Ttc #1 after stopping the pill

Mrs Bee

Reaction score
Hey guys... Just needed to vent my frustration to someone other than my hubby.. Came off the pill end of September and still no af.... So that tww I'd heard do much about is really dragging on! I'm only 21 so I've been avoiding pregnancy my whole life and thought if I were to miss a pill I'd be pregnant straight away... So I was quite disappointed to find out it could take a while...i know it's terrible being so impatient as others wait years for a bfp and others lose babies :(

We have set a goal hoping by the end of next year I'll be pregnant, so fingers crossed it all goes to plan but if not we were meant to be waiting till 2013 to try.... Now my hubby says he is glad he couldn't wait to try

Has anyone else had to wait such a long time for af to return after stopping the bcp?

Thanks for listening xxx

Hi hun. I just wanted to offer you my support :hugs:

I'm in the same boat as you hun!

I just went off my pill Oct 23, got my withdrawal bleed Oct 27 and getting all these symptoms that seem like something is up, but I just found out could be symptoms from coming off the pill!
I've always had irregular periods so that's where BCP comes in, but I was hoping once I got off I had some sort of chance! I'm still waiting for my real AF, I'm taking this month as if I was on the pill so I'm hoping it won't come next week, test to see if I'm pregnant if not wait it out... I really don't want to wait :p

I'm impatient as well as I see all my friends having kids like it's 2nd nature. I even have friends on their second or 3rd kid! It's like how do they do it???

Thanks ladies!

I waited weeks to test... And all negative... It's like being in limbo.... No af and
No pregnancy... And until I get that first af back it's going to drive me mental!! Not much is gonna happen if I don't ovulate hehe

I was really I'll when I stopped my pill.... Massive headaches for a whole week! It was awful, hopefully my body will get its act together and we can get something to happen for next year :)

Fingers crossed for you lovely ladies!!!!!!

Hope it shows up for you soon! I went off the beginning of October and had no withdrawal bleed or anything that I heard about, but did get AF after 24 days. Now waiting for my second and am being very impatient - so it must be hard still waiting for your first! How were you cycles before you started the pill? It can be soo different for everyone - our bodies can seriously make us crazy!

I am in the exact same boat as you! I stopped the pill on 12th Oct and it's now been nearly 5 weeks since my withdrawal bleed and I've not had AF since!! I feel like I'm trapped in limbo too... No AF but no BFP either! I'm not showing any signs of pregnancy or any signs that AF will start soon! I have been with my fella 5 years and the last two I have patiently waited to TTC because he wasn't ready when I was. Now he says he is ready I thought it would be easy getting pregnant but it's really not! Now we both desperately want a baby but have no idea when it will be our turn! I wish I had stopped the pill I few months earlier to get ready! :-(

Good luck to you! I hope we all get our BFP's soon! You're not alone xx

I came off the pill in Feb and took my withdrawal bleed 3 days later. I then waited 5 months for my first real period to show!! It can tacky anything up to a year for your cycle to settle down again after coming off the pill. Fingers crossed it appears soon!

Het ladies. I came off bcp 20th sept. Had withdrawl bleed 3 days after then af 27th oct so was about 5 weeks before af came. I know with some people it can be a few months. No idea how long my cycle should be or anything! xx

Hey ladies . . . I came off BCP 14th of September got my WB the day after . . . AF didn't show til 5th of November, 53 day cycle!
I'm afraid you just have to wait it out . . . if I were you I would start temping and OPK ing now, unless your not going to use these methods then don't bother! lol
either way it shows you whether ovulation has returned or not! good luck ladies!
Just gimmie a shout if you want to vent/ask questions/ rant! I know it helped me to hear other ladies stories! I hope we can me you feel a little bit better!!!

GL :dust: to you all!

Hi

Coming of the pill is one was one of my worst times....I kept reading stories about others not getting a period for months and it scared me and i thought i would never get my period.

All i can say from experience is that were all different, some people take longer to get back to normal once coming of BCPs and others its right away.

For me i have gone back to pretty much a 24-25 day cycle, i cant say if its normal for me as i was on the pill for 10 years.

I completly hear what your saying about spending years trying NOT to get pregnant, and then when you eventually want to it seems to take ages.

Good luck and hope your cycles return soon
xxx

I'm in the same boat too. I'm so impatient too waiting for things to get going!

me too...i came off BCP on June 11th...i think i finally had a real AF or the part when BC is out of your system type AF on the 6th...but all my AFs have been normal in the past...so we will see...Hoping for a BFP before christmas...but if not we will keep trying. :) Good luck everyone!

Hi, I came off BCP in September. I think if I had known what it would do to my body I would have def come off earlier.

Its amazing that all we get told is that it only takes one sperm to make a baby, but in reality how long does it take to find that one sperm!!!:spermy:

Lol - thought this would be easy but I guess I am going to have to be patient. F/xd all our cycles regulate soon.
xxx

I know me too . . . deffo would have come off it six months ago!! lol

it took me 6 months to get AF back and my cycles are like 45 days now. everybody is different and hopefully you will get yours back sooner. i was on it for almost 10 years so maybe thats why mine is extra messed up. good luck. funny to be so glad to see AF....

it took me 6 months to get AF back and my cycles are like 45 days now. everybody is different and hopefully you will get yours back sooner. i was on it for almost 10 years so maybe thats why mine is extra messed up. good luck. funny to be so glad to see AF....

Oh gosh - I was on 12 years!!1 I really hope it doesn't take too long. Soooo broody!! It took us so long to reach this stage in our lives and now its all I can think about. I think DH was more upset than me when AF turned up last month.

Trying OPKs but not even the faintest of lines yet - although only on CD9. What days should I start seeing something?

i think if your cycle isnt set yet your ovulation day can vary greatly, i have been doing bbt to try and see when my ballpark is. ive never used OPK but if you can afford em it doesnt hurt to check....

Oh gosh - I was on 12 years!!1 I really hope it doesn't take too long. Soooo broody!! It took us so long to reach this stage in our lives and now its all I can think about. I think DH was more upset than me when AF turned up last month.

Trying OPKs but not even the faintest of lines yet - although only on CD9. What days should I start seeing something?

just keep checking everyday . . . maybe even twice when you get around 14 days, thats what i did anyway!! good luck hun!
i would advise temp charting too!!

ha! me too!! although ours was supposed to be August next year!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back