TTC #1 after the pill - how long can it take?

latte

Reaction score
Hello Ladies.. hope someone can give me some advice...

I came off the pill in Sept and had the usual bleed. Then had 3 lots of 27 day cycles in Oct, Nov & Dec. These were very light - lasted about half a day!!

OPK didn't really show anything and last month on CD14 GP did an internal ultrasound and it didn't show an egg.. lining was also very thin for mid-cycle.

I'm currently on CD12 and really hope I ovulate this month! Is there anything I could do to help ovulation?

Thanks!

It took me 9 months to get pregnant after stopping the pill....so maybe your body just needs time.

Thanks Curligurl, Hopefully that's what it is. This is Cycle 4 now - I'm just soooo impatient!

It's different for everyone. My first pregnancy, it only took me a month from coming off the pill to get pregnant. This time, I've been off since April and haven't gotten pregnant :( we weren't TTC until October though, so I'm not too worried.

Glad Im not the only one whos impatient, on our 1st month TTC! and ......i feel like its been a year! Its awful isnt it!
I think theres no time limit, Ive googled lol and it seems to me that everyone is different!
Goodluck, and baby dust 2 u xx
:flower:

So happy I'm not the only one! We are only on our 2 cycle and I'm being so impatient. Just had my first period off bc in the beginning of December. I tried to BD a lot around what I think was O time (today or tomorrow) so if it doesn't happen I will probably cry in a hole somewhere.

I know this is something you have to be patient about, but I've been wanting to be a Mom for YEARS now, just now started TTC because we are ready and if I hear "it will happen when it's supposed to happen" one more time I might scream!

I took my last BC pill on 11/30/2013 and got a positive OPK on 12/9/2013. According to the calculations, AF is due 12/25/2013 so I am only 9dpo today, I am very anxious to test and sure hope that I get a positive test in a few days or maybe even on Christmas.

Beachyfeelin... no need to cry in a hole - It does get upsetting as we spend so many years trying not to get pregnant and when we think it'll just happen - it doesn't!

I'm CD13 today. 4th Cycle off BC and I think it's my 1st cycle that I've ovulated. DH and I live & work abroad as teachers, it's half term tomorrow and we're flying back home to the UK.

It's winding me up so much that CD14 - I'll be on an aeroplane - instead of BD'ing! But I'm so happy I've ovulated this month - just need to laugh about the timing :)

My 2ww will be the christmas hols - Hopefully a BFP on Jan 3rd!

Hello Ladies.. hope someone can give me some advice...

I came off the pill in Sept and had the usual bleed. Then had 3 lots of 27 day cycles in Oct, Nov & Dec. These were very light - lasted about half a day!!

OPK didn't really show anything and last month on CD14 GP did an internal ultrasound and it didn't show an egg.. lining was also very thin for mid-cycle.

I'm currently on CD12 and really hope I ovulate this month! Is there anything I could do to help ovulation?

Thanks!

I came off the pill in the middle of a pill pack (naughty of me) in May 2013. I didn't have a period of my own for a few weeks so I took prometrium at the beginning of July to jumpstart my period. I had my own cycles in August, October, and November (CD 35, 59, and 41). I don't chart or anything so I cannot confirm that I have ovulated. I will say that this is cycle #2 where we are more serious about BDing every other day and I'm also taking a vitex capsule 3x daily. I have read all about vitex and my acupuncturist recommended I take it. I don't know if it has helped regulate my cycles yet but it has definitely increased my CM which is a good thing :) Hope you find what you're looking for and get that :bfp: Lots of :dust:

I was on the pill for 20 years and was pg 5 months after coming off. We had actively ttc 3-4 of those months (I had a surgery and had to stop for a month or 2) I honestly think the reason I got so lucky is because I started vitex right when I stopped. I swear it got me regular really fast. I was also taking some other stuff that is good for fertility, but I think it was the vitex that made things happen so quickly!

Is Vitex available to buy over the counter? From any health store? Might try it next cycle.

Hi guys!
Im kinda of in the same boat! This is our first cycle TTC bean number 1. But this is also my first cycle off BC. Im currently CD6 and according to the CBFM I'm low fertility today (which is as expected!)

I'm not even holding my breath to ovulate this month as I've been consistently on BC since i was 17 (I'm 26 now) so i think it'll take my body a while to settle.

But I've decided I'm gonna give myself this cycle to see if i do ovulate on my own and then I'm going to start taking vitex (I'm in the UK and got it online from holland & barrett) to kickstart everything. Ive seen a couple of ladies on here who said they started taking it as soon as they stopped their BC. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Im so impatient! I want to see that high/peak reading on my monitor so i can get down to some BD!!!!!

I was on the pill for 20 years and was pg 5 months after coming off. We had actively ttc 3-4 of those months (I had a surgery and had to stop for a month or 2) I honestly think the reason I got so lucky is because I started vitex right when I stopped. I swear it got me regular really fast. I was also taking some other stuff that is good for fertility, but I think it was the vitex that made things happen so quickly!

LOVE hearing your faith in vitex! This is the first cycle I'm taking it and I've noticed a significant increase in the quality and amount of CM. Hoping for my :bfp: in the near future!

Is Vitex available to buy over the counter? From any health store? Might try it next cycle.

