Trying to conceive with pcos sigh!!!

Hi! I have PCOS as well and started temping this cycle the day after my cycle ended. My chart seems crazy. I'm also taking vitex, b complex, biotin, royal jelly and wheat grass, and cassava root. I've been feeling cramping for a few days now like ovulation cramps, and I believe I am 5 or 6 dpo. OPK's never work for me. Have you ever tried any of these? I take synthroid as well and was on injections for Multiple Sclerosis but quit those two weeks ago so it won't cause miscarriage (fingers crossed). I've been pregnant twice one m/c and one now 2 year old. I know it can happen! You'll get it and if anyone gives advice then maybe we can learn to temp together! It's pretty frustrating at times and I stallk boards for others that do it and are succesful.

Wow, sounds like you've been on a bit of a rollercoaster! Thanks for all the info. I tried the opk's about 3 or so years a go before I got diagnosed because I had a gut feeling something was wrong. They all came back negative but everyone seems to say their very unreliable. I don't know how to add people on here because I'm new to it but if you like you can add me and we can pass info on to each other about temping? It is frustrating but we just have to keep going :) I can't wait to be a mummy and this whole journey will make it so much more special <3

:flower:
hi
i was diagnosed with pcos the day after i had my :bfp: we were trying for 6 months and i kept m/c :cry: BUT one cycle "not trying" i fell pregnant :happydance: without any help :thumbup:
i'm now ttc again, i'm temping this cycle i have been temping for the whole time i was ttc :thumbup: i'd be happy to help with your temping! if you look at my chart it seems all over the place but i've had the flu! :winkwink:

thats great you managed to concieve :) good luck with it this time round. That would be great if you wouldn't mind explaining the basics? I heard temping wasn't much use if you have pcos? My cycles aren't very regular?, do you think it's worth giving it a go? :)

:thumbup: most deffo hun, i have tempted all the way through ttc and its never been wrong :winkwink: okay do you have a thermometer? its best to have a digital one .2 decimals... you can get them off ebay cheap, so i wake at 6am roughly everyday (sometimes a little later/earlier) and just stick it in my mouth then it beeps when its reached your stable temp, you must have had 4hrs solid sleep though, if you wake at like 4am and you've had 4hrs you can take your temp and convert it to like a 6am temp (use fertility friend they have an adjuster) its really quick and easy.. then just add your temp into FF each day, it will give you a rough idea of when ov will be and when your fertile.. as soon as you have a thermometer and join FF (its free) i'll run you through it.. like what your looking for etc :winkwink:
my cycles aren't very regular?? maybe the pcos??? do you use opk's too? xxxx

this is what you need hun :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIGITAL-...t=UK_Health_HealthCare_RL&hash=item4838431b46

and join this for free :)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/

temping is kind of annoying BUT you get used to it and it just becomes part of your routine. and its really the only way (besides frequent ultrasounds) to know if you are ovulating.

Fertility Friend is what I use and it's great. Really lays it out in a very easy to read way. I'm contemplating paying the ten dollars or whatever it is for the VIP membership. But as a regular site goes its good. There's also an app for your phone. When I figure it out I'll post a pic of my chart so far.

Wow, sounds like you've been on a bit of a rollercoaster! Thanks for all the info. I tried the opk's about 3 or so years a go before I got diagnosed because I had a gut feeling something was wrong. They all came back negative but everyone seems to say their very unreliable. I don't know how to add people on here because I'm new to it but if you like you can add me and we can pass info on to each other about temping? It is frustrating but we just have to keep going :) I can't wait to be a mummy and this whole journey will make it so much more special <3[/QUOTE]

Anya, Yeah it's been a crazy couple of years now, but I don't lose hope. I know it can happen because it has before. I tried to add you as a friend. Let me know if it shows up. I'm new to this thing. I think with the OPK's I always seem to miss my peak and catch it as a dark line but maybe not dark enough. But I get cramping and SHOW so I'm thinking I'm ovulating. Being a mom is the best feeling ever! My sister has 3 kids and never worked to get pregnant with any of them! So when I see people posting like oh I come from a fertile family this shouldn't happen to me. Well unfortunately that's not how it works lol. Otherwise we'd all be fertile mertles. What CD are you on. I'm on CD19 now. And I'm pretty sure 7 dpo. you can PM me if you'd like.

Ugh I know the feeling Anya!

I also have PCOS, I was diagnosed at 11. I was an early bloomer so lucky me I started AF at 10 yrs old! :sad1: and my mom also has PCOS so she recognized the signs and got me tested very early. I went on birth control right away to treat it because I was having horrible pain with my cycle and getting large cysts. When I was 14 I actually ended up having a exploratory laparoscopy to make sure I didn't also have endometriosis, which luckily I didn't.

