Trying really hard to be a yummy mummy.....

kirstylm

Reaction score
Anyone else trying to avoid the temptation of looking like an exhausted pregnant lady?!

I'm trying to avoid the baggy jumpers, greasy hair and no make up look!

Had flu so hasn't worked latetly but I really want people to think I'm coping really well and 'blooming' if there such a thing?!

But it sooooo hard with hair growing under my arms at the rate of a fast car and greasy hair and the constant feeling of bloat!!! Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!

Any tips?

oh yes im right with you...
I have totally let myself go lol... I am litterelly layingaround in a dressing gown every day. At one time i'd be in nice clothes and a face full of makeup.. now im like "blah, sod it" as for greasy hair lol.... what can I say, you could fry chips in mine...
I now noticed some more spots too.. its revolting

I got a pedicure yesterday! It doesn't help with greasy hair or other pregnancy blessings but it sure felt nice and made me feel better!! :)

pregnancy is disgusting, and i'm not even very far along yet... :growlmad:

I've just had my hair cut and highlighted, it made me feel so much better about myself considering I'm starting to look like a weeble..when will the weight gain and eating end..

I would never normally be seen without make up but these last few weeks, Ive felt awful and really couldnt be bothered with it all. Ive even stopped washing my hair as often as I did!

I am trying to still look nice though when I go out of the house, ive treated myself to a new coat and new clothes etc...and am still colouring my hair. I think once I feel half normal again, I will make more of an effort...

I must look really bad as a shop assistant thought I was my friend's mum when we went shopping on Thursday - I am about 9 years older than her but I am only 34! God knows what I will look like at the end of the pregnancy :( x

there's nothing yummy about this mummy! im just a burping, tharting, puking machine.

Once the vomiting subsides, my OH is treating me with the works...facial, hair, nails. Can hardly wait. It will be nice to feel like a lady again!!

i think im coping pretty well as have gone for the long jumpers/tops with tights and different pairs of uggs or legging and seems to be working but then hits 6/7 am into my jim jams !!!! lol x

there's nothing yummy about this mummy! im just a burping, tharting, puking machine.

Once the vomiting subsides, my OH is treating me with the works...facial, hair, nails. Can hardly wait. It will be nice to feel like a lady again!!

Ahhh that's nice of him!! Enjoy it :thumbup:

I've gotta say I never expected pregnancy to be so horrid, I'm only 7 weeks and sick of feeling this crappy already and I don't even have M/S! Just absolutely exhausted, no energy or motivation, don't wanna see people or do anything other than sit in my pjs in front of the telly. Hair is greasy, face is spotty and my body is a sickly, shitty mess!

Can't wait for the blooming stage- have sworn to myself i'm gonna get my hair cut and dyed after 12 weeks in an effort to perk myself up :coffee:

i dont want to get fat and gross :hissy:
i'm already puking all the time and thats bad enough

I'm only 4 and a half weeks at the moment so I shouldn't really feel any different but I am just SO exhausted all the time and feel really fat with bloat. At least I hope it's bloat! :shrug:

I've looked like a waterlogged corpse for the past two months. It is getting better though. I don't wear makeup usually but I've been putting on a bit of blusher just so I don't look like I'm dead.

I am feeling really crappy but still keeping up the make up and hair. Admitedly I had let the shaving and waxing go for a few weeks... well it it winter, I'm all covered up, but this morning I couldn't stand it any longer, locked myself in the bathroom for an hour and sorted myself out. I always feel worse if I don't bother with make up etc.

I give into puting my jammies on super early every night, no way I'm being uncomfy at home!!!

Well, I'm not doing too bad except for the burping, bloatting and nausea sensation.
My clothes still fit, although I do find things like tights or tight leggings bother me around the belly. But I make the effort to put a light coloured eye liner on in the morning and curl my eyelashes, maybe put some foam in my hair or a pony tail with the top part done up in hair pins. Quick and easy but otherwise I'd look a mess. I confess I turn to foam when my hair looks greasy the day after washing it!!! I'm also going to try and wear my nice clothes before they don't fit any longer... Then I'll just live in leggings and long tops which I already have as I like to hide the bulge... Take it easy ladies!!!

i didnt know you could dye your hair! Thats great news! i am only 23 but due to mother and grandmothers genes i have started to go grey already, hair dye is my saviour. Wonder why i thought you couldnt ???

Well it is summer here so I have managed to get some really nice comfy dresses and I feel nice in them.
I wash my hair every morning and I got it cut into layers so it sits alot nicer now. I have never been one to wear makeup so am not starting now.
I use a gentle face scrub and moisturiser on my face daily and a quick touch up with the razor daily (couple of days) keeps the hair away.
I already have 3 kids so I don't have the luxury to just get in the daggy clothes and park my butt on the lounge, I have to be going all day so I try to make MYSELF feel good by at least looking reasonable.

I was the same in first tri and I wasn't even working.. I've recently gone back to full time work and I feel great (and have full makeup and hair done everyday!) The rumors are true, it gets SO much better in second tri :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->