TTC #1 clomid and Ovidrel

musicmama76

Reaction score
Hi ya'll,

I'm new here and have been on this baby bump ride for almost 2 years now. We finally decided to get some help and I'm on my first cycle of clomid 100mg with ovidrel and progesterone. Been feeling a bit emotional and just tryign to keep my hopes up. I never thought it would be this difficult to get pregnant. All our testing shows nothing is wrong with me, DH has a little below normal SA, but not by much, only by 3million. Not sure if I should just forget all this TTC naturlly and start IUI or IVF. A bit frustrating. Keep seeing my biological clock ticking away. Being at work stinks because I'm a labor and delivery nurse and I have to be with pregnant women helping them deliver all the time. I'm really trying not to get bitter, but sometimes you think "why is this happening to me". Sorry to be venting, I have no one else to talk to about this. All my friends and co-worders get pregnant just by thinking about it. Just frustrated.... Thanks for your time.

Hi there
just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. I am about to start a similar cycle. 100mg clomid with ovidrel.
How did it go for you? did you have any side effects from clomid? how was giving yourself the ovidrel?
hope you are doing well!

Hello, I have never posted before. I took clomid for 5 cycles with my ex husband (2008/2009). After we split took time off... now I'm with someone new and we did the not trying not preventing for about 9mths and then started clomid again.. I had no responce with 50mg this time so I just finished 100mg... my symptoms were very different this time, my doctor had me take before bed, which is supposed to cut down on symptoms... I have had some moodiness and a bit emotionally sensitive but otherwise nothing... in past I had lots of headaches, nausea and my breast were extremely sensitive.

I take the ovidrel shot tonight then start with the BD...

Hello, I have never posted before. I took clomid for 5 cycles with my ex husband (2008/2009). After we split took time off... now I'm with someone new and we did the not trying not preventing for about 9mths and then started clomid again.. I had no responce with 50mg this time so I just finished 100mg... my symptoms were very different this time, my doctor had me take before bed, which is supposed to cut down on symptoms... I have had some moodiness and a bit emotionally sensitive but otherwise nothing... in past I had lots of headaches, nausea and my breast were extremely sensitive.

I take the ovidrel shot tonight then start with the BD...

OMG thanks for posting! I am going to be doing the same thing, 100 clomid and the ovidrel. good luck with bding. how was the shot? also, i'll plan on taking clomid at night. lets hope i dont have too many side effects, im kind of emtionally sensitive already! lol my poor husband!
did you have to go in for Ultrasounds and bloodwork to check follicles? thats all new to me but I think the nurse mentioned it.
oh yay im so glad to have someone to talk about this with.

OMG thanks for posting! I am going to be doing the same thing, 100 clomid and the ovidrel. good luck with bding. how was the shot? also, i'll plan on taking clomid at night. lets hope i dont have too many side effects, im kind of emtionally sensitive already! lol my poor husband!
did you have to go in for Ultrasounds and bloodwork to check follicles? thats all new to me but I think the nurse mentioned it.
oh yay im so glad to have someone to talk about this with.[/QUOTE]

Hey, it is really nice having someone to talk to. The shot wasn't bad at all... slight little pinch, but way less than shot at the drs or bloodwork. I did it in the stomach as opposed to the leg. I did go for ultasounds for follicle checks but no blood work. They are easy and short, for follicle checks I didn't need a full bladder (which no one told me the 1st time) since its only the internal u/s. Have you had one?

I also am emotionally sensitive to begin with, and the clomid did highten it but not to an extreme.. I hope the same for you! Lol the ploor men in our lives!

yup I agree about the poor men in our lives. I haven't started yet. Im waiting for AF and then i'll start clomid cd3 and then go in on cd12 for ultrasound and then do ovidrel sometime after that. so you are ahead of me. Ya, I think I'll do the shot in my stomach too - what cd are you on???? did you guys bd like everyday around the ovidrel? How exciting - you might get a bfp this month!!! Oh i hope you do and then i'll be right behind you and THEN we can be bump buddies! lol and try to keep eachother sane and calm during our 1st trimester. LOL

I only had 1 ultrasound so far and that was when I had the ectopic, it was a vaginal us, is that what you mean by internal? it must be.

Grace- Yes vaginal.. I go in for a baseline us on day 3 of cycle, then once they call and say all is well I start clomid (that night), then I go back cd for follicle ck us on cd10, this time I had 2 11.5 and 15mm, so went back a couple days later and they were 17 & 18mm I took shot next night and then yes we did the bd last couple of days... this is cd 16 for me. But they monitor my follicles too ensure that its working and to allow for timed bding...

