TTC #1 via IVF after failed IUIs

sakufan11

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I've just started stimming for my first round of IVF with ICSI after 5 failed rounds of IUI. Just wondering if there was anyone out there going through this journey with me.

Same!! but we did 3 iuis. we have unexplained infertility, both going to be 33 in the next 2months. i had a few polyps removed yesterday, went well and i have ultrasound/bloodwork tues, to start microdose lupron flare protocol wednesday!! excited but a bit overwhelmed by all the meds. good luck to you!!!

Good luck ladies! My husband and I had our first IVF cycle in November but had to do a freeze all because of the amount of eggs I had retrieved. I’m now prepping for our FET which will hopefully take place over the next month if all goes to plan! I’m no expert but shout if you have any questions!
Lala the meds do seem overwhelming at first, but you will soon get into the swing of things!

hi ladies

I will be doing my first round of IVF next month....could you ladies tell me about it?? Is it painful? How bad are the needles? I am dreading the big needles for PIO. Please share your experiences

Hi Hope!

Oh you poor thing, try not to dread it- easier said than done I know. The needles for stims are absolutely fine, and just go under the skin in your belly. The first one will be a little weird, but after that you will be completely fine. Sit down, pinch about an inch of fat and in you go- over in seconds and it doesn’t hurt.

I never got as far as doing the PIO as we had a freeze all after egg retrieval and I was then hospitalised. We are currently prepping for our FET and I should start progesterone this Thursday. I’ve requested that I swap the PIO for a mixture of suppositories and stomach injections and my clinic were absolutely fine with it. Reason being that my husband is a police officer so won’t be in every night to stab my bum, and the idea of getting that needle all the way into my thigh where I don’t have much far was stressing me out. I got a bit of a mental block since coming out of hospital (although I’m currently injecting my stomach every night with no problem). I think if you have someone to inject your bum every night, you will be fine.

As for everything else, just be kind to yourself and to each other. It can be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for some people. Saying that, none of my meds really affected me emotionally, it was all more physical for me.

Let me know if you have any other questions love :hugs:

thank you so much.. I have experience with the subcutaneous injections...it's the PIO with the huge needle that scares the crap out of me.

Good luck with your transfer! I hope it all works out for you.

If you're really worried about the PIO injection, why don't you ask your doctor for an alternative?

we are on day 6 of stims and the needles are so small!! after the first day you kind of realize its not a big deal. that being said, my husband administers the injections so i'm sort of talking the talk without walking the walk. I had a headache on day 2 & 3 but I believe it was from stopping coffee a week prior. i feel great so far. im adding in menopur tonight, just a little nervous since we have to mix it. good luck & God bless you all!!

alternatives could be progesterone suppositories however that is not their standard protocol after IVF and they like to stick to what they know works. (understandably).

I'm just a big baby.

I don't mind the small belly needles, those aren't bad at all. It's the 4 inch needles that go intramuscularly that scare me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->