Trying to conceive right after dropping the pill

amhare

Reaction score
I started a new pack of pills on the 9th of this month. I only took 3 pills out of the pack and we decided to try for another baby. I have currently been off of the pill since the 12th of this month and we have been trying almost every day. Yesterday the 16th I had a little spotting. I decided it might be implantation, but when I woke up this morning I had two fairly soaked spots..TMI I know sorry. I am so upset. Has anyone had this?

It could be your withdrawal bleed. You will usually get this after stopping taking the pill but I am not sure how far along in the pack you need to be to get this bleed. It could be as few as 3 so it's something to consider. This is not your normal period this is your withdrawal bleed so perhaps will be an idea to use opks or temp if you'd like to keep a closer track on your cycle this month to see where you are at. Even just a few pulls can throw your regular cycle off. It day 1 off the pill for me today do I am expecting my withdrawal in the next 3 to 4 days x

It will take a couple cycles to get back on track after stopping the pill. Once you stop, you will have a bleed. This is the hormones and things that are no longer in your body causing a "withdrawal bleed".

It may take a few cycles to get back to a normal schedule. I would start temping, so that you can get an idea of your cycle and if you are ovulating again.

It is HIGHLY doubtful.

Since this is a withdrawal bleed, you may or may not ovulate but I really doubt it. Your next bleed will be your actual cycle, and I would guess you may start ovulating then if your system is back to normal.

I was on it less than a year and I always got my period. Does this make a difference?

The thing is when you are on the pill, you never actually get your 'real period'. By all means it looks like it and behaves regular because of the cycle you use when taking the pill but your 'period' on the pill is always a withdrawal bleed. that said it is perfectly possible to get pregnant when you stop taking it, as with any birth control.

I agree with what everyone else says. :)

When you are on the pill you aren't having a real period. It's a withdrawal bleed. Your body is going to have a little time to adjust. You might ovulate this month, you might not. When I stopped the pill it took me about a month to ovulate. The first cycle off the pill for me was around 40 days from the day I stopped to the day AF came. I ovulated around day 32 that cycle (I have an 8 day LP at the moment).

Everyone is different. If you watch your cervical mucus you'll be able to get an idea of when you are fertile by looking for the EW cm.

Hey amhare. I don't have any answers for you but I also stopped the pill on Friday and started charting straight away. I have absolutely no idea what's going on with my body right now but it should be fun to find out haha. Maybe we can be post-pill confusion buddies :p

Hey grace I stopped the pill on sunday waiting for my withdrawal bleed now and then I will start temping from there. It took me 3 months to ovulate after the merina coil so interested to see how it is with the pill

I'm similar to you I started a new pack of pills then only took 3 after a few days I bleed quite heavily for about 2/3 days and have this weekend noticed Ewcm so I assumed I've ov. With my 1st daughter I stopped my pill and didn't get a normal period until after she was born so it is very possible to conceive on the 1st cycle although my cycle was very long but I do have irregular periods naturally anyway!

So il see if I did in fact ov soon enough.

So far no such luck. =( Does anyone have any tips for conceiving?

I stopped microgynon in July, had a withdrawal bleed then ovulated and fell pregnant 2 weeks later. Hope this helps x

I just wanted to join in ladies as I too have come off the pill. Stopped on 18 July and still nothing. Very frustrating as when I stopped last time (combined pill), I had immediate withdrawal bleed and 28 days later, AF, and conceived shortly after.

However, this time I was on the mini pill, where I had no bleed the entire time (3 years) and I still have no sign of AF!!! Frustrating!!!

Joeybrooks are you looking out for ovulation or are you just waiting for AF to start?

I'm really just looking for ANYTHING!!!! About 2 weeks after stopping BC I had some EWCM and big blobs of mucus (sorry TMI), but there really has been absolutely nothing since, no signes of AF, despite having some symptoms of it for a while, negative tests, despite what could be considered as preg symptoms.

At this stage, I'm happy for AF, just so I know what is happening.

Hey so according to my temps I ovulated on the 25th August, which was only 11 days after my last Cerelle pill so not long at all. My OPKs never went positive though and I only saw a little EWCM the day after ovulation..! Anyways, I'm in the TWW wait now - hope the rest of you get your cycles back soon!

Hi ladies. I took my last microgynon pill 31st July, had my withdrawal bleed on the 4th. I'm not sure if i ovulated or not as me and dh hadnt really decided yes or no whether to try for #3 yet! I thought id come off my pill so i was ready but we ended up half heartedly trying! Anyway if my cycles have miraculously gone back to normal i would have o'd around 10days ago. Iv been feeling a bit of nausea and sensitive nipples but that could just be from coming off my pill. I also had a bit of spotting on tuesday which im also a bit confused about as iv never had spotting on or off pill!

So ive taken 4 hpt(sooo addictive!!) All bfn. But i know it could be too early to get a bfp. And i know my chances are pretty slim for it to happen straight away but one can hope!

Nice to know there are other people in my situation!

I stopped the pill on the Tuesday I fell pregnant Friday it is possible rare but possible for me soon as the pill stopped my body jump started ovulation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->