TTC#2 after Mirena was surgically removed.

youngmommy26

Mom of 1 TTC#2
Reaction score
ok so I have been posting a lot on here lately because I have been having a lot of problems TTC since I had my Mirena taken out. It's been 2 years since it was removed, and I have been trying to have another baby this whole time. I was on the Mirena for 4 1/2 years and it completely stopped my menstrual cycle while on it. well 2 years ago, I went to the OBGYN because I wanted to get it taken out, well they couldn't find it. They then did an ultra sound and found it, It had migrated up further into my uterus. It hadn't embedded or anything, but it was just floating around in there. The Dr tried to remove it in office, but it was so painful, I couldn't handle it, so I had to go in the next day for outpatient surgery. all I know is he stuck this metal thing inside me that looked like a spoon and just scraped out everything. The month after I got it removed I finally got my period again. But my periods are kind of whacky now. I guess the question I am asking, is could that surgery have screwed up my chances of concieving again? could there be scarification on my uterus walls? I still ovulate every month, it's just my cycles are really weird, they range from 26 to 34 day cycles, and ovulation is always off as well, but I still ovulate. I just really need some advice. I had only ever taken birth control pills before I had my son, stopped taking them, and about 14 months later I was pregnant. I had the Mirena put in right after I had my c-section with my son in 2007. and now it's been 2 years and no pregnancy, I can't help but think they are related. I just had my yearly exam last month, and they said everything is fine. I have had quite a few biopsies of my cervix before due to abnormal pap smears, but this pap smear I just had came back perfect, didn't need a biopsy. So any help or advice would be great, has anyone else been through this?

Didn't want to read and run...I would suppose it's possible that the surgery could have affected something, but maybe not. Have you talked to your obgyn about it? My mirena expelled itself in January after having it for 2 years...and we've been trying since with no luck. Do you temp or use opks? Unfortunately opks only really tell you that you're gearing up for ovulation but can't confirm it. Hope you get a bfp soon :)

Didn't want to read and run...I would suppose it's possible that the surgery could have affected something, but maybe not. Have you talked to your obgyn about it? My mirena expelled itself in January after having it for 2 years...and we've been trying since with no luck. Do you temp or use opks? Unfortunately opks only really tell you that you're gearing up for ovulation but can't confirm it. Hope you get a bfp soon :)

yeah I went in for my yearly check up last month, everything was good. My papsmear came back normal, nothing out of the ordinary. I have used OPK's in the past and always got a dark line. I have never temped but this coming month in January, I will be. Just bought some OPK's, Pregnancy tests, a basal thermometer, also bought some pre seed lubricant and some menstrual cups to use immediatly after intercourse. also bought me and DH some Fertilaid supplements and some countboost to take with it for DH. I have only ever used OPK's. never went all out like this before. I'm hoping this does the trick for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->