TTC #1 with PCOS

cdespain9910

Reaction score
My name is Candice and I'm 19.

My dh and I have been married for a little over a year and just started trying about a month ago. I have PCOS and I'm not sure how to calculate my ovulation since I only have one to two periods a year so if anyone has advice on that, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

I'm way new to this so please bear with me.

Stalkers welcome :friends:

The best thing to do is ask you doctor to help get your cycle regulated. I've only had 2/3 periods a year since I was 18(23 now). I.ve been ttc for over two years. Finally went to dr and he gve me some meds. They have helped a little but I still haven't started n my own.

I agree with the above. For sure see your doctor about getting your cycles regulated. And good luck to you! Really hoping you get your :bfp: soon!

The company my husband works for just got bought by another company so we have been waiting for all of our information to be forwarded over to the new insurance company. That actually just went through yesterday! YAY! So I am going to start looking around for a doctor!! Thanks guys!!

UPDATE:
My husband and I have been DTD about every other day or so. Well on the 14th I had the egg white cm, so I figured it was worth a shot (us DTD definitely couldn't hurt anything :winkwink: ) But I'm so darn IMPATIENT!! I took a test this morning knowing full well that it was more than likely going to be a BFN, and it was. :( It's so hard to wait around!!

Ditto about getting your cycles regulated! It would be hard to conceive with only 2-3 periods a year, I think. That probably means that you ovulate very late in any particular cycle (like day 70 or so? guessing), which might be too late for conception to occur, as the egg and uterine lining might be too old. Your doctor might decide to put you on Clomid or Metformin to help you ovulate earlier. Most women with PCOS have success with either one of those two medications.

Once your cycle has been regulated, you can help predict O with ovulation predictor kits (opks), which tell you when ovulation is approaching. You can then time sex appropriately.

Has anyone else tried Clomid or Metformin? Are there any risks to taking these?

Geez it all seems so complicated. :( I think I have decided to start looking for a doctor and really getting into timing ovulation and stuff after the holidays. It would be a less stressful time you know?

QUESTION:
So I realize I haven't been trying for long but does anyone else find it hard to be happy for someone who gets a BFP while you're trying? Its not that I'm not genuinely happy for them I guess I'm just sorta jealous cause I wish it was me? :( I guess what I'm really asking is, is it normal to feel this way or am I really that selfish?

UPDATE:
I went and tried Reiki for the first time today. Its a form of energy healing and very relaxing. Well anyways the master I went to told me after doing it that she saw me in the future with a baby (a cute chunky boy to exact) and also told me that she doesn't see me concieving in the house I'm in. She said I would be purchasing a house in the near future and that is where I would concieve! This is actually really cool because my husband and i were looking into buying a new house the beginning of next year! Although she couldn't tell me when, just knowing that she did eventually see us with a baby is comforting!

If you have less than 4 periods a year you are at a higher risk of womb cancer, so always see your dr if this is the case. Found this out when I was researching pcos

That's scary! I guess I had better go in sooner! Thanks for the info Allyson11!!

i take metformin. its not that bad. and yeah, my ob said that the less periods you have the higher risk of reproductive cancer you have. I just got diagnosed with PCOS last month, and I just had my 3rd period of the year. Im going to start clomid eventually, but right now the important thing is making sure everything works. You definitely need to see a doctor.

Im with you -- its hard to be happy for people that have their BFPs, and I don't. (I've been trying for 6 years, and everybody i know lately had or is pregnant with a baby. my cousin had her 3rd, my oldest step daughter had her 1st last year (6 days before I lost mine) and my 3rd oldest step daughter is due in jan. ARGH!!!!)

If you ever wanna talk (or need to), don't be afraid to write. Friends are a necessity in all this.

I agree with the other ladies. My hubby and I have been trying for a year and a half now, and for most of that I had no period whatsoever. The few periods that I have had, have been brought on by meds - mostly prometrium. My current OB advised me that not having periods caused your lining to build and that was dangerous because of cancer etc. Definitely have it checked out.

My endocrinologist (that my OB referred me to) put me on metformin to help with my pcos in general as well as help regulate my cycles, and I'm finding that it truly is helping. My temps are pointing to ovulation this month for the first time in well over a year! It's also helped me (along with a low GI diet) to lose 46 pounds over the last 5 months. :)

Do you do any kind of charting at all? OPK's or temping?

I never knew there were so many people out there going through the same thing! Its way comforting to have people who understand what I'm going through and also hve suggestions! :) thank you all so much for all the info.

Congrats on your weight loss Dodger. My weight probably isnt helping me. I think I'll look into starting some kind of diet. What all did yours involve? And to answer your question, I haven't tried to chart at all (mostly because I have no idea how). If you have advice on that I'll be more than happy to try it out.

