TTC 1 - 1st cycle - new to BabyandBump

bluebloodmoon

Reaction score
Anyone else new to this forum and overwhelmed by super long threads?

DH and I are in the TWW and I would love a cycle buddy!
I am 5DPO at this point and the days are moving very slowly...

Hi looks like I'm a month late lol, but wanted to drop in and say hi - I'm in same boat as you, the established thread are overwhelming and nobody is answering my own new one haha! How did your cycle turn out? Hoping you had good news. If not though, happy to be your TWW buddy for the new one :)

Hey ladies! Looks like I'm a month late to the party. I hope you don't mind if I join you. I'm currently on CD6 so even though we tried really hard last month :haha: it wasn't our month.

With both of us working full time its hard to find the time or energy to DtD consistently which I think hurt our chances in Feb. and March. So we have planned on BD on CDs 13, 15, 17, 18, 19, and 21 this month so fingers crossed this is the month for us!

Do you temp/track/use ovulation tests? I period track on 2 different apps to get a fertile window to BD during. If that doesn't work soon I may try investing in some ovulation tests?

June 1st (if I can wait that long). I have a feeling we didn't time it right and I'm out this month so I'm not even bothering trying to symptom spot. Sigh.

On the plus side, we went to babies r us near us (40-60% off going out of business sale) and picked up some cute onesies in gender neutral colors to save. I figured if I could get a 4 pack for $6 might as well. Its not like clothes have an expiration date. And I kind of feel like if I show the universe how prepared we are, we'll get our BFP.

How many cycles have you been trying?

June 1st (if I can wait that long). I have a feeling we didn't time it right and I'm out this month so I'm not even bothering trying to symptom spot. Sigh.

On the plus side, we went to babies r us near us (40-60% off going out of business sale) and picked up some cute onesies in gender neutral colors to save. I figured if I could get a 4 pack for $6 might as well. Its not like clothes have an expiration date. And I kind of feel like if I show the universe how prepared we are, we'll get our BFP.

How many cycles have you been trying?
I wish I knew where a babies r us was. But id spend all my money. :haha: It's my first cycle actually ttc. My angel baby was a surprise from a vacation I went on. I didn't know how much I wanted to be a Mother until I no longer was one.

I wish I knew where a babies r us was. But id spend all my money. :haha: It's my first cycle actually ttc. My angel baby was a surprise from a vacation I went on. I didn't know how much I wanted to be a Mother until I no longer was one.

If you can find one near you, it might be worth it to check it out. Clothing is 40% off and bedding is like 50% off. Aden & Anais swaddle blankets for like $18.

I'm sorry for your lost but hopefully since it was so fast for you before it'll happen fast again now that you're trying. This is our 6th cycle I think but only the last 2 we have actually timed and tried. The ones before were more NTNP.

I think if it doesn't happen this month I may invest in some OPKs to make sure our timing is right.

Ive been feeling a little down lately about TTC because not only do I have my own disappointment to deal with, but I feel like I'm letting down my hubby and family (my mom and sisters are so ready to be a grandma/aunts). So FX it happens soon for both of us.

If you can find one near you, it might be worth it to check it out. Clothing is 40% off and bedding is like 50% off. Aden & Anais swaddle blankets for like $18.

I'm sorry for your lost but hopefully since it was so fast for you before it'll happen fast again now that you're trying. This is our 6th cycle I think but only the last 2 we have actually timed and tried. The ones before were more NTNP.

I think if it doesn't happen this month I may invest in some OPKs to make sure our timing is right.

Ive been feeling a little down lately about TTC because not only do I have my own disappointment to deal with, but I feel like I'm letting down my hubby and family (my mom and sisters are so ready to be a grandma/aunts). So FX it happens soon for both of us.
:hugs: I wasn't trying the first time I went on vacation and wound up hooking up with this guy I met:dohh: stupid I know

Hahah oops! But hopefully he was cute ;)

Who are you trying with now, if I may ask?

He was pretty good looking. I'm trying now with a donor from knowndonorregistry

Ok if this is too personal a question let me know, but are you doing the cup and insert method?

The reason I ask is, my husband is actually asexual so he wants to be a dad but doesn't actually have any desire to have sex. So what we are doing is the he gets friendly with a cup and then we use a needless syringe to get his guys inside (this is way TMI I'm so sorry).

I was just wondering cause what are the chances we both would be trying at home artificial insem? :)

Ok if this is too personal a question let me know, but are you doing the cup and insert method?

The reason I ask is, my husband is actually asexual so he wants to be a dad but doesn't actually have any desire to have sex. So what we are doing is the he gets friendly with a cup and then we use a needless syringe to get his guys inside (this is way TMI I'm so sorry).

I was just wondering cause what are the chances we both would be trying at home artificial insem? :)
Yes I did 4 insems this cycle using softcup. My first insem was a disaster lol

That is such a weird coincidence that makes me happy for no true reason? hahah

I haven't tried the softcups mostly cause I'm paranoid I'm not going to be able to easily remove it?

I should have practiced first :haha: I had problems inserting the cup but taking them out isn't hard

Maybe that's what we'll try next month. I'm also going to invest in some OPKs next month because it is so frustrating to keep trying and failing. Only 4 days till test day. I honestly feel like it didn't happen this month so I'm feeling a little down. How are you?

How many cycles have you been ttc? This was my first cycle. I'm 13dpo today and I'm spotting so I think I'm out.

We started NTNP in October. We started actually trying in December. I don't know how many of those cycles we timed things right though. My tracker says 4 days till period so we'll see what happens. Sorry about the spotting, hopefully its implantation bleeding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->