• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC #2 - 1st month off bc - need reminders about what to expect!

SpartyMom05

Reaction score
I'm just now trying for #2, and after having a normal AF I decided to not start a new month of BC - so here we go!

When trying for #1, I don't remember when I typically ovulated, but I think my cycle was about 29 days long. My problem last time was having early losses (3 unfortunately over the course of 10 months) before they finally put me on progesterone supplement, and I had a healthy pregnancy the very next month. So, I have an appointment next week with the Dr. to discuss going back on progesterone since that seemed to be the key last time.

What else should I be thinking about this early on in my TTC journey?

I'm just now trying for #2, and after having a normal AF I decided to not start a new month of BC - so here we go!

When trying for #1, I don't remember when I typically ovulated, but I think my cycle was about 29 days long. My problem last time was having early losses (3 unfortunately over the course of 10 months) before they finally put me on progesterone supplement, and I had a healthy pregnancy the very next month. So, I have an appointment next week with the Dr. to discuss going back on progesterone since that seemed to be the key last time.

What else should I be thinking about this early on in my TTC journey?

I don't have a ton of information to offer, but I just wanted to say hello! I am in a similar situation. I just came off of BCP this month and I am 1DPO today. I used OPKs this time (never did with DS1), and I got a very strong positive result on Saturday afternoon. I'm following to see what kind of advice you get.

Good luck! Hope your doctor appointment goes well.

Yes I think I will also try to use OPKs this time, and will probably go to the store later today for that since I'm not sure I still have any and I imagine they expire at some point anyways. I did use them towards the end of ttc last time, and it was helpful to have a confirmation of sorts.

I dont think my O happened yet, but it likely will very soon in the next couple of days as long as things are going "normally".

Thanks for the support! Sending you best wishes as well!! I'll post an update once I go to the Dr on March 7. I'm so impatient for that appt to happen, but that is the earliest they could get me in ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"