pregnancy and it gave me so much reasurrance but I didn't use it this early so never struggled to find the heartbeat. I'm more concerned about the pains I'm having that not finding the heartbeat, although after trying for an hour I would of thought I'd of heard something. Early scans are so expensive, I had so many with my daughter I promised myself I wouldn't do it this time round. I seriously might have to though just to put my mind at rest. Thank you. Xx

I know that baby moves a LOT during that stage, so try not to worry...

BUT, I think, for your own peace of mind, call your midwife or make a midwife appointment and say that you are worried.

No point being worried for the next two weeks!

I never even thought about my midwife, thank you for reminding me that she is there. With my first I never used my midwife cause we didn't really get along so I keep forgetting this time round that I have one I can contact. Thank you. Xx

Hi for me I've always used a doppler... but find now baby has moved up more rather than being so low... also I pop a pillow under my bum which helps too.. I would speak with the epu as it's worry on yourself and tell them you have had cramps and a little spotting... they don't like to hear we listen in I told my mw and she was like we'll we don't until 16 weeks as it's too hard... but I always have also lots of gel... try and relax I'm sure everything is OK xxx

Id get the private scan for piece of mind. Your baby can move around in the sac now which makes finding it harder. I swear they move away from the Doppler. I hear my baby but one second it's left then next right.

I've done this to myself over and over again. With my current baby, my placenta attached near the bottom of my uterus, so it blocked the baby very easily. I couldn't find my baby every time until about 26 weeks along, when it started moving up. I had a normally-attached placenta with my first baby, and he still HID throughout the pregnancy and was so difficult to find. During labor, 2 of my 3 kids needed probes attached to the top of their heads to record their heart rates because they would hide from the monitors at term!

So I wouldn't worry at all about baby hiding this early on. It happens - frequently. They're such little trouble makers!!!!!

I've done this to myself over and over again. With my current baby, my placenta attached near the bottom of my uterus, so it blocked the baby very easily. I couldn't find my baby every time until about 26 weeks along, when it started moving up. I had a normally-attached placenta with my first baby, and he still HID throughout the pregnancy and was so difficult to find. During labor, 2 of my 3 kids needed probes attached to the top of their heads to record their heart rates because they would hide from the monitors at term!

So I wouldn't worry at all about baby hiding this early on. It happens - frequently. They're such little trouble makers!!!!!

It was the same with my first cause my placenta was at the front. My baby had to have a probe attached to her head during labour too. I don't know where my placenta is this time even though I've had a scan at 8 weeks. I guess I need to stop worrying and what will be will be. Thanks

I ordered my Doppler when I was 12+2 after I had a spotting incident after having a spotting incident. It arrived at 12+6 and I had trouble finding the heartbeat for a little while. Last several days have been easier but the baby is bigger now. I agree with what everyone else is saying - the baby hides all the time. I can catch the heartbeat for a few seconds and then it moves away. Even at the 12 week scan the tech could only catch if for a few seconds at a time as we were watching the baby do somersaults. She couldn't even print any good pictures for us because the baby was just dancing away.

I'm sure the LO is fine and just actively hiding, already being a handful. Having said that, I would be going crazy if I spent a week worrying about not being able to find the heartbeat - honestly part of the reason I didn't order the Doppler until after 12 weeks...

I would call EPU and your mid-wife. If you can at all splurge for the scan then do it. The less stressed you are - the better for you and the baby.

I ordered my Doppler when I was 12+2 after I had a spotting incident after having a spotting incident. It arrived at 12+6 and I had trouble finding the heartbeat for a little while. Last several days have been easier but the baby is bigger now. I agree with what everyone else is saying - the baby hides all the time. I can catch the heartbeat for a few seconds and then it moves away. Even at the 12 week scan the tech could only catch if for a few seconds at a time as we were watching the baby do somersaults. She couldn't even print any good pictures for us because the baby was just dancing away.

I'm sure the LO is fine and just actively hiding, already being a handful. Having said that, I would be going crazy if I spent a week worrying about not being able to find the heartbeat - honestly part of the reason I didn't order the Doppler until after 12 weeks...

I would call EPU and your mid-wife. If you can at all splurge for the scan then do it. The less stressed you are - the better for you and the baby.

I had the Doppler with my daughter so I already had it. I tried at 9+4 just to see if I could, I tried again at 10+5 cause I had a little bleed and I've been trying for the last week cause of the pains I've been having. I tried twice today with no luck at all :( I've ran out of gel now so won't be trying to my new stuff is delivered next week sometime.
I am hoping to be able to relax enough and put it to the back of my mind so I don't have to pay for a scan. There's only one private clinic we would use and they charge £75 right now I just haven't got that money spare. I meant to call my midwife today but ended falling asleep for a few hours with my daughter this afternoon. I'm going to try and hold out for another 2 weeks. I keep telling myself what will be will be. Xx

Well after squeezing the smallest amount of gel out the bottle I found my little bean instantly, the heartbeat was quiet cause it was jumping around all over the place lol. Still I heard the little bean :). Feeling reasurred now :) thank you ladies. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->