TTC #1. Month Long Period?

Totter0817

Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first post. I am turning to forums to get some support and maybe some answers. Thanks in advance! Also, I apologize I don't yet know all the proper abbreviations. Here's a brief summary of my journey:
28 years old. Fairly healthy. Diagnosed with endometriosis in 2011. Went through the laproscopic surgery and Lupron(menopause) shots for six months. Immediately started Depo Provera as soon as the Lupron ended. So approx. July of 2011. Continued until March of 2014 when I had original thought 2015 would be the year. As I was not exactly ready, but wanted to start to get Depo out of my system, I switched to the Nuva ring. My last Nuva ring was taken out the end of December. Been actively TTC since then. Here's where it gets strange.
First Cycle off BC : 41 days. Normal period. 7 days. Nothing unusual.

2nd Cycle(Cd 1 on Feb 6th) normal period six days long not including two days of spotting before. I'm pretty sure I ovulated. I have been checking cervical mucus and using an OPK. Ovulation occurs on 2/22, so Cd 17.

3rd Cycle(cd 1 on 3/16) which means my cycle was 38 days long. Pretty long it seems. Which also makes me think I may not have ovulated when I thought I did. But either way it is now 4/6 and I am still on this period. Not exactly a month but 22 days!!

Never, even before my endo diagnosis have I ever had period this long. first two weeks were fairly heavy. Cramping, the typical period problems. Nothing unusual or unbearable by any means though. Since about day 15 it has slowed down, some days more than others. Days 16-19 it finally seemed to be coming to an end. Definitely a dark brown color and becoming more like spotting. It stopped on day 20 then came back on 21 but heavier than spotting and red in color again. By this point, I'm worried about anemia. The last two weeks of this period haven't exactly felt like a period either, thank goodness. Not really crampy or bloated.

I know this post is crazy long. I'm sorry. But I'm tired of being on my period. I see my OB in three days. But I am so confused now. Can I ovulate during this time? I'm hoping I didn't miss it. I know typically you can't ovulate while on your period but this is just strange. Anybody else experience this after coming off BC? Any words of wisdom?

Please, does anybody have any advice? Did I post this in right section? I am really new to all this and any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Probably best to wait until you see the OB for the best advice.

I haven't experienced exactly the same but my last cycle was after an anovulatory cycle so I started spotting/light flow on CD (cycle day) 24 and then it continued for 20 days but never seemed like a real period. Anyway, about 2 days after it stopped I got a positive OPK test and then ovulated.

It sounds like yours is a lot heavier though so it could be endo related. I guess the OB should know more. I just didn't want to leave you without any replies, especially being your first post :)

Thanks for the response! I've been checking back often to see if anybody replies. So thank you very much, I appreciate it.
Tomorrow is the dr. Appt. I'm so anxious. I just want some answers. Today is day 24 of this period. It's so frustrating. I'm most frustrated about what is coming next. Like if I will ovulate and when. And how do I get back on track. Hopefully I get some insight tomorrow.

Talked to my doctor today. He prescribed me 5mg of aygestin for two weeks. He says My hormones are confused and this will essentially "reset" my body. It will stop the current period within a couple of days and then once the two weeks is done it will start a new cycle. He said from there I can continue to ttc but if the period is abnormal again to come back in for different options.

Talked to my doctor today. He prescribed me 5mg of aygestin for two weeks. He says My hormones are confused and this will essentially "reset" my body. It will stop the current period within a couple of days and then once the two weeks is done it will start a new cycle. He said from there I can continue to ttc but if the period is abnormal again to come back in for different options.

Hey, sorry I know this is an old post but looking for someone who has experience with aygestin. I was prescribed it about 3 weeks ago... The first week it completely stopped my 3 week period (was taking 2 pills a day). The other 2 weeks I went down to 1 pill a day and have spotted almost every day... Did you experience this??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->