TTC #1, but not first time pregnant...

stiletto_mom

Reaction score
Hi everyone, not sure how to say this or even if this is the right place. Hoping that someone maybe in a similar situation as me.

DH and I are TTC #1. I'm not charting or temping, so I guess technically trying not preventing (TNP). We are dtd almost every other day (and I know it doesn't really matter until O-days), but I'm just enjoying the intimacy and fun with my hubby atm.

Situationally, I've been pregnant before. About 10 years ago (when DH and I were just kids) we got pregnant. We were so young, still in school etc. We chose to terminate. The second time it happened, our contraception failed us. Terminated again. So, I've carried two pregnancies (only about 5 - 6 weeks each). Both of them were very different. First one, I was super nauseous at 4 weeks and craved raw salmon. Second one, nothing... maybe moody but that's it.

I'm anxious and nervous about TTCing as it naturally brings back memories. Also, we started NTNP in August, and TTCing in October and were kind of disappointed when AF came in November.

I know it's WAAAAAAYYY too soon to be disappointed, but as I got knocked up when I was young so easily, I suppose I thought it would be just as easy. I wonder if it's age or just luck?

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone out there is TTCing their #1 and have maybe have been pregnant before (whether you terminated or loss doesn't matter). Just wanted to connect or hear about your experience(s). Thanks!!

Hi everyone, not sure how to say this or even if this is the right place. Hoping that someone maybe in a similar situation as me.

DH and I are TTC #1. I'm not charting or temping, so I guess technically trying not preventing (TNP). We are dtd almost every other day (and I know it doesn't really matter until O-days), but I'm just enjoying the intimacy and fun with my hubby atm.

Situationally, I've been pregnant before. About 10 years ago (when DH and I were just kids) we got pregnant. We were so young, still in school etc. We chose to terminate. The second time it happened, our contraception failed us. Terminated again. So, I've carried two pregnancies (only about 5 - 6 weeks each). Both of them were very different. First one, I was super nauseous at 4 weeks and craved raw salmon. Second one, nothing... maybe moody but that's it.

I'm anxious and nervous about TTCing as it naturally brings back memories. Also, we started NTNP in August, and TTCing in October and were kind of disappointed when AF came in November.

I know it's WAAAAAAYYY too soon to be disappointed, but as I got knocked up when I was young so easily, I suppose I thought it would be just as easy. I wonder if it's age or just luck?

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone out there is TTCing their #1 and have maybe have been pregnant before (whether you terminated or loss doesn't matter). Just wanted to connect or hear about your experience(s). Thanks!!

Sorry to hear about what you're going through. We started trying in May and got pregnant that month with twins. We lost them both by July. We've been trying ever since and I have had a cycle every month since July 12, but no luck. I was temping, OPKs, using vitex or soy, preseed, checking my cervix, etc.
This month, I am trying to relax. No temping. I took soy days 2-6 of my cycle and at a much lower dose than I'd been taking. No OPKs. If i think I am fertile I will just have sex, and enjoy it. Because honestly if it weren't for the OPKs and temps, I'd be a few days off in my guestimate of when I O'd because soy gives me O pains for days before and after ovulation, and fertile mucous for awhile. So just going to have lots of sex, get a little tipsy and enjoy every aspect of my man and not view him as a sperm depositor like I had been (sad but true). I feel so much less stressed about it this way.

Good luck to you!

Hi StilettoMom! Without going into too much detail...I, too, have been pregnant before (3x, 2 abortions and 1 blighted ovum). So it looks like we are in the same boat! TTC #1 as well. I distinctly remember major nausea with my first, almost no symptoms with the second (that was the blighted ovum) and extreme moodiness with the third along with seemingly unquenchable thirst and cramps. Nonstop cramps. I kept thinking AF was coming. I also got intense cramps after orgasms. So I pretty much know what to expect if I do conceive. I am worried that maybe my uterus is damaged after the 3 procedures :( I'm on my third month now and I'm pretty concerned that I've had so much trouble!! I feel like I should have gotten pregnant on the first frickin try. Why would I get pregnant by accident (trying to PREVENT it!!) but not when I'm actually TRYING???

I am in a similar boat. I had my IUD taken out in June, got pregnant in July and had a miscarriage in September. This is my first try since then, and I know that just because it was easy last time doesn't mean it will be again, but part of me really thinks it should be.

Im now TTC no 2. When we were TTC no 1 we conceived straight away but mc at 6 weeks. It took ages to get a BFP and my only symptom was sore boobs. They seemed to disappear pretty quickly and I didnt 'feel' pregnant. I remember sitting on the stairs on the phone to my mum saying something isnt right and just under a week later I starred bleeding. We waited for 3 months then stopped being careful and conceived straight away again. It was our first anniversary and we had a weekend away, hadnt even clocked that AF was late when I felt knackered. I woke up feeling a little off the next morning and just knew I was pregnant! Nothing specific, just knew. Thankfully DS is a happy 3 year old whirlwind and were working on #2. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->