I am now 22 and married, right now we are WTT. TTC date is in Jan/Feb. I have three days left of BCP to take. I am very nervous for the future because I also don't know if and when I will ovulate. Or if I will even have regular cycles after 10 years on the BCP. Also because my mother didn't ovulate and it took her four years and eventually going on Clomid to conceive me.

So like many ladies here I'm sure. I am the obsessive research oriented type. And I'm even tracking all my business despite not being off the BCP yet. The most uselful tool I have found is an app. It is called Ovia, and they also have an app for your pregnancy as well. It compiles and organizes data from your: periods, moods, symptoms, intercourse, cervical fluid, ovulation tests, pregnancy tests, basal temperature, blood pressure, sleep, weight, nutrition, activity, and medication. It uses all these to help predict ovulation and to track the health of your body as well, with the ultimate goal to get you pregnant. Of course it's free, this momma to be (hopefully sooner than later) is on a budget! But pretty much the soul purpose of the app is to help you figure out when you ovulate by the data you enter. It also has a lot of recipes and tips to help. I really personally love it.

It is on the ovuline website. I can't link it because I haven't made 10 posts yet.

So even if you don't use the app I would just advice to maybe also check your cervical fluid as well because it changes with your cycle, and also to make sure you are staying as healthy as you can. But I think the basal temperature and the OPK should be very useful. :thumbup:

Attachments

• ovia.jpg
    ovia.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1
Also I have a question..
How do you know when to take an ovulation test when your cycles are so unpredictable? Do you normally base it off your temp or off of previous cycles? I guess I'm a cheapskate and don't want to waste a bunch of tests. I haven't crossed this bridge yet but would like to know for in a few weeks when I'm "expected" to ovulate.

Go to Amazon or ebay and order the cheap opk's! I know from past cycles that's I usually don't O before cd18 so I usually start at 16 to be safe once a day. If I see the line get darker then I do twice a day.

I went on Amazon and ordered 50 OPKs cost very little and keeps my mind at rest. When I got a darker line I did a clear blue digital as well and got a smiley.

I was using OVIA app but I am switching to fertility friend now. It's what everyone else seems to you and as temping seems to be so important it's better for that and shows a simple chart...also let's you change the units of measure to centigrade instead of Fahrenheit. On OVIA you have to convert on a separate app first!

yeah use the cheap strips, i usually start temping on cd10 but if i have a huge drop one morning, i'll use a strip! like this cycle, i really thought ov was cd9 but as i have the flu my temps were up, so i got a bit flustered and was double testing and i got my + on cd15 xx

Hi, i am trying to concieve with PCOS too!
I switched to a LCHF diet, and saw amazing changes, my cycle became a regular 28 days which i never had my whole life. My skin cleared, my haritisum got better, and best of all i lost 30lbs in 3 months,and was satisfied. I recommend this diet to everyone with PCOS, because PCOS is caused from insulin resistance, and the only way to cure that is to remove all the excess sugars and carbs from our diets.

:flower:
hi
i was diagnosed with pcos the day after i had my :bfp: we were trying for 6 months and i kept m/c :cry: BUT one cycle "not trying" i fell pregnant :happydance: without any help :thumbup:
i'm now ttc again, i'm temping this cycle i have been temping for the whole time i was ttc :thumbup: i'd be happy to help with your temping! if you look at my chart it seems all over the place but i've had the flu! :winkwink:

thats great you managed to concieve :) good luck with it this time round. That would be great if you wouldn't mind explaining the basics? I heard temping wasn't much use if you have pcos? My cycles aren't very regular?, do you think it's worth giving it a go? :)

:thumbup: most deffo hun, i have tempted all the way through ttc and its never been wrong :winkwink: okay do you have a thermometer? its best to have a digital one .2 decimals... you can get them off ebay cheap, so i wake at 6am roughly everyday (sometimes a little later/earlier) and just stick it in my mouth then it beeps when its reached your stable temp, you must have had 4hrs solid sleep though, if you wake at like 4am and you've had 4hrs you can take your temp and convert it to like a 6am temp (use fertility friend they have an adjuster) its really quick and easy.. then just add your temp into FF each day, it will give you a rough idea of when ov will be and when your fertile.. as soon as you have a thermometer and join FF (its free) i'll run you through it.. like what your looking for etc :winkwink:
my cycles aren't very regular?? maybe the pcos??? do you use opk's too? xxxx

I brought a thermometer today! Eeeek! I was worried because doesn't it only tell you after you've ovulated? So you can predict it the next month but because my cycles aren't regular I won't be able to predict it. That's why I didn't think it would be any good. My periods have never been regular :( it makes ttc so difficult! Thanks for your help :D

Wow, sounds like you've been on a bit of a rollercoaster! Thanks for all the info. I tried the opk's about 3 or so years a go before I got diagnosed because I had a gut feeling something was wrong. They all came back negative but everyone seems to say their very unreliable. I don't know how to add people on here because I'm new to it but if you like you can add me and we can pass info on to each other about temping? It is frustrating but we just have to keep going :) I can't wait to be a mummy and this whole journey will make it so much more special <3

