Trying to conceive but need help

trying1794

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am trying to conceive my first baby! So here is my story. I was on birth control and have stopped taking it for close to 3-4 weeks now. I have unprotected sex ALL THE TIME. Since I've stopped my Birth control I wasn't exactly sure when my period would be due if I even got one. Well 2 weeks ago I started getting constipated, and had very bad cramping for weeks (which isn't normal for me when im about to come on my period. usually only starts a week or less before) I feel very out of breath even walking up three stairs, and my heart just pounds.

Also I am on the following medications: Latuda, clonazepam, seroquil, Zoloft, lorazapam (sometimes). Do these medications affect how I can or can't conceive. Should I stop in order to conceive if this is the reason?
Like I said, I have stopped taking my Birth control for 3-4 weeks now, and I have unprotected sex.... how am I not pregnant yet??

Please Help!

Oh and I started spotting brown on Wednesday, and then it turned into dark red (which I thought was my period, and yesterday it was very light and pink, today, I can't even say I'm on.... Spotting I guess, that's it though. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests in the last 2 weeks, is it still to early to tell perhaps?

Oh and I started spotting brown on Wednesday, and then it turned into dark red (which I thought was my period) and yesterday it was very light and pink, today, I can't even say I'm on.... Spotting I guess, that's it though. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests in the last 2 weeks, all negative. is it still to early to tell perhaps? My periods are usually pretty consistant with flow and everything.

There's only about a 1 in 5 to 1 in 3 chance of conceiving each cycle, depending on your age. By 6 months about 70% of ladies will have gotten pregnant. 85% by 1 year. Beyond that time frame you should be looking for help. If you're 35 or older, get help at 6 months, since your clock is ticking. So for now, you probably just didn't catch the first month.

You should discuss with your doctor how each of your medications will affect a pregnancy right away.

As the pp has said it usually takes a few months to conceive, you will only be fertile for a few days each month. It can also take time for your body to get back to normal after the hormones in your birth control pills have worn off. It may be that the spotting was your period, some ladies can be irregular for the first couple of months. You really need to talk to your doctor about your medication, if any of them affect fertility/ fetal development then they need to make a plan of how to switch to more ttc friendly alternatives. Please don't just stop taking them unless your doctor advises you to. Good luck with your ttc journey :)

It can take your body several months to regulate after stopping BCP. I HIGHLY recommend you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weshler, it will really walk you through this whole ttc journey and help you have realistic expectations of this process. Also, buy a basal body thermometer and start temping, this is the only way (besides ultrasound) to confirm that you have ovulated.

You should get connected with an OBGYN if you haven't already and go through your med list with him/her to discuss if there are any risks for a pregnancy. Don't trust internet strangers to tell you if your meds are safe or not.

Good luck with everything!

Please go and see your doctor to make sure you're OK to TTC while on those meds. Your doctor will know whether that's safe or not, especially if you're on a combination of medication.

I suggest recording as much as you can. Document when your periods are and if you're up for it, other things like your cervical mucus and temping.

It can take a few months once coming off the pill for things to go back to normal. It's unfortunately often not as easy as saying 'I'm having unprotected sex so I'll get pregnant straight away'. Even for healthy couples in their 20s it can take 12 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->