Ttc #1

P

Praying4Num1

Hi everyone!

I am new here and wanted to get some advice and opinions on my current situation.

My DH (29) and I (31) have been married for 6 years and we have finally decided to TTC our first. This, of course, is exciting for us but yet worrisome for me. I have always had typically long cycles (around 35 days) until I started birth control. Once I stopped taking my birth control, my cycles went back to normal. However, about 6 months following that I had some issues where I would not have a period for about 3 months and this has happened several times since 2008 but not within the past year :) I have recently gone to my OB/GYN to have a full work up done on myself to make sure everything is a GO. My friend, who is a NP, and I have always thought that my problems could be related to PCOS. (Sidenote: I have been overweight my whole life, it is difficult to lose weight, I do have excessive hair growth under my chin and on my chest) So I finally decided to have all of this checked out, YAY! After a whole day of poking and prodding, my ultrasound came back normal, the majority of my hormone profiles came back normal except for testosterone which was slightly high (no numbers were given to me). I am waiting on my progesterone results to come in which may not be for the next several days.

On the TTC aspect: I had two + OPK results on days 22 and 23 of my cycle and we did the deed on both of those days plus one (per Dr's orders).

I guess, most of all, I wanted to see if anyone has had the same experiences and practically to see what you all thought considering this is all new to me. I am a science driven person and this is all driving me nuts because I'm having a hard time figuring this one out. Advice welcomed and needed!!!

Sorry this is so long. Thanks!

Hi there :) firstly, welcome, and good luck! Hope you get your bfp soon :)

I fell pregnant with my daughter very easily. I was incredibly underweight and didnt think it was really a possibility for me, but! I had 28, 33 or 35 day cycles, and about twice a year I'd have a 70 day cycle. So I definitely wouldnt worry about it :) if your tests come back normal, I guess some of us just have odd cycles lol :shrug:

Like I said though! Fell pregnant really quickly. 2 weeks of dtd every day...using condoms! And bam! Baby. Lol

Good luck!

Thanks Destiny08!

The odd cycles really irritate me lol. Especially when I am surrounded by my friends who seem to be fertile myrtles :)

I am staying positive though!!

Thanks again!

Oh yea lolmy best friend started trying for her second 2 weeks before me, fell pregnant instantly and is now 8 months along getting ready to have her baby around new years. I know exactly how you feel!

It literally drives me bonkers :wacko:
Especially seeing almost every single friend of mine on Facebook with their preggo pictures and ultrasound pictures.
One day it will work for us!!

It literally drives me bonkers :wacko:
Especially seeing almost every single friend of mine on Facebook with their preggo pictures and ultrasound pictures.
One day it will work for us!!

Oh I feel you there! My sister in law is pregnant, as is one of my good friends, and I just found out from my mother that two of my cousins are as well.

I have mega bump jealousy happening!

I could completely understand why you are :growlmad:
How long have you been TTC?

Not that long, I'm on cycle two now. Though last cycle I think I may have been pregnant but it just didn't take. I never had a :BFP: but I know my body and it was not normal.

Not that long, I'm on cycle two now. Though last cycle I think I may have been pregnant but it just didn't take. I never had a :BFP: but I know my body and it was not normal.

I wonder sometimes if your body plays tricks on you. So far on this cycle, my bbs started getting sore around dpo 3-4. They don't usually after ovulation so I question whether or not it's actually something or I am just more aware :shrug: But I definitely understand on knowing when something is just not normal.

Good luck to you and keep me posted!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back