I think I ovulated this morning... so fingers crossed!! Def hoping for a bfp! I hope thing go well for your cycle... keep me posted!

Where in MA are you?

Grace- Yes vaginal.. I go in for a baseline us on day 3 of cycle, then once they call and say all is well I start clomid (that night), then I go back cd for follicle ck us on cd10, this time I had 2 11.5 and 15mm, so went back a couple days later and they were 17 & 18mm I took shot next night and then yes we did the bd last couple of days... this is cd 16 for me. But they monitor my follicles too ensure that its working and to allow for timed bding...

I think I ovulated this morning... so fingers crossed!! Def hoping for a bfp! I hope thing go well for your cycle... keep me posted!

Where in MA are you?

Thanks for sharing the specifics of your cycle, this helps me mentally prep a bit as Im sure it will be very similar for me. I am supposed to get AF next Friday or so- so that will be cd1 and then I start clomid cd3 i think, they said to call on cd1 for instructions, they also mentioned going in for us to check follicles - and then they will tell me when to do ovidrel, so very similar to you. yay! im so glad you are going through this too! and exactly the same stuff, 100clomid and ovidrel too. it SOOO helps me! :happydance:
om cd16! thats great! Oh I hope you O'd. Are you using instead softcups? i used them when I got my bfp, not sure if they helped or made any difference at all but Im definitly going to use them again so i thought i would mention it. I forgot - did you say you have any children already?
My DH's family has a nasty habit of stalking me online and no one knows we are ttc yet so i'd rather not say (here) where i live. I can pm you if you want.

I totally understand. No one in our families know either... its hard enough without all the questions and sad looks. I'm in Weymouth, just south of Boston. Was just curious... sorta stinky though that you have to becareful online.

I have never used instead soft cups? You like them? So you used them prior to trying? Hopefully I won't need them...

No no children... I tried for about 5yrs with my ex.. no luck there but there were also factors that went against it... but anyways...

So now I guess I'm oficially in the 2ww... hopefully there will be a BFP at the end!

Im so excited for you! yay! you could get your bfp in 10 days! AHHHHHHHH
Yes i used the instead cups when i got my bfp. You just put one in after you BD, and it keeps the sperm up in there and where it should be. I would wear it for a few hrs, maybe 2 or so. Probably not needed that long but I did.

Yes DH's family stinks a bit, when we were planning the wedding i was on a wedding website and they found me (somehow) not sure how and then got pist at me for talking about my "soon to be mother in law, and soon to be sister in law" - even though I never said who i was or where I lived, they figured out I was talking about them and then got mad and told the family i was talking bad about them on the internet! PAH!
its funny, cuz if they ever found this and knew i was talking about them again, they woudl be really pist! LOL
crazy people with not enough things to do obviously.

Anyway, im so excited for you - that you are in the 2ww. How many times did you get bd? around O time? How old are you? did i ask that already. I am 36.

Hi Dopey and grace, mind if I join you ladies?

I went in for my 2nd u/s this week today and got the green light to use my trigger tonight.. I plan to use it around 9pm...this is the first time I have ever had any follicle response and first time being able to trigger. I was on 100mg of clomid cd5-9. fx for you dopey hopefully you arent far from your bfp!

Bluckycharmed- not at all!!! Shots not bad at all... I did have some abdominal cramping for a few days after but otherwise it was fine. Keep me posted on how it goes for you.

Grace- I'm 37, have pcos... my boyfriend is 36 (will be 37 in dec) neither of us have any kids... this is so new for him lol!

That's a good idea wearing them after bding (we did everyday)... I will have to keep that in mind. If I don't get a bfp, I go back on 15th and we discuss what's next...

That's crazy about in-laws... they definitely do not enough to do

Bluckycharmed - yes welcome! please join us. Thats great you got the green light to do the triggershot. Did you watch the educational videos? it looks easy and Dopey said its not bad at all! So exciting! Looks like you'll be doing a lot of bding over the weekend! wooooohoooooo! yay :)

Dopey, how many dpo are you? are you going to test at home before you go back on the 15th? OMG thats only 10 days! yay! how do you feel? When I got my bfp I had some implantation bleeding about day 7dpo, thought it was the start of AF but nope! FX for you!

I took trigger Mon evening... I chose not to do opks and stuff because I didn't want to stress too much... I woke with sharp abdominal pain Wed and its still a bit sensitive... I've researched it and think that was my ovulation... so 2dpo. I haven't decided. I want to wait til Drs, since its less than 14 days and will be more accurate but temptation may win out at some point!

