TTC #1 and first opk POSITIVE!!! HAppy and sad..

claus81

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have been trying to conceive for 4 months and today I got my first opk positive!! So excited but I don't know what to do. Here is the thing, I have been having problems with abdominal pain since November and I have been under treatment. The thing is that my doc wants to do an endoscopy in three weeks because I might have an ulcer or inflamation. I don't know if I should wait in ttc this month.

What do you'll think?? :shrug:

Well, I'd call your GI's office and ask them. They'll probably have a nurse call you back. Most likely, if you were to get pregnant, and you got a positive pregnancy test when you go up there to get your endoscopy (usually they'll ask you to do a urine test), they won't proceed with the exam. The medicine they use to sedate you is potential harmful to an unborn fetus. However, they may have an alternative route for women who are pregnant. The reason I know all this is because I've had 2 endoscopic procedures in the last few months, both while in my luteal phase. I had the most recent one actually when I was 2 days pregnant, but obviously oblivious to that. I'm not worried that the drugs will have any effect at all though, because the egg hadn't implanted at that point. It becomes a different situation if you are already to the point of a positive pregnancy test. Anyway, that's what will happen, so hopefully you can make your decision based on that information, and what the doctor or nurse tells you. Good luck!!

Thanks Jessica!!

What was wrong with you? Why did have an endoscopy?

I dont think it would hurt to try... If something is wrong you body probably wont let you get pregnant right now anyways... But if it does maybe whatever is wrong wont hurt the baby??? Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->