ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

Poppet2016

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am new to this forum, however I have been following a few threads for a few weeks now.
My husband and I have been ttc for one cycle so far and got a bfn :0(
AF showed her wicked face today :0(
We are doing home insemination (due to the fact my husband and I cannot conceive in the natural way).
Last cycle we used the clear blue dual hormone digital OPK. We imseminated 5 times before peak fertility and day off peak fertility.
However - no success that time :0(

Today I have prepared ourselves by purchasing the pregnacare conception tablets for him and her. I also have bought preseed based on review read.

If anyone can give some advice or tips on what we can do better to help towards a positive result this cycle - it would be greatly appreciated.

I have always wanted a baby and to have a family of my own. Being a mum would be the gift I could ever ask for.

Good luck to all those ttc and hope to hear from of you soon.

*baby dust to all* xxx

I would personally keep using the kit and try not to get discouraged. Most women get pregnant within 6 months of beginning to try. Some other tips would be to have your man wear boxes instead of briefs (if he doesn't already), keep your pelvis propped up on pillows after the insemination for at least 15 minutes, orgasm before insemination so things are more hospitable in there for the sperm and maybe start insemination the day of and a couple days after you get a positive opk. You said you inseminated 5 times before ovulation and the day of. However, an egg is not released usually until 36 hours after that positive opk so maybe you were inseminating too early to catch it. Hope these tips help! Good luck and :dust:

Hi dont get discouraged or stressed about falling pregnant straight away, on average it takes a couple 12 months to conceive.

Theres a few tips that i have seen online, you OH taking a cold shower before DTD, keeping himself cool down there as over heating kills the sperm. This might sound weird but i have spoken to a few people now who have successfully gotten pregnant from this, they have put their legs up in the air against the wall to keep the sperm in there, for around 15-20 mins. Then if you stay flat on your back afterwards and keep it in there as long as possible it gives the sperm the best chance of getting to the egg.

I hope you get your BFP soon :)
xxx

Thanks you both for your replies.

So am currently 11dpo in TWW for second month of TTC.

This month I O'd on 28th sept.

We inseminated on 27th evening, 28th morning and evening, and 29th evening.

Each time, my husband did the deed in a sterile pot, in which there was a small amount of preseed. We left it to liquify for about 5-10 mins. Sucked up into 10ml syringe, then I inserted it into me. I left the syringe to adjust to my body temp before slowing ejecting into me. Once all injected, I left the syringe as a plus for 15 minutes to make sure nothing came out.
I was propped up on 3 pillows whilst injecting.
And stayed up on pillows for 30-45 minutes and also had an 'o' on two of the occasions. I went straight to bed (after desperately needing the loo!) TMI hehe

This month we used preseed and also took pregnacare conception tablets for both myself and my husband.

At 11dpo, my symptoms are:

- lower back pain
- lower abdomen pains ( like AF but not!)
- feels wet down there but actually kinda dry
- on off headaches since 8dpo (which I never get)
- two weird dreams where I got BFPs
- sicky feeling but not been sick
- occasional nauseous/ dizzy feeling
- ratty and irritable (which I get before AF anyway!)

NO SORE BREASTS
NOT MUCH MUCUS

When do you think I should test?

Do any of these symptoms sound positive?

Do you think I inseminated at good timings?

Hope to hear from mummies, mummies to be, ladies who are hoping to get their BFPs.

Thank you all in advance and baby dust to all!!

Xxxxxx

When I got my bfp we BD 4 days prior to O, the day of and the day after. Some women catch doing it just the day before and day of but even my two sites where I track say that timing is great if you do it like I did.

But your symptoms looks promising. I had cramping/twinges, boobs tingly, flushed feeling, headaches, increased smell. Every woman is different. But I knew I was pregnant because what I was experiencing wasn't normal for me.

You could probably start testing with a FRER. I got a squinter at 10dpo, bfn 11 and 12 dpo, but a light line on 13dpo. but some women get lines at early as 8 or 9dpo. How long are your cycles normally? I think it depends on how far away from af you are. at 10dpo, I was 8 days away from af so it was incredibly early even though I was sure I implanted 6dpo.

