trying to re-establish Breastfeeding

flumpandme

Reaction score
Hi

i breastfeed my lo for the first 2/3 days of his life then due to mastitas, bleeding nipples and an unsupportive OH i gave up and bottle fed, i regretted this and when i split with my OH last week, i decided to try to reestablish breastfeeding.

it is so difficult, my milk has dwindled and my Lo is so frustrated with me, he gets very cross because his milk isnt coming fast enough, i am currently combination feeding, giving him breast first then bottle

has any one get any advise, has anyone done this ?

help i feel a complete failour and wonder if i am doing the right thing for my LO or am i been selfish ?

vicky

I chose to FF at birth, and on day five after my milk had dried up I changed my mind, and although I still haven't managed to get LO to latch on correctly, I have been able to bring my milk back with pumping, and two weeks later can express half of every feed.... It has been a difficult journey, but for us so far a successful one. :D I was lucky that once I started pumping, first I had colostrum and then it went to milk. xx

there's a chamion on here who might be able to help you if you pm her.

Her link is https://www.babyandbump.com/member.php?u=49558

And no I don't think you're being selfish, I think you're a fab mum who wants what's best for her baby :hugs:

Not selfish at all!! I think you are being very brave and wanting the best for LO.

I would offer breast before a FF, but if LO is upset or crying hungry, he may get frustrated at the boob. Maybe try FF him for 5mins to take the edge off then try BF? Also, after each feed, pump for about 5mins on both sides to stimulate milk supply. It will take time and effort to get back on track, but it is possible and worth it! Good luck!

I would get a supplemental nursing system! (SNS) google it! its a small tube that gets taped to the boob that has formula (or BM!) that goes in while they nurse. so they get both and dont get frusterated its not coming out enough. I love mine.....only 18 bucks!

I agree with PP, get a SNS and pump afterwards. Your not being selfish Hun keep up the good work you can do it!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->