TTC #1 after IUD Mirena - Hormones or pregnancy?

lilybee25

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I had my IUD Mirena removed just over 6 weeks ago after having it for 5.5 years. I never had a period with it, but they were pretty regular before I got it in. As part of getting it removed, I had to get an ultrasound (ended up being where it was supposed to) -- results from this showed that my ovaries, etc, are in good shape for conception.

My husband and I decided to TTC immediately after taking it out (BD'ed that night, lol!) The problem is that I haven't had a real period since getting it removed. I had some light bleeding (which was really just spotting) on November 16 and 17. I treated it as a period in the Glow app, and it predicted that I would ovulate on Nov 27. On the 28th, I had REALLY bad cramps, lower back pain, sore boobs, and bloating. It felt like AF should be coming, but I haven't had any spotting since then. Three days ago I had some unusual lower back pain (right at the tailbone) that lasted about 2 days and is gone now. I couldn't explain it with anything that I physically did that week.

I've been taking Easy@Home tests almost everyday (I'm an anxious tester I guess) and getting very clear BPNs.

Has anyone out there gotten pregnant right out of an IUD? Could I be pregnant, or could these symptoms just be due to adjusting hormones after being on BC for so many years?

The mirena has a lower dose of hormones, but it can still affect things. I didn't ovulate for 3-4 months after going off hormonal birth control (nuva ring), I would just get constant spotting but no true period.

Try doing a bbt chart to see if you get a temp rise to indicate ovulation, or you could try OPKs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->