trying to conceive after having implant

carly j

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to this site i've a little boy who's 14 months old and me and my partner are wanting to try to for another baby!
I had the implant out just a week ago after having it in for just over a year! i bled for about a month just before i had the implant out i only had one months bleeding while having implant in due to breastfeeding! I have started bleeding quite heavily since having the implant out and am really confused as is this normal?

I am in the exact situation as yourself, I had the implant taken out a couple of weeks ago.

apparently, my doctor said that as soon as you have it taken out your body should go back to normal. I have had several bleeds since having it out but I do think that is to do with having it taken out.

If it is heavy and has been going on for a while there is no harm in going to see your doctor for advice.

Good luck

Hi there, I had my implant taken out in April this year after having it in 4 nearly 3 years.

I never had any bleeds with the implant in, after having it taken out the first 2 bleeds were heavy but now there regular although it has taken my body time to adjust and yesterday was my first positive on the OPK test:happydance:

I nearly forgot what it was like to have periods again with the swollen breasts and moods.

Just give your body time to adjust and good luck

:hug:

I had mine out in the summer & am not having normal cycles yet.
I think I might need a good few full cycles to stand a chance of conceiving & it actually sticking.

If you are bleeding a lot I'd go see you GP, just in case they can do something for you, hope you are ok :)

Hi, i'm new to this site i've a little boy who's 14 months old and me and my partner are wanting to try to for another baby!
I had the implant out just a week ago after having it in for just over a year! i bled for about a month just before i had the implant out i only had one months bleeding while having implant in due to breastfeeding! I have started bleeding quite heavily since having the implant out and am really confused as is this normal?

I had mine out 12th aug bled heavy from 14th until 18th then again 5th sept then spotting for 8 days on 19th sept got my :bfp: 8th october ....My implant was in 16 months hope this helps and give some reasurance xxx

I used ovulation sticks for first time in sept so maybe if they are all over u cud get cheapys off ebay and then test daily until u get pos for ovulation ....this is what i did as i wasnt sure i was ovulating xxx

Congrats Serina,:bfp:
Thats put my mind at rest and a smile on my face.
Was a little concerned that it would take a while after having the implant taken out to conceive.

Thanks your messages have given me some reassurance i hope my body returns to normal soon i think the bleeding must just be from having the implant out! Hopefully it'll settle down soon
Congraulations Serina!! Yeah i think i might give the ovulation sticks a try it is confusing not knowing whats happening

I had the implant out in july, I had really bad periods whilst I had it, had a bled two weeks after and have had normal cycles since, no BFP yet though!

Hi, Was wandering do you think i should wait for my periods to become more regular and back to normal or to just start trying right away

Thinking bout using the ovulation sticks but they seem so expensive are the cheaper ones just as good as the more expensive brand ones?

Hi carly

It maybe a good idea to use OPK's to see if your body is getting back to normal.
I started using them this month for the first time as I was sure that I was ovulating.

I bought cheap ones from pound store and thought they didnt work as I wasnt getting anything on them until I got a very dark line on Sunday:happydance:

It's just put my mind at rest that my body is getting back to normal or as near as, I dont think I will ever be normal:rofl:

Good Luck

Sxx

Thanks kksarah hope you get a:bfp:soon :hug:

Is it possible to conceive almost straight away after having the implant out?

The bleeding i had after having my implant out lasted from thursday the day after i had my implant out til Monday it was fairly heavy

I used cheapys of ebay ....My cycles wasnt normal when I got my bfp hence why i used the ovulation sticks to see if i was ovulating ....I had cycles from 14~19 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->