Other than the abdominal pressure and slight discomfort I feel fine and completely normal. But its still early. I'm afraid to think about it too much, I know that a clomid/ovidrel cycle can cause pregnancy like symptoms... well see how long that lasts lol!

Bluckeycharmed how did shot go for you?

The shot itself went fine... My husband did it for be so if we get a BFP he will truly be responsible haha... Today though I am more queasy/nauseated than normal... I'm not doing opks bc the doc said the trigger could throw them off but on Sunday I'm gonna start doing my IC hpts until they go neg, then I will know it is out of my system and my doc said that on Oct 18 would be a good day to test.

We BD last night and I used soft cups and pre-seed so I really hope it works. We will do it tonight and tomorrow too. I don't know if I could handle another BFN.... I would be devastated :-(

It seems like lately all the preg ladies are flocking to wherever I am bc I see so many!!

Gl to you dopey, when are u testing?

my boyfriend gave me shot too... I was fine with doing it but he wanted to so I let him lol... I did have some nausea but not til yesterday... and just for a few mins...

I am going to try and wait til my dr apt on the 15th... that will be 14days after trigger... well see though.. lol. I too have see too many bfn and don't want to do it too early... I didn't know about softcups til grace told me about it so I didn't use them... hopefully it worked anyways

The shot itself went fine... My husband did it for be so if we get a BFP he will truly be responsible haha... Today though I am more queasy/nauseated than normal... I'm not doing opks bc the doc said the trigger could throw them off but on Sunday I'm gonna start doing my IC hpts until they go neg, then I will know it is out of my system and my doc said that on Oct 18 would be a good day to test.

We BD last night and I used soft cups and pre-seed so I really hope it works. We will do it tonight and tomorrow too. I don't know if I could handle another BFN.... I would be devastated :-(

It seems like lately all the preg ladies are flocking to wherever I am bc I see so many!!

Gl to you dopey, when are u testing?

sounds great! good job on the softcups, they can only add a little extra "help" :thumbup: I hope you get a bfp this time ! and I hear you on everyone around you being preg. I have that around me too, its aweful. I work at a hospital and the day i found out i was losing my pregnancy one of my docs came and told me she was pregnant. i almost died. :wacko:
anyway sounds like you are doing everything you can! just have faith! when its meant to be, it will - and you will get that bfp when the time is right. fingers crossed for you! its sooooooooooooooo exiting that you'll be testing in like 15 days or less!

my boyfriend gave me shot too... I was fine with doing it but he wanted to so I let him lol... I did have some nausea but not til yesterday... and just for a few mins...

I am going to try and wait til my dr apt on the 15th... that will be 14days after trigger... well see though.. lol. I too have see too many bfn and don't want to do it too early... I didn't know about softcups til grace told me about it so I didn't use them... hopefully it worked anyways

I wouldn't worry about it - i mean at least now you know about the softcups. so "if" you dont get a bfp you can use them next time. but honestly, I truly dont know if they make a difference, i just figure they can only help.
but if you bd'd around trigger then im sure you are good to go! I would say if you can, wait til your appt - i know it would be tough, i dont know if i could wait. but im a nut - lol ............
maybe i'll have my DH give me the shot, make him feel apart of things.
ughhhhhhhhhh - i can't wait til AF comes so I can catch up to you guys!
this is so exciting! WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE PREGNANT TOGETHER!!!!!!! I JUST KNOW IT!!!!!! YAY!!!:happydance:
and then we can support eachother all 9 months!

I wouldn't worry about it - i mean at least now you know about the softcups. so "if" you dont get a bfp you can use them next time. but honestly, I truly dont know if they make a difference, i just figure they can only help.
but if you bd'd around trigger then im sure you are good to go! I would say if you can, wait til your appt - i know it would be tough, i dont know if i could wait. but im a nut - lol ............
maybe i'll have my DH give me the shot, make him feel apart of things.
ughhhhhhhhhh - i can't wait til AF comes so I can catch up to you guys!
this is so exciting! WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE PREGNANT TOGETHER!!!!!!! I JUST KNOW IT!!!!!! YAY!!!:happydance:
and then we can support eachother all 9 months!

Grace if you are BD with your DH then he better feel like he is a part of things! Haha... I know I wont wait until the 18 to test... its a joke if I try to tell myself that I will...I am far too impatient and anxious for that. Some women swear by the softcups and I figure they wont hurt so what the hay..

That would be great if we all ended up as bump buddies! Hopefully we do!

Just took an OPT... it was SO DARK that I had to post it.... :happydance:

Attachments

• photo (17).JPG
    photo (17).JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member