Trying to conceive when still breastfeeding

Jodielois

Reaction score
Hi

Just hoping to hear from some ladies who got caught pregnant when still feeding there little ones.
My little girl is 15 months and over the last week ive cut out her day feed so she has a feed when she wakes, at bedtime and once or twice through the night. I really want another baby but my periods still haven't returned! ! Be great to hear that some have you have been succesful when in a similar situation. Thanks xx

Me :)

I conceived twice while breastfeeding my daughter but she was a bit older but still BF pretty often (19 months and again at 25 months)

This time I've just had my first ovulation after baby #4 at 12 months old, so fingers crossed!

It is probably more likely night feeding that would be stopping your cycle returning.

My cycle didn't return until I stopped feeding my first at 15 months completely, I didn't really know how to night wean so I stopped completly. My 2nd feed a lot longer and it wasn't until he was 2 that he stopped feeding at night and I started ovulating then.

Some women are lucky (or unlucky depending on how you look at it) and get their cycles back even when feeding!

Thanks for replying. Twin mummy 06 do you mind me asking.....had your periods returned each time before conception? X

Hi, I got pregnant when my daughter was exactly 12 months old and It was the first ovulation (Last Af was before getting pregnant with her) and i breast fed her till 18 months until my milk dried up during pregnancy. My second i didn't get my cycles back until he was 18 months (cont'd till 21 months) and think this was because he wanted more boob than my daughter had. I breast fed both during the night right up to my cycles returning. Think it depends on the person. i did hear that you should stop night feeds to get cycles back but I was too lazy to do that (I need my sleep :))

Wow thanks for the reply makes me feel happier about it now. My dd wont take a bottle and if wakes in night will only settle with boob. I need to night wean but need to geg some decent zzzz before I do. Hopefully only feeding for breakfast and bed will bring back my cycle. X

I'm currently nursing my 19 month old and praying to concieve without weaning. My sweet girl is such a boobie baby. She still nurses several times a night and prolly 8 times a day or more.
Jodielois, my little lady is the same way. She's never taken a bottle and at night nursing is the only thing that works!
My cycle returned at 16 months pp and then 1 at 18 months pp. I'm hoping my cycle will even out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->