Hi Aayla
My cycles are between 30 to 33 days
I am on cd27 now and 11dpo
Lower back pains still there.
My smell has always been good but this evening I got home I could smell coffee and my husband was surprised as he made it a good hour before I got home. And it was just a regular Nescafé not any nespresso machine ones where the house smells of coffee.
Symptoms seems to have gone apart from headaches and lower back pain.
When do you think I should test based on above info?

I say test tomorrow morning with a frer. You are 3-6 days before next af so chances are good, if you are pregnant, that you would get a squinter or light line.

ooh it all sounds very good :)

when are you testing? use a sensitive test like First Response early result as this detects minimal amts of hcg days after implanting, good luck :)

Well I am working tomorrow so will have to get the test from tesco in the evening so will do my first test on Sunday morning I guess?! Or tomorrow night?!

Am getting major AF pains as I am laying in bed - is that a good sign? Or really bad? :0(

Really hoping for a BFP! So many people around me having babies or pregnant. As much as i am happy for them - have a little bit of jealousy going on! Is that normal?

Oh most definately normal, i see pg ladies everywhere & i want it like now haha, im envisioning my mwife apts, scans the lot!

Cramping doesnt always mean periods comung though, can sometimes be everything implanting & nestling in down there, fingers crossed it is for you ;) do you usually get cramping before period? Saying that, if you were on bc like i was, i didnt get anything, simply took last pill & then started bleeding 2 dsys later..

Not on bc!
Get the occasional cramps but not as much I have been getting.
Husband says my body is cold but head is hot?!
I could be totally reading into things!!!
Just want a BFP so bad!!!

Every time I feel ok - I hear someone else is expecting and I get down again.
I have been fairly emotional about everything the last week - work and all this baby stuff lol can't seem to relax!

I shall test on Sunday - fingers crossed.

I've home inseminations are just as good as the traditional way. So who knows!
Also hoping the pregnacare conception tabs and preseed have done their magic!

How are you coming along with TTC?
Anyhing you are doing which may help?

So I'm curious..and you don't have to answer if you don't want to...but I'm wondering why you can't have sex and have to do home inseminations?

I was also a wondering that Aayla..

If you are inseminating you could always try some Fertility Lubricants to help spermies live longer & swim about up there, conceive plus or preseed? Its a non-barrier lube, im using to help with ewcm as i dont produce much

Hi ladies

Unfortunately my husband can't do the deed the natural way. We still have fun etc... But not have natural inter course.
Hence inseminations.

We used preseed this cycle (cycle 2)

Today is 12dpo and Cd28. Got on and off AF pains, but have some mucus too. Which I haven't had for a couple of days.
Headaches still come and go and no other real symptoms.

Doesn't sound too positive does it?
Should I test today or wait until tomorrow?

Have to get my tests after work so won't be until later this evening if I do it today.

Hope you are all well and having a nice weekend

Xxxx

My cousins wife literally this morning got her faint positive & she woke up with cramps & that pushed her to test as she is due af tomorrow, def test as it can be good signs aswell Poppett ;)

Post ya test if ya can so we can obsess over it hehee! Even more good that you guys are using preseed, help keeps those spermies to live longer x

I'm going to test tomorrow at 13dpo / CD29

I really feel like AF is about to show. af pains all evening.
No other symptoms :0(

Hope you get that positive Poppet :) dont be disheartened if not though as it can take a few times to get there for some, 5-6 cycles before i fell with my son, but i have everything crossed for you x

Thank you claireybell.
Your help and comments have been really nice. It's nice to be able to talk to other experiencing the same stuff xxx

I hear you there, when i was ttc my son i knew noone that was ttc but a friend of mine was already pregnant & she told me all about this site, i love it, lots of ladies going through the same, im terrible symptom spotter aswell Lol! But its nice to chat & bounce at each other ;)

Where in the world are you from poppet? Uk its 07:45 here, dreamt i got a positive test last night but not even ovulated yet ha ha! Hope your pee on a stick gives you that bfp today X

Hi claireybell

I'm from the uk too - London!
Am putting of poas today as I am scared of a negative.
Thinking to wait until 14dpo / CD 30 - which is tomorrow.
I haven't had any more symptoms - they all seem to have gone over night.
Apart from tiny sicky feeling just now and slight/mild AF pains and tiny pain in chest lol
It's all a bit odd really. Not sure if I'm getting these or imagining stuff!

Where abouts are you from?
How are you coming along with TTC #2?
Do you take any supplements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"