Trying to find a pediatrician...

Kiram

Reaction score
My due date is quickly approaching and I still haven't found a doctor for my baby. I was originally looking for a vaccine-friendly pediatrician, and while that's difficult enough, it has occurred to me that I want more than just a vaccine-friendly doctor...I want one who isn't dependent on conventional medicine to begin with. While I realize prescriptions are sometimes necessary, I want a doctor who won't jump to prescribing an antibiotic for a mild ear infection just because it's the routine remedy...I want a doctor who is aware of natural or gentler routes before pulling out the big guns on everything. I want a doctor who would suggest dietary changes and elevation measures to treat acid-reflux before handing out an antacid and sending me along my way. I want a doctor who I can trust is giving my baby the best treatment because they're aware of all possible treatments.

In my experience, it's incredibly rare to find a conventional doctor who does this. I don't have any "alternative" doctors near me, so I'm at a total loss of what to do. I certainly don't want to be without a doctor to check-up on my little pea pod, because I know the day she wakes up with a cough and sniffles I will be freaking out and will want someone to call...but at the same time, I don't want to introduce her to medical interventions that may not be necessary. This is stressing me out so much!

Any advice?

Hmm, no real advice here since I haven't taken my kids to the doctor for anything other than their routine check ups/vaccines. Maybe you could see if there are Yelp or Google reviews for the doctors? Or you could set up a meet and greet appointment and discuss these things directly with the doctor? If you don't like his/her answer then you could arrange a meeting with a different doctor. Sort of like trial and error, could take a long time to find someone that way though. Are there any parenting groups or Facebook pages for your area where you can ask for recommendations?

Google search for vaccine friendly. Most peds that I have met have been moving away from antibiotics or years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->