Trying to conceive!

canadagurl

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 25 yrs old. My periods are usually around the same time of the month, but this month Dec. 11 and 12 was short. I had a blood clot about the size of a Tablespoon. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is normal. I'm also trying to conceive and I'm not on any birth control pills. Was wondering if anyone can tell me what are the easiest ways to get pregnant??

What do you mean when you say your period was short? Was is short in the length of days you normally bleed or it came sooner than it normally would? The easiest way to get pregnant is to have unprotected sex around the time you ovulate, Im sorry thats it! So getting to know when you ovulate is ovbiously crucial so you can concentrate of having sex then, you only have a 20-25% chance of conceiving if you have well time sexed around your ovulation day and thats it!

I mean that my period usually last 3-4 days and is usually a medium flow. This month was only 2 days and very light bleeding. We have been trying for several months now and been having sex around the time of ovulation. Been taking pregnancy tests but end up having negatives.

Hi Canadagurl!
I am not sure why your period was so short this cycle...but I did have a clot this past cycle and it freaked me out! I know the length and flow of your periods can vary a bit each month so maybe it was just an off cycle??

Where in Canada are you from?

I hope it was just off for this cycle!! I try not to stress about anything in life.
My hometown is in Manitoba. You??

Nice...I am in Saskatchewan.
TTC for the last three months. Have about a week/week and a half before af is due this cycle.

December 11 and 12 of 2009 I had my period. I was supposed to start my period on Jan 8, 2010. It is now 2 days late. I took a HPT on Jan 3, Jan 7 & 8 2010 all negative. This morning have cramps and feel sick and sleepy. I have been going to the bathroom a lot and very light spotting when I wipe and none on a pad.

Does anyone have advise?
Thanks!!

Today is Jan 12, 2010 and still no period. Did a HPT BFN!! Not sure what's going on with my period. Hoping it comes in the next couple of days. If it doesn't I'm going to take another test, if that come up negative!! I'm gonna have to go to the doctor. Been getting headaches and feeling alittle sick. Hope I'll feel better soon. Will get back with updates soon!!

I'm back and it's Jan 20, 2010 and still no period. Went to the doctor on Friday Jan 15, 2010 and got BFN :( I'm not under any stress and not on any pills. So, still not sure what's going on.
Tomorrow will be 14 days since I missed my period.
Can anyone tell me when should I test again?
Thanks and God Bless!!

I'm back and it's Jan 20, 2010 and still no period. Went to the doctor on Friday Jan 15, 2010 and got BFN :( I'm not under any stress and not on any pills. So, still not sure what's going on.
Tomorrow will be 14 days since I missed my period.
Can anyone tell me when should I test again?
Thanks and God Bless!!

Apparently it's pretty normal to miss a period occasionally, from what I've read... although it's never happened to me, except when I was pregnant.
Every once in awhile, maybe a few times a year, women can have anovulatory cycles, where they don't ovulate.
Eventually, the lining of the uterus will break down and slough off anyway, resulting in bleeding... often unusual bleeding: abnormally light, heavy, or clotty.
If this happens right around the time your period was due anyway, you might mistake that for a period, although it wouldn't be a true one, since you didn't ovulate. But often it's either earlier or later than a regular period.

It sounds to me like you might've experienced one of these anovulatory cycles; chances are, you'll ovulate during your next cycle, and everything will go back to normal, and your period will get back on track again.
You say you "try not to stress", but stress can actually cause anovulatory cycles, as can rapid weight loss or gain and many other things.
Or it can just happen sometimes for no reason at all.
The point is, it usually only happens for one cycle, and then things go back to normal after that.
If your cycles continue to be wonky, I'd make an appointment with the doctor.
But for now, just wait and see. i'll bet the situation will correct itself.
Good luck, hon!

Hi
I was just brousing throught this thread when I came accross your thread. I had no idea that it was considered normal to occassionaly miss a period. I have never been on the pill (aged 34) so I kind of know what my cycles do which is very yes once or twice a year often I miss one, often with exam stress when I was younger or sometimes work stress, but I have always known that I wasn't pg.

At one point I missed 9months before I went to the Doc he did blood tests and said all was fine and that sometimes womens bodies do take a break from ovulating.

Thanks for not making me feel so odd

It's now Jan 24, 2010 and still no period. I have also been checking when I ovulate and have not yet. Took a Hpt yesterday and it was negative. Did I take it to soon or should I wait till my next period. It's already been 45 days since my last period in Dec 11 & 12, 2009. I'll just have to wait it out till February's period.

Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks

Today, I finally found out that I'm ovulating!!! Yay!! I still don't have my period. It's never this late before!! But I'm still waiting. I will take a hpt on Saturday!!

Feb 1 already and still no period. Should be starting on the 7th or so. Or so, I'm hoping. Saturday, Jan 30 test negative.

You said youovulated on the 26th so your not PG me thinks (no biology expert) you shouldbe expecting your :witch: around the 9th if you have a 14 day LH phase.

Good luck next month

Well, congrats at least on finding out that you're definitely ovulating!
That's something, anyway!
Good luck. :hugs:

I'm glad I know that I'm ovulating lol it took me awhile to figure out how those ovulation predictor tests works lol but I am hoping that I do miss this months period. Would love to have my own little bundle of joy!!

Thanks for replying everyone!!

Yesterday, I got this really sharp pain on the left side of my abdomen. Felt like someone was jabbing me with something sharp. Anyways, still waiting for a period to arrive on the weekend. Yay!! LOL

just read through all your post Canadagurl, and just wanted to wish you lots of luck this weekend. It seemed you body was up to some interesting stuff, but glad it seems to be getting back to normal. I'm due on Sunday as well. Fingers crossed for us all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->