TTC #1 with Femara

I started on 5mg as well. I had a little bit of cramping but not too bad. It gave me two decent sized follicles. I'm on day 9 of my TWW so we will see soon how good Femara was to me!

Fingers crossed for great news! When are you planning on testing?

Here is what has come back from the lab so far, not sure what else he tested..
FSH was 1.6.
Progesterone 9.1
Prolactin 21.4
Thyroid normal

What dpo were you on the day your labs were drawn? The progesterone shows that you definitely ovulated, but if those are 7dpo numbers, than it probably isn't as strong of an ovulation as they would like to see. I know my RE wants to see 15 or higher to support a pregnancy on medicated cycles.

Hello Ladies, first of all, congratulations to those who have already conceived, and good luck to those who are still yet to.

I am currently on my first round of Femera and today is CD5. I am on 7.5mg CD 3-7 and I have a follicle scan booked for the 21st.

No side effects to report really which is awesome as 4 days into taking clomid I developed vision problems.

I have been trying for 6 years now with 1 miscarriage a couple of years a ago.

I was wondering if I would be able to request a trigger shot? I have not been prescribed one so I am assuming they are going to see if I release my eggs naturally, but I feel I will be giving myself a better chance with a trigger. I've armed myself with ovulation test strips and conceive plus as I am determined to make this the month I get pregnant!

*hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss. TTC is painful as it is, but when you throw a loss into the mix, it complicates things so much more. So glad you are having no side effects! <3 As for the trigger shot, I'd ask them. Just be prepared that the darn things are NOT cheap. Even with my cycle being covered under RPL (repeat pregnancy loss which acts like preventative), my trigger shot (ONE of them) was $112. My RE really wanted me to have one because of the timing issues. This way they could specify for me to do the trigger on this day and start progesterone shots 3 days later.

I started on 5mg as well. I had a little bit of cramping but not too bad. It gave me two decent sized follicles. I'm on day 9 of my TWW so we will see soon how good Femara was to me!

Fingers crossed for great news! When are you planning on testing?

Here is what has come back from the lab so far, not sure what else he tested..
FSH was 1.6.
Progesterone 9.1
Prolactin 21.4
Thyroid normal

What dpo were you on the day your labs were drawn? The progesterone shows that you definitely ovulated, but if those are 7dpo numbers, than it probably isn't as strong of an ovulation as they would like to see. I know my RE wants to see 15 or higher to support a pregnancy on medicated cycles.

Hello Ladies, first of all, congratulations to those who have already conceived, and good luck to those who are still yet to.

I am currently on my first round of Femera and today is CD5. I am on 7.5mg CD 3-7 and I have a follicle scan booked for the 21st.

No side effects to report really which is awesome as 4 days into taking clomid I developed vision problems.

I have been trying for 6 years now with 1 miscarriage a couple of years a ago.

I was wondering if I would be able to request a trigger shot? I have not been prescribed one so I am assuming they are going to see if I release my eggs naturally, but I feel I will be giving myself a better chance with a trigger. I've armed myself with ovulation test strips and conceive plus as I am determined to make this the month I get pregnant!

*hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss. TTC is painful as it is, but when you throw a loss into the mix, it complicates things so much more. So glad you are having no side effects! <3 As for the trigger shot, I'd ask them. Just be prepared that the darn things are NOT cheap. Even with my cycle being covered under RPL (repeat pregnancy loss which acts like preventative), my trigger shot (ONE of them) was $112. My RE really wanted me to have one because of the timing issues. This way they could specify for me to do the trigger on this day and start progesterone shots 3 days later.

I was 9dpo when the labs were taken...

Kelli - Do you happen to know if your luteal phase is typically 12days? I only see the two charts on ff (current and cycle previous). If so, I'd say you were probably already on the downtrend for progesterone. It would most likely be more accurate to look at it closer to 6dpo.

That's a good question I don't really know... These last two months have been the only normal cycles in a very long time...so I'm not pregnant or anything right? Lol

Hi Ladies,

This is also my 1st cycle of Femara,
I had 6 failed clomid cycles.
Took the last 2 months off, and started again now, Im on cycle day 4, the only side effects I had this far is headaches.
I go in the the 23rd, cycle day 13 for my check up, and trigger shot if I made nice size follies.

Congrats to all the ladies who already has their BFP, and Good Luck to those in the TWW....!!! :)

Hi Ladies,

This is also my 1st cycle of Femara,
I had 6 failed clomid cycles.
Took the last 2 months off, and started again now, Im on cycle day 4, the only side effects I had this far is headaches.
I go in the the 23rd, cycle day 13 for my check up, and trigger shot if I made nice size follies.

Congrats to all the ladies who already has their BFP, and Good Luck to those in the TWW....!!! :)

Come on big follies! :)

So AF is here, I start Femara on Thursday!!!! I'm really really nervous!!!! What should I expect??

Also, my doctor said to count spotting as cd 1.. Well I started to barely spot last night about 11 pm.. So is that close enough to today to count today as cd1?

Hi

Its my last day today of the Femara,
I had terrible migraines and hot flushes....

My FS told me, only once I have a full bleed that should be counted as day 1, and not spotting, because I usually start spotting 2 days before my actual period.

What time of day do you take it? Does it matter? I'm nervous about side effects...

Well its best to take it at night in case you do get side effects, because then you can just sleep it off.

Hello ladies
Update from my side.
I only made 1 follicle measuring 19.1mm on the left ovary.
1st time ever I make any on the left side.
It usually on the right only.
Hope that is a good sign........
He did the trigger and the cramping has already started.
I have to go on the 7th for bloodwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->