TTC #1 Feeling like there's no hope

MurphysLaw123

Reaction score
I stopped taking the contraceptive pill in May, and have been TTC ever since. I have always had irregular cycles, but I feel like they are even more irregular since stopping the pill. Sometimes there's 9 weeks or more between cycles! I know it's only been 5 months, but I'm starting to get so depressed everytime AF arrives, or I get a negative result.
I'm only 21 years old and starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my fertility. I expected it to be so much easier than this, but I was so wrong!
Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm starting to feel like it's a losing battle :wacko:
Need some assurance that this is normal, and there's not something wrong with me!

Completely normal hun, I'm 28 and have irregular periods. Now they are much better now than what they where 3 years ago. I have 1 little boy and when TTC him I came of the pill in April and fell pregnant in December. The pill can take up to about a year to get out of ur system and for ur body to find a routine without it. I'm sure it's hard for u to keep track of ovulation. Try to get in tune with ur body look out for ovulation signs and DTD every other day to be sure. Good luck xx

Thanks for your reply, that's makes me feel a little better. Can't help but worry that there's something wrong with me sometimes.
Just have to keep trying, and wait, wait, wait :)

As long as u get periods and ovulate... U have as good a chance as any. Yes if u are irregular it makes it difficult to keep track but try not to stress and listen to ur body. It's hard but the outcome is amazing 😆 baby dust to u xxx

I completely feel for you with the BFN's and AF always showing up. I'm 28 & I just started cycle 6 of trying but went off birth control in March. I absolutely realize that others have been trying years longer than that, and my heart breaks for them. It's still hard at this stage, though. Especially when I've been ready for years now. My cycle has been pretty normal but still nothing despite temping, OPK's, CM & CP charting, etc. I'm beginning to wish I could at least see a BFP, just to know I can even fertilize and implant something. I do worry about my fertility as I suffered from a ruptured appendix when I was a teen. I can't help wondering if it's caused damaging scar tissue around my ovaries or something. You're not alone in your worrisome feelings. I know I just need to keep pushing on.

Hugs and baby dust to you! :hugs:

Thanks for replying :)
I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in this. Sometimes it can feel like everyone else is getting Positive tests so quickly without even trying!
Sometimes I worry that I can't even get pregnant, but hopefully that's not true.

Hugs and baby dust to you as well. We just have to stay positive and keep trying :)

Ugh I am right there with you. We are only on cycle #4 but I am still like ....why hasn't it happened yet? What's *wrong* with me?!

I haven't been on BC in a long time but did almost have to get surgery to get my mirena out and I always worry that hurt something. Ugh

The worst is hearing my mom saying.. It used to be so easy!

Like she doesn't get the testing and charting! Ughhh

I feel like it's so easy for everyone else around me, so these replies make me feel so much better that I'm not alone.
I've never really charted or used an OPK. I've been checking CM though, and this cycle I know we DTD right at the same time as I had EWCM, so I'm still hopeful. I'm thinking of starting to check that I am actually ovulating, because I have this feeling that maybe for some reason I'm not!
Fingers crossed and baby dust to you all :)

This is something I never thought I'd mention here but since we're talking *fear*... I had an abortion at 17 (pretty much forced by my parents), a miscarriage at 19 that resulted in a D&C, and then another abortion at 25...worst decision of my LIFE. Long story short, I was very pressured by my boyfriend that I lived with at the time. He was abusive, manipulative and cruel. Needless to say, we weren't together long after that. I am now 32 and I am *terrified* that due to those 3 procedures that I may not be able to get pregnant again...especially after my failed attempt last month. It just kills me to think that the abortion I had at 25 may have been my last chance...and now maybe I am being punished. I know it was just 1 attempt so far but it's still very scary and I am more regretful than ever.... My first boyfriend and I had unprotected sex (very foolish) for years with no pregnancy, we didn't even think I could get pregnant. Then at 17, BAM. Then, like a fool, let it happen again about 6 months later with him and it ended in a miscarriage which I needed a D&C for. Then the other abortion... UGH. I hate myself for being weak. I don't know if I will ever forgive myself for that. Anyway, I know your fears. Don't fret, babe - I was very young and healthy and I did not get pregnant for years!!! And we did the deed like rabbits (sorry, TMI!!!). And then all of a sudden it happened... I sure hope it can happen again! Don't give up!!!!!!!!!! *hugs*

That sounds like so much to go through! I'm so sorry that you had to experience all of that. I would never wish that upon anything...
Sometimes, there are times in peoples lives where they're just not ready for children. I really hope that it doesn't effect your chances of getting pregnant now, as it sounds like you do really want a baby.
How long have you been TTC for this time if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you!! This is just my second cycle TTC, AF started yesterday morning but I was hoping for a BFP. It's hard not to wonder why it didn't happen. I'm using a donor so it's that much more difficult, too.

I hope that doesn't affect your chances too! How long have you been trying?

Now my FF if I change the settings to FAM from advanced it takes away my CH! :( what do you guys think?

I have only been trying for 1 cycle, on to my second now!! So I am very new to FF myself!!!! I am not sure what changing it to FAM will do?? I can't even chart my BBT because I sleep so horribly.

I haven't even tried charting yet because I wouldn't even know where to start, so I'm not much help with that one sorry!
Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since I last had AF!

Haha, it's just always so disappointing when it's negative! I've still got my fingers crossed though. A few symptoms to keep me thinking positively as well! :)
But don't want to think too much into it because it's easy to get carried away and start imagining symptoms that are actually either PMS or all in my head.

Ya, I feel ya..... I'd still test!!! lol Now I wanna know!! :)

I would rather just play the waiting game, than risk disappointment.
My partner actually woke up the other morning and rolled over and was just like "you're pregnant", and when I asked what he was talking about, he said he had a dream that said I was. I know it most likely means nothing, but it made me happy to hear :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->