Trying to get BMI under 30 for IUI/IVF Treatment

Thank you Lisa, its hard going but i am determined to stick to it at the moment. Hope your ok? xx

hi ladys im in the same boat i had 2 loss 4stone last yr 2 start ivf i did it had ivf got bfp then mc at 16wks so now ive got 2 loss the 2 stone ive put on by dec when i go bck to the clinic the way i did it was healthy eating but also metformin and Orlistat

im on metformin at the moment only my 2nd day and seem to hv had my first side effect dioreaha!... hw was u when u was on it?? xxx

Hi Ladies,:flower:
sorry it's been such a while since popping by - we've had quite a few adventures with Our Little Blessing:baby: but hopefully on firmer ground now . . . . .
:happydance:Well done JayKay on the weight loss I hope the IUI works a treat for you xx
KeepGoing do stick at it babe:thumbup:, Lisa84 and myself cracked it with Slimming World, all told I lost 3 stone with them and I didn't miss out on anything. You can do this! As for your GP - what the heck is her problem??? As a last resort have you thought about seeing another GP in the practice, there's about 6 in ours and the 2 I see often disagree about the same things leaving me totally confused :wacko:but I've learned who to see for which things now. You don't have to just put up with an unsupportive Dr - could be though that she just needs to understand your committment to getting help, so you just keep on keeping on at her she's there to support your health and welfare!! And most of all I hope the clomid works out and if needed she lets you have another couple of months on it. Be strong Sweetie and stick to your guns xx:hugs::hugs:
Drakey - please have a look at Slimming World too:winkwink:, if you go to the website it will give you a free sample menu for you to try out and a dear friend of mine with a lot of weight to lose got started with it from this and is doing great now. You needn't ever starve yourself skinny, with Slimming World I ate healthier than ever without being bored or missing treats now and then. You can do it :hugs::hugs:xx
Loads of love and prayers ladies:kiss::kiss:
Baxi

Hi girls just a question... Is it true your BMI has to be between 19-30 and if even 1 over they wont do IVF i am panicing as i have PCOS and find it hard to lose weight i've already lost 3 and half stone now very hard coming off but is staying fingers crossed... but i've still another stone or so to go and seemed to hit a brick wall. we have been referred to FS and i wanted to get the weight down before we get the appointment so it wont hold us back.. has anyone got any good tips? xx

Hi girls, not been in here for a while but wanted to say well done to us all and good luck with losing the rest of the weight and with appts etc!

We have our 1st appt at the IVF clinic on the 19th and i have lost over 3 stones but still have 10lbs to go, so i am going to be doing 3 days of fasting before the appt to drop lbs fast and its safe for 3 days just to have fruit, veg and water so il be doing that and flushing my system out! lol. xxx

Hi girls just a question... Is it true your BMI has to be between 19-30 and if even 1 over they wont do IVF i am panicing as i have PCOS and find it hard to lose weight i've already lost 3 and half stone now very hard coming off but is staying fingers crossed... but i've still another stone or so to go and seemed to hit a brick wall. we have been referred to FS and i wanted to get the weight down before we get the appointment so it wont hold us back.. has anyone got any good tips? xx

I am too in the same boat as you, lost about the same as you but I still need to lose another 2 stone to get to my BMI of 30. I also have PCOS and find it difficult to lose weight too (its taken me 3 years to lose the 3 1/2 stone). I am currently on metformin and I am looking at joining SW to try and shift more weight. Good luck to all!! x

Hi Ladies,
I know things have been a bit quiet on this thread lately but I just wanted to put a message of hope and positivity. . . . . .Our little boy arrived safely 11 days over due in June of this year and he is fine!!! He is the love of my life and every diet and test and treatment was worth it. So don't any of you lose heart, just stick with the weight loss get any and all the treatment you need and be Blessed, you will indeed get there in the end. It worked out for me so it can for you too.
Much love, prayers and God Bless you
Baxi xx

HUGE congratulations Baxi - I can't believe how quickly the time has gone!!! I'm starting BCP for a couple of weeks then I will be sniffing and hoping the mTESE finds some sperm! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->