Trying to conceive #2, hoping girl!

pinkwisher

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here, just looking for some conception tips, help and support.

I am 22, working mom. I’m married to a wonderful man!

I have a son who is nearly 2 who is not my husband’s biological son. He treats him as such, however, and his bio dad is not much of a dad to him.

Recently, my husband and I decided to begin trying for our first child together. We are both really hoping for a girl- any tips? I looked it up, and it seems like the best tip is to have sex 3-4 days before ovulation and avoid orgasm…. Anything else anyone here would recommend?

Additionally, I was seeking people’s experiences regarding conceiving after birth control. I quit my birth control mid-May. I’ve kind of had my eye on a February due date (no third trimester in summer- that was miserable- son was born late August). But it’s only recently my husband decided he wanted to try, and so only recently I quit, but I’d love to conceive this month and have that February due date (though I know it’s not likely). What have been your experiences conceiving after quitting daily hormonal birth control?
Thanks everyone!

I wanted to conceive this month but I've just had my af. My son was in fact a february baby and wanted the same for #2 but I new it wouldn't happen, took 3 years to conceive him. I'm not much help with cotrecpation as I haven't been on any for a very long time. Good luck x

Oh, well thank you so much!
Was a February due date good?
I just remember swelling up and being SO hot for my entire third trimester before.

It took almost a year for my son, though I wasn't really actively trying.

But now we are actively trying.... my husband is 33, and I'm 22, could that impact anything?

Hi,

Try genderdreaming for tips on TTC a Girl. They say the shettles method ...DTD 2-3 days before ovulation does not work, it didn't for me and I now have 2 boys( who I love to bits) it's more to do with diet and different ways on DTD!!!. Good luck xx

Hi! I'm just starting TTC#2, kind of hoping for a boy but will be just as happy with another girl :) we DTD before, during and after OV with my DD, so I guess some of early sperm could have reached the egg first - they say female sperm is slower but lives longer? Regarding the orgasm thing, I think I read that orgasming produces a substance that is more alkaline which benefits male sperm, and the contractions caused by orgasming can help the fast swimming but weaker male sperm get closer to the egg before they die? Xx

We're TTC #2 and hoping for a girl too. I think I'm cd11, we are bd every second day because I have no idea how long my cycle will be etc.
Tbh I just really want a term baby ths time! Our son was born at 29 weeks, which was a challenging start to parenthood.

:dust: and good luck to all

The one responsible for a gender selection is DH and also heard that if you already have two sons it's less probable that the next will be a girl... but since your are trying for your #2 you still have chance 50/50!! good luck hun!!! I used to have some gender preference, but now I only want to get preganant, no matter what it will be.....

Only thing I did differently conceiving my girl was that I used Preseed.

We have one of each currently but would really like baby number 3 to be a girl. I've read about DTD 3 days before ovulation (not easy when my cycles vary from 30-60 days and I have noooo idea when I'm going to ovulate). I've also read that cosuming more dairy and chocolate (yay!) can help too.

Interested to see if anyone knows of any other methods?

:)

XxX:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back