• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

trying to ignore..but cant help to think something is wrong.

KimmieHawkins

Reaction score
So.....I went for a ultrasound at 6wks 2days and only saw a amniotic and yolk sac. Both measured EXACTLY 6wks 2days(I was charting so very sure of my ovulation).

I had to go back at 7wks 1 day to make sure baby was growing. BAM. there was baby and we could see but not hear the heartbeat.

HERE is why I'm stressing......baby was measuring a week behind. she said baby was barely measuring 6wks(I'm very sure of my dates). Now for the past two days I've been having terrible cramps in my lower back and all around my belt line. Also, I'm having aches/cramps on my cervix. feels like I'm in labor(ive had 2 kids prior) and my period is just about to come rushing out.

these cramps have been accompanied by diarrhea. I'm so scared something bad is going on. but I'm hold on to hope because I haven't had any bleeding or spotting.

So sorry you are having to deal with this Kimmie :(

So if it were me I would call, describe the severity of the cramps, say that they are really concerning me, and ask to take another peek at the heartbeat or minimally to get a set of betas. My OBs with the last two pregnancies have been very accommodating regarding worry, cramping, bleeds, but I know not everyone's is.

I know you just had an ultrasound a few days ago, but the cramps are new since then, right? I think that's information that they should care about. Just my personal opinion.

In all likelihood it's just your uterus growing and stretching, but I always think it's worth sharing the concerns with the doctor and just seeing if they offer you any options for reassurance. x

So sorry you are having to deal with this Kimmie :(

So if it were me I would call, describe the severity of the cramps, say that they are really concerning me, and ask to take another peek at the heartbeat or minimally to get a set of betas. My OBs with the last two pregnancies have been very accommodating regarding worry, cramping, bleeds, but I know not everyone's is.

I know you just had an ultrasound a few days ago, but the cramps are new since then, right? I think that's information that they should care about. Just my personal opinion.

In all likelihood it's just your uterus growing and stretching, but I always think it's worth sharing the concerns with the doctor and just seeing if they offer you any options for reassurance. x

Thank you!!! I called and they set me up for an ultrasound Friday morning. I'm hoping all is well.

I had cramps and diarrhea throughout early pregnancy ( don't know if you remember my thread!)

As I said on someone else's thread too, measurements in early pregnancy are not too accurate because it only needs to move by a mm for your dates to be thrown, I was dated a whole week less wrongfully and that was at 8 weeks, I imagine the room for error is even larger earlier on.

I hope your scan goes well on Friday but try not to worry, cramps on their own without bleeding are not usually something to worry about :hugs:

I had cramps and diarrhea throughout early pregnancy ( don't know if you remember my thread!)

As I said on someone else's thread too, measurements in early pregnancy are not too accurate because it only needs to move by a mm for your dates to be thrown, I was dated a whole week less wrongfully and that was at 8 weeks, I imagine the room for error is even larger earlier on.

I hope your scan goes well on Friday but try not to worry, cramps on their own without bleeding are not usually something to worry about :hugs:

thank you!!! and that's what I'm trying to hold on to. I have had no bleeding or spotting so im trying to remain hopeful and I'm still very much so nauseous. trying to find comfort in seeing a heartbeat and especially since it was abdominal.

You definitely should stay positive as hard as it feels, I've had plenty of nights where I've woken with cramps and thought it's all over those hormones have a lot to answer for ! , but seeing a heartbeat is one of the best indicators everything is going well.

Also keep in mind that diarrhea itself (which seems to be very common in early pregnancy) can cause those menstrual-like cramps/burning sensations in your lower back and stomach so it may just be that causing the troubles. Wishing you well!

Also keep in mind that diarrhea itself (which seems to be very common in early pregnancy) can cause those menstrual-like cramps/burning sensations in your lower back and stomach so it may just be that causing the troubles. Wishing you well!

thanks! that's what my hubs was saying but I just assumed he didn't know what he was talking about. I only get the pains right before the diarrhea happens. so that could be a great explanation.

thanks! that's what my hubs was saying but I just assumed he didn't know what he was talking about. I only get the pains right before the diarrhea happens. so that could be a great explanation.

Oh yes that is totally normal. I always get a wave of absolutely horrible cramps about 10-15 minutes before a BM. In fact, the cramps start up long before I have any inkling that I even need to go to the bathroom. I think intestines with a lot of movement in them tend to brush against the uterus and cause it to freak out. That's my explanation for it anyway :)

Did they measure the gestational sac again, and what was the heartrate? How long was the crl? It's hard to say if there is anything to worry about, because you didn't see a fetal pole at your first scan, and there has been change which is great. I didn't see Sophie at 6+3 and then saw her at 7+3 and she was measuring at 7+0.

You mentioned feeling like in labor- with DS the induction had been started and I thought I was having stomach issues (I have bad ibs) so kept rushing to the bathroom because I didn't think the meds were working yet- but it was labor... So they can definitely feel the same!

You mentioned feeling like in labor- with DS the induction had been started and I thought I was having stomach issues (I have bad ibs) so kept rushing to the bathroom because I didn't think the meds were working yet- but it was labor... So they can definitely feel the same!

this is random but its awesome you live in upstate sc! I live in the midlands! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"