Trying to conceive for a year and feeling hopeless

ctina

Reaction score
I am 27 years old and have very regular periods. I have never been irregular. I am on a 28 day cycle. I have a son from a previous relationship who will be 6 years old in November. He was conceived while I was on birth control from one night. I am married now and have not been on birth control for 3 years. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a year now and every month I feel let down. We really want a baby to add to our family and my son prays for a baby brother or sister every night. We have been to the Dr's and I have been to acupuncture etc and everyone tells me there is nothing wrong with me and it will happen in time. I would love to believe that everyone is correct but I don't understand why it was so easy with my son and now that I am actually married and we desire a baby we cannot have one. I feel like giving up. I thought for sure I was pregnant this month and I started spotting yesterday which is 3 days early before my period was due which is very odd for my body. I am never early or late. I can think of one time in a year where I was a day early. It started off light spotting and today when I go to the bathroom I have drops of blood so I am assuming I started my period. Does anyone have any advise for someone who is feeling completely hopeless and is ready to give up??? :cry:

Didnt want to read and run. Ive no advice, I`ve been TTC No 2 for 8 months now and I know how disappointing every month when the witch arrives how hard it can be. Good luck and hugs x

I have been TTC #3 for a year now, my cycles are shorter around 25 days but regular so I'm actually on like cycle #15 or somewhere around there...I stopped keeping track honestly. My Fiancee has had a SA which was normal. We saw a RE in June and my bloodwork was normal and I just recently had an HSG which came back as normal also. I haven't been back yet for a follow up but I understand your frustration. It's hard when my first 2 were easy and now it seems nothing has changed but obviously something in the plumbing isn't working right.

I will pray that you get pregnant soon! Baby dust to both of you!! Keep us posted on any BFP :)

I have been ttc #3 for almost a year and a half now. My DS is 3 1/2, DD is 2 very soon. It's depressing as both by babies came with help. Clomid iui.
I figured we'd wait it out and it's happen eventually as there is nothing wrong with me and hubby is okay just a tad low motility. Still hasn't happened so now I'm going in to ask for help again. It's so defeating especially when I am very aware of my cycle and know we are timing perfectly as well as covering all the bases. Something else much be causing our fertility issues, maybe CM issue? I dunno. I really just wanted one baby to happen au natural.
I know how frustrating it can be, and sorry you are going through this too, all I can say is be proactive with it, and stress is the enemy. It's so hard not to dwell though isn't it, especially when others around you seem to just fall pregnant accidentally etc.
Wishing you all the luck in the world ;)

That's what the frustrating part is when people tell you there is nothing wrong. I read somewhere that if you are having a issue with CM you can try Preseed. It mimics your bodies natural fertility fluids. You can also drink aloe Juice to help. Hopefully you find something that helps!!! Good luck to you!

I sympathize with you. This is my 17th cycle. I have 2 kids from a previous marriage also. I am beyond frustrated.

My husband has not been tested but is there anything they really can do? He's changed his diet no alcohol and minimum caffeine consumtion etc. We are both extremely healthy and at a healthy weight which is frustrating. A girl I work with has PSOS and she is on her second pregnancy and has a boy who just turned a year old. They weren't even trying and she does not even get periods. I don't get it!!!! I sympathize with wanting to share something so amazing with my husband. He does not know the feeling of such an amazing gift that we can receive and I hope that one day we can share it. I will pray for you!!!

Actually I think it is easier to treat a man with sperm issues that it is to treat a woman. We are having our sa Thursday.

Keep me posted!!! I would be curious as to what they can do! Ive never known anything you can do!

Keep me posted on the outcome. I am curious as to what they can do!!!

I will. Idk when we will get results, they will go to my obgyn and she will letcus know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->