I'm so sorry for your loss RainAngel. I cant imagine how hard it is to lose a child :cry: it sounds like you have it kinda rough with all those babies around. :( I really hope you get a BFP soon! I'll keep my FXs crossed for you! :)

UPDATE:
My DH and I did the BD this morning. So I wonder if what I thought was egg white CM the 14th was really something else? My last period was in April. If it truely was the real deal, when should I test?

Missy.... you still don't have your "journal" under the TTc journals :p You have it just under the TTC threads.

Also... tend 10-14 days after Ovulation (if you ovulated) would be the 24th- 28th. So you have abut 4 more days before a test would even come up positive, and maybe a bit longer.

I never knew there were so many people out there going through the same thing! Its way comforting to have people who understand what I'm going through and also hve suggestions! :) thank you all so much for all the info.

Congrats on your weight loss Dodger. My weight probably isnt helping me. I think I'll look into starting some kind of diet. What all did yours involve? And to answer your question, I haven't tried to chart at all (mostly because I have no idea how). If you have advice on that I'll be more than happy to try it out.

Thank you! I have definitely found that my weight wasn't a friend to me in this and I'm so glad that I changed my diet. I'm doing the low GI diet which means I'm staying away from simple carbs like white bread, potatoes, white rice etc because those break down into sugar very quickly and since I'm already overweight it just becomes fat. I'm also staying away from processed sugar and keeping to natural sugars like the sugar in fruits. I've cut down on my portions and made a promise to myself that I'm not going to have McDonalds until after I get pregnant with a healthy sticky bean. When I do eat out, I'm cutting down on my portions and really trying to stick with things that are more healthy for me.

Charting is pretty easy. You take your temp every morning when you wake up. If you have a set schedule and can take your temp at the same time of day each day, then that is best, but if not, my OB told me that I could take my temp whenever I wake up for the first time as long as I've had at least 3 hours of sleep. You can register for a free account at www.fertilyfriend.com and keep track of your temperatures. Even if you have no solid info to give it to start, it will give you an idea of if/when ovulation occurred or was likely to have occurred.

I don't know what to tell you about when to test. When I wasn't having periods at all, I think I tested once a week just on the off chance that ovulation snuck itself in when I hadn't noticed.

I very much agree that it's tremendously comforting to find others in the same situation as me and especially to see how many of us pcos ladies go on to succeed! :)

I think you have to recreate it.... I don't know if you can move threads.

Click Here

and create a new thread, that takes you directly to where you're supposed to be :)

Youre so helpful Dodger!! :flower: Do you take your oral temperature or your uh :blush: "down there temperature" lol.

UPDATE:
Apparently, I dont have my "journal" under the actual "journals" part, haha, but I'm not gonna change. I told you all I was new at this (and basically don't know what I'm doing.)

Anyways, I'm felling pretty down today... I found out another one of my friends is pregnant! :cry: I mean I am happy for her, I just want it to be me. I kinda feel like I'm not good enough. ](*,) I mean I can't even get pregnant!! What can i do to NOT feel this way?

I'm glad to help! :) It's nice to be able to give back the help that I received. I take my temp orally. lol The other way just doesn't sound at all pleasant. :wacko:

I'm not sure what to tell you on that. I have those days and moments as well... prior to finding out that I had pcos, I used to cry about how my body was broken and there was nothing I could do to fix it. Now I at least have hope and that helps. It's not always easy, but I do put my trust in God. I've seen His hand in my life too often to not believe. I know He has a path for me and I truly believe that path involves a child. It's not easy being patient and it's SO hard to watch person after person get pregnant without seeming to even try and still be here waiting and hoping.

Another thing that helps me is to remember that the things I've appreciated and cherished the most have been things that I had to wait for or work hard to achieve. When I get my LO, the journey will be worth it and will have made me a stronger better person for it.

I'm glad to help! :) It's nice to be able to give back the help that I received. I take my temp orally. lol The other way just doesn't sound at all pleasant. :wacko:

I'm not sure what to tell you on that. I have those days and moments as well... prior to finding out that I had pcos, I used to cry about how my body was broken and there was nothing I could do to fix it. Now I at least have hope and that helps. It's not always easy, but I do put my trust in God. I've seen His hand in my life too often to not believe. I know He has a path for me and I truly believe that path involves a child. It's not easy being patient and it's SO hard to watch person after person get pregnant without seeming to even try and still be here waiting and hoping.

Another thing that helps me is to remember that the things I've appreciated and cherished the most have been things that I had to wait for or work hard to achieve. When I get my LO, the journey will be worth it and will have made me a stronger better person for it.

Do you ever feel like after you finally do have a LO, that you won't be able to have more? Or that you just won't wanna put all the time and effort into doing it again? I think that is something that really really scares me.. because I want tons of kids!!

Do you ever feel like after you finally do have a LO, that you won't be able to have more? Or that you just won't wanna put all the time and effort into doing it again? I think that is something that really really scares me.. because I want tons of kids!!

I do worry about that. But then I'm 36, so my biological clock is ticking loudly in my ear. I'd love to have a couple of kids, but I'd be more then thrilled to have one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"