I bought mine off of Amazon. I bought the brand that my acupuncturist recommended and it seems to be the one many others recommend as well- Nature's Way Vitex. I follow the directions on the label which says I can take up to 3 capsules daily. I space it out by taking 1 before breakfast, 1 after lunch, and 1 before or after dinner. I have taken it on an empty stomach and have never felt sick from it. I've noticed a good difference in my CM by taking it 3x daily. :)

Best of luck to you!

Here in the us it is. I got mine at whole foods and it was only like $8!! I used natures way.

I continued mine at a reduced dose until 16 weeks pg. i had been on it for 5 months and I'm not sure if stopping it quickly causes hormonal problems.

Onelove526- I remember every month feeling like a depressing eternity (just like it does now since I'm back ttc) but then it happens and you forget all about that!! So glad you are trying the vitex and I hope it brings you positive results very soon!!!

:flower: I'm in the same boat!

I was on BCP for 12 years. I am 28 now, just took my last pill on Nov 27th. AF is supposedly due on Christmas Day if my cycles are normal (28 days) as they were on BCP. I think I ovulated on the 10th or 11th; had pains and cramping which I never had in the middle of my cycle on BCP. That would put me 8 or 9dpo today, but I really don't know for sure as I did not temp or track anything. We have been BDing every day or every other day since AF ended just to cover our bases :)

I will for sure use OPK next cycle if this one does not work out. I really don't feel any different so I am not overly optimistic about this cycle. But I am so impatient!!! Once I decide that I want to do something, I obsess over it... I have been on this website and googling/researching for the last month!!! I really hope it doesn't take too long..... so disheartening!

As others mentioned, I have also done extensive googling/research and I have come to the conclusion that there is no "normal" amount of time it takes to get pg after BCP!! It is all over the board. Everyone has a different experience. Also, we may be seeing a bias based on the people that are perusing these boards... the people that got pregnant right away may not be posting on here... ya know?

GL to all!!!

Hi all. I am very new to this forum, but my DH and I have been trying since September. I went off the pill on September 20th. I had been on it since I was 16 (now 30), and I have been having weird cycling times. I had a normal AF right after getting off the pill (September). October AF came at CD35. I never got my AF in November, and thought I was on a CD35. I waited a few days and took a CB and it was negative. Then I waited and waited. AF finally came on CD45. Now I have no idea when I will O (bought a OPK) or when AF will come again. Before I was on BC my AF were normal. How long does it take to have more normal AFs? I am super impatient.

Hi all. I am very new to this forum, but my DH and I have been trying since September. I went off the pill on September 20th. I had been on it since I was 16 (now 30), and I have been having weird cycling times. I had a normal AF right after getting off the pill (September). October AF came at CD35. I never got my AF in November, and thought I was on a CD35. I waited a few days and took a CB and it was negative. Then I waited and waited. AF finally came on CD45. Now I have no idea when I will O (bought a OPK) or when AF will come again. Before I was on BC my AF were normal. How long does it take to have more normal AFs? I am super impatient.

Your story and cycles sound exactly like mine. I went off of BCP back in May. I didn't get a period for a few weeks and became impatient so I took prometrium to jumpstart my period in July. I had a 35 day cycle, 59 day cycle (ouch), and a 41 day cycle. I know it could always be much worse so I try not to dwell on the fact that I do not have a super regular cycle. I was on BCP for 10 years but I didn't have regular cycles before that either. I am actually closer to regular now than I was before. I am now taking vitex to help regulate my cycles. I don't know if it was successful yet because this is my first cycle taking it. I can tell you that I did have much more wet CM which is great! :) Unfortunately, this TTC business is all about "hurry up and wait"... I feel your pain! I am super impatient and competitive so when I put my mind to something, I obsess over it and think about it constantly. :) At least we have TTC friends on here that we can share our journey with along the way! :dust: to you my friend! Cheers to a sticky :bfp: ASAP!!!!

Hey fellow off BCP ladies :)

Cycle 4 for me, am 8DPO atm and not feeling so convinced this cycle went well, i've had slightly wonky Ov days since coming off (no ov first cycle, 17, 21, 16) and my LP hasn't been completely normal, always get AF on 11DPO but spotting the day before :( this month I started drinking Fertilitea and I really think it helped my cycle :) that's the earliest O i've had since coming off BCP, we went straight from BCP to TTC so i'm just hoping things smooth out :)

Fingers crossed for everyone !

Hey fellow off BCP ladies :)

Cycle 4 for me, am 8DPO atm and not feeling so convinced this cycle went well, i've had slightly wonky Ov days since coming off (no ov first cycle, 17, 21, 16) and my LP hasn't been completely normal, always get AF on 11DPO but spotting the day before :( this month I started drinking Fertilitea and I really think it helped my cycle :) that's the earliest O i've had since coming off BCP, we went straight from BCP to TTC so i'm just hoping things smooth out :)

Fingers crossed for everyone !

We are in the same boat. We went from BCP to TTC. I have been reading advice all day. I bought some preseed at lunch. I already have an OPK and hoping to use it this weekend (my O cycle is messed up with my varied AFs) and keep using it until I O. I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones to come off BCP and get pregnant right away. I had two friends who did. Guess not. Here is to hoping it happens soon for all ladies!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->