Anya, Yeah it's been a crazy couple of years now, but I don't lose hope. I know it can happen because it has before. I tried to add you as a friend. Let me know if it shows up. I'm new to this thing. I think with the OPK's I always seem to miss my peak and catch it as a dark line but maybe not dark enough. But I get cramping and SHOW so I'm thinking I'm ovulating. Being a mom is the best feeling ever! My sister has 3 kids and never worked to get pregnant with any of them! So when I see people posting like oh I come from a fertile family this shouldn't happen to me. Well unfortunately that's not how it works lol. Otherwise we'd all be fertile mertles. What CD are you on. I'm on CD19 now. And I'm pretty sure 7 dpo. you can PM me if you'd like.[/QUOTE]

I think it's come up but I'm trying to work out how to accept it, sorry I'm really new to this and my internet is very low because we live out in the sticks lol. I tried the opk's but nothing ever showed up :( I bet it is and I really can't wait! My mum said the same to me. She said she doubts I'll have trouble conceiving because her and my dad have a lot of kids between them but then I found out I had pcos so the whole 'fertile family' idea went out the window. I don't know what cd I'm on sorry, I used to keep a track but it got me down so much I thought I'd give my self a break and stop tracking it. I'll try and pm you but can't promise I'll be able to lol xx

Ugh I know the feeling Anya!

I also have PCOS, I was diagnosed at 11. I was an early bloomer so lucky me I started AF at 10 yrs old! :sad1: and my mom also has PCOS so she recognized the signs and got me tested very early. I went on birth control right away to treat it because I was having horrible pain with my cycle and getting large cysts. When I was 14 I actually ended up having a exploratory laparoscopy to make sure I didn't also have endometriosis, which luckily I didn't.

I am now 22 and married, right now we are WTT. TTC date is in Jan/Feb. I have three days left of BCP to take. I am very nervous for the future because I also don't know if and when I will ovulate. Or if I will even have regular cycles after 10 years on the BCP. Also because my mother didn't ovulate and it took her four years and eventually going on Clomid to conceive me.

So like many ladies here I'm sure. I am the obsessive research oriented type. And I'm even tracking all my business despite not being off the BCP yet. The most uselful tool I have found is an app. It is called Ovia, and they also have an app for your pregnancy as well. It compiles and organizes data from your: periods, moods, symptoms, intercourse, cervical fluid, ovulation tests, pregnancy tests, basal temperature, blood pressure, sleep, weight, nutrition, activity, and medication. It uses all these to help predict ovulation and to track the health of your body as well, with the ultimate goal to get you pregnant. Of course it's free, this momma to be (hopefully sooner than later) is on a budget! But pretty much the soul purpose of the app is to help you figure out when you ovulate by the data you enter. It also has a lot of recipes and tips to help. I really personally love it.

It is on the ovuline website. I can't link it because I haven't made 10 posts yet.

So even if you don't use the app I would just advice to maybe also check your cervical fluid as well because it changes with your cycle, and also to make sure you are staying as healthy as you can. But I think the basal temperature and the OPK should be very useful. :thumbup:

I'm also a crazy research type of person! I research absolutely everything. The app sounds great, I've just downloaded an app called fertility friend which does all the same stuff so hopefully I'll get on with that :) with pcos cervical fluid can't always be as accurate because we have the ewcm (egg white cervical mucus) for a lot longer than people without pcos so it can be a bit misleading :( good luck with ttc please keep us posted when you get pregnant! We're all routing for you :)

Anya...I'm embarking on the Sperm Meets Egg Plan...basically have sex regularly so that if you ovulate unexpectedly then you have a better chance of catching it. BD every 2 or 3 days.

I'm excited about temping because it will reassure me that I do actually ovulate!!

anya hun
when you temp...
what i do for best chances is when i wake and my temp is low... i'll dtd... EVEN if its like cd5, cos you ov on a drop... you'll have all bases covered :)
and yeah your right... it doesn't tell you till after you've ov'd, that's just how i do it :) have you joined FF? you'll get the hang of it :) xxx

Anya...I'm embarking on the Sperm Meets Egg Plan...basically have sex regularly so that if you ovulate unexpectedly then you have a better chance of catching it. BD every 2 or 3 days.

I'm excited about temping because it will reassure me that I do actually ovulate!!

I think that's the best plan, sadly I don't think that would work for us. My fiancé works like a dog and is always knackered, I'm constantly moaning that we don't have sex enough but until his current site ends (he's an electrical supervisor at a water treatment plant) he won't be home much. Hopefully won't be too long and he won't be so tired and stressed :)

Oh that sucks Anya. We are both teachers...so term time sex is also few and far between... I'm going to have to make more of an effort!!

Where are you in